Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chrysalis

Would I be bad chairman.

My terms to any new manager.

Progress is essential.

Any run of 10 games without a win, dismissed.

More than 20% of first team squad lose faith in you? dismissed.

League position after 10 games, top half of table.

After 20 games top 8.

After 30 games top 6.

Fail any of those, dismissed.

In return full backing in transfer market.

If appointed mid season only the first 2 conditions apply before new season.

If appointed mid season only the first 2 conditions apply before new season.

Brilliant.

I love that last line as it sums up the problem with the attitudes of many on here, as soon as a new manager is brought in nothing is expected of him.

People want Pearson sacked in order to turn things around but I'm almost certain they wouldn't attack a new manager who came in and didn't make the POs. Ridiculous really, why not just stick with the current manager instead and maintain stability?

Brilliant.

I love that last line as it sums up the problem with the attitudes of many on here, as soon as a new manager is brought in nothing is expected of him.

People want Pearson sacked in order to turn things around but I'm almost certain they wouldn't attack a new manager who came in and didn't make the POs. Ridiculous really, why not just stick with the current manager instead and maintain stability?

It's not the new managers squad though so they wouldn't be expected to achieve anything...

For the record, I want Pearson to stay. We need stability at this club for once, and I think in the long-term (maybe this season, maybe not) we'll reap the rewards.

How do you quantify loss of faith and distinguish it from players with an axe to grind?

Monthly player surveys?

Do you really want the players managing the direction of the club?

Oh and no offence but yes I think you'd be a terrible chairman.

The players are here for the benefit of the football club, and should do what the f**k they are told.

The players dont run the show, the manager does. Players "losing faith"? its not up to them to decide what to do

You either think a manager is worthy of a job or not. You can't start dishing out ultimatums before you start.

Every job has KPIs, whether we like it or not!

Brilliant.

What stability ? in case you have not noticed the wheels have come off big time . We are about as stable as a three legged Giraffe.

So you would've sacked Brian McDermott last season, Gus Poyet this season and Ian Holloway from Blackpool the season they went up?

Great chairman.

Exactly what I was thinking. Probably lose patience with Alex Ferguson when he first joined Manchester United as well.

What stability ? in case you have not noticed the wheels have come off big time . We are about as stable as a three legged Giraffe.

We're to eager to seize upon these failures (a big one this time I must admit) and get rid of managers, our next manager will hit choppy waters at some point - It will happen - will you sack him then? You just have to ask yourself "are we on the right path?" and I firmly believe we are. It's not as if this ten game run means it's impossible for us to get promoted now.

You'd be bankrupt pretty quickly if things didn't work out! Chairmen in general make their money with at least some business sense. What you suggest would be suicidal for most clubs.

How do you quantify loss of faith and distinguish it from players with an axe to grind?

Monthly player surveys?

Do you really want the players managing the direction of the club?

Oh and no offence but yes I think you'd be a terrible chairman.

Absolutely spot on!

Archived