Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Palace Away

Fancy going to this but the lads I normally go with are away this weekend.

Anyone been to a game on their own before and what's it like?

It's like watching a game at home on your own, but more expensive and a better atmosphere*

*better atmosphere not guaranteed.

I bought the tickets on Tuesday and picked them up on friday, i didn't open the letter until today to find they've sent us two seats well apart from each other. At the moment i'm in row 36 how far up is that?

By the way how about The Shakespears Head, Holborn?

Wil be on the 7 am flight from newquay 5.30 start, hope it's worth it i can't wait.

This is so large. 8am train. Beers. Game. Curry celebrating the win. Back to LE1. out OUT.
LADS LADS LADS!! Can't wait. Just hope the team do us proud!
Wil be on the 7 am flight from newquay 5.30 start, hope it's worth it i can't wait.
THAT is commitment.
I bought the tickets on Tuesday and picked them up on friday, i didn't open the letter until today to find they've sent us two seats well apart from each other. At the moment i'm in row 36 how far up is that?By the way how about The Shakespears Head, Holborn?
Think you'll find everyone will just head to the pack to stand regardless of seat number, so you should be ok to sit/stand next to your mate
I get free fuel from work so dont mind paying a bit to park. Found a few 'park on my drive for a tenner' type jobs near the ground. Has anyone ever done this? Are they legit?
Try parking at stanmore tube station. Then get the tube/train to Palace? Much better option!

Thinking of going to this.

How hard is it to get there? I've heard horror stories in the past.

Is it as easy as simply getting a train down there or have you got to faff about with the tube and extra trains and stuff?

I wouldn't could it faff around. If you've got half a brain cell it's simple. Train to St.Pancras --> Tube to Victoria ---> Train to Thornton Heath ----> Weathespoons pub ------> 10 minute walk to Selhurst Park. Do in reverse after the game!

Thinking of going to this.

How hard is it to get there? I've heard horror stories in the past.

Is it as easy as simply getting a train down there or have you got to faff about with the tube and extra trains and stuff?

It's a bit further than just 'going to London' but its hardly a nightmare by public transport.

If coming by train from Leicester - hop on Victoria line southbound from St Panc and get off at Victoria. Alternatively, you can go to London Bridge.

Either way it's a train from there to Thornton Heath which is about 20 minutes before a 10 minute walk.

So all in all just under an hour door to door from St Pancras.

I'm afraid I'm cursing you all by coming to this one. My record with LCFC in London:

P 10 W 1 D 0 L 9

Although that win was against Palace last year..

It's a bit further than just 'going to London' but its hardly a nightmare by public transport.

If coming by train from Leicester - hop on Victoria line southbound from St Panc and get off at Victoria. Alternatively, you can go to London Bridge.

Either way it's a train from there to Thornton Heath which is about 20 minutes before a 10 minute walk.

So all in all just under an hour door to door from St Pancras.

I'm afraid I'm cursing you all by coming to this one. My record with LCFC in London:

P 10 W 1 D 0 L 9

Although that win was against Palace last year..

Mine's about as bad. Apparently we've lost 14 of our last 15 trips to games within the M25. I doubt anyone has a poorer record.

Hmmm just tried to purchase tickets online and its saying "there are no more seats available for this event". Has it sold out or does the online purchase system close this near to the game meaning I need to call the ticket office instead?

Tried this as well. Going to give them a call tomorrow! Ill post in here what they say.

Archived