Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

Nigel Pearson urges players to take responsibility

The Leicester City manager, staff and players held a meeting yesterday to discuss their poor run of form, which has seen them pick up just two points from the last 21 on offer.

Speculation about Pearson's future was rife yesterday. But while he said he could deal with it, his message to the players was that they should to take a long, hard look at themselves.

Read more: http://www.thisislei...l#ixzz2PNhskO5b At least Kasper can hold his head high

Read more: http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-18596429-detail/story.html#ixzz2PNjkDQvB

If I underperform for a month I'm on disciplinary, a second month I'm out of work. .not holidaying in Portugal. When you trim a squad to the bone you need a backup plan when it hits the buffers.

A majority of the players he has signed?

A mixture of both, but any player can go off the boil. I think it's a situation that has literally fallen out of hand, Nigel thought he had a tight not group of players which we did whilst we were winning, but oh how it has changed since P'boro!

It takes two to tango and from Nigel's past achievements one would assume that the players aren't playing ball, whether it's a lack of leadership or they can't be arsed is another debate, but I feel Nige really has hit a brick wall with this lot.

For the first time in my city supporting life there are a select group of players I can't stand, even more so than last year!

I think it has been a really difficult situation for Nige. With the team doing so well an playing teams off the park how could he foresee this monumental crash. I know that's his job but it really is quite remarkable how things have changed

Saying "it's the players" is flat out retarded. Everyone says "if I performed this badly at work..." in regards playing staff but if my line manager let me get away with that awful productivity they'd be hung.

Picking a team isn't management, most posters on this forum could do it and get it right, especially with a squad this small.

Motivating and encouraging them is management, organizing them is management. I don't see any of that working at the moment.

Saying "it's the players" is flat out retarded. Everyone says "if I performed this badly at work..." in regards playing staff but if my line manager let me get away with that awful productivity they'd be hung.

Picking a team isn't management, most posters on this forum could do it and get it right, especially with a squad this small.

Motivating and encouraging them is management, organizing them is management. I don't see any of that working at the moment.

If your productivity was that bad your manager could sack you today's football managers don't really have that option and if they try they're accused of being arrogant, can't manage egos or been in a head butting fight. :D

Ah whats that saying a bad workman always blames his tools? NFP has truly lost the plot its his job to motivate the players he picks the team decides on the formation, decides where they are going to play that's just the motivation we need at a crucial time of the season with six games to go he blames the players any decent hinourable manager like O'Neil before would admit it's my fault we were not good enougth not him lets blame the bloody players. Whatever next lets blame the fans? Oh hang on he has already done that, we have delusions of grandeur, if you dont like it dont come, this man is ruining our club play offs forget them it aint happening under this clown.

Listen, the whole of the fvcking squad can't be out of form at the same time...It simply does not happen, so they are just not playing for him. We can all argue the reasons as to why, but things are not going to change until he's removed.

Listen, the whole of the fvcking squad can't be out of form at the same time...It simply does not happen, so they are just not playing for him. We can all argue the reasons as to why, but things are not going to change until he's removed.

In an ideal world the players would play for the club! not the manager, that is what I was brought up on as a City fan back in 1997.

How times have changed.

Ah whats that saying a bad workman always blames his tools? NFP has truly lost the plot its his job to motivate the players he picks the team decides on the formation, decides where they are going to play that's just the motivation we need at a crucial time of the season with six games to go he blames the players any decent hinourable manager like O'Neil before would admit it's my fault we were not good enougth not him lets blame the bloody players. Whatever next lets blame the fans? Oh hang on he has already done that, we have delusions of grandeur, if you dont like it dont come, this man is ruining our club play offs forget them it aint happening under this clown.

Why does everyone think just because O'neill was successful with us he is an honourable man. That's simply not the case

It's like kicking a dead cat down the road.

Is that why Marshall can't beat the first man from corners? lol

This comment really grated on me.

- "...we have delusions of grandeur" - I believe this was said because some fans expected us to get promoted straight away just because we had spent money. I took it as though he was saying we need to be realistic. You can't just buy promotion.

- "...if you dont like it dont come" - Quite rightly so. If someone verbally abuses Pearson - he has every right to give his opinion no? I thought that he meant that don't come if you're going to create a negative atmosphere. We are "supporters" after all.

I really dislike how people take Pearson's comments out of context to just use against him. Had this have bee said by MoN - would you have a different opinion on those comments?

Many of the players have been stealing a living for the past 2 months, so ummmmm the players do need to take a look at themselves - It's an inescapable fact.

Buck stops with NP though and if we don't get in the playoffs he'll be the one to no doubt lose his job over it.

Not sure why everyone has to take soundbites the media use out of context all the time.

If it it wasn't his squad then yes you could blame the players but it's not, he signed the majority therefore it's his responsibility.

Anyone who blames the players needs to grow up!

Of course it's his responsibility, he's aware of that more than anyone.

Saying the players need to take a look at themselves after recent performances is a fact... most of them need to.

It doesn't mean he's 'blaming' the players & that's the end of it.

The soundbite the media presented as a story isn't the whole story, it's a snapshot of which they've built a story around.

The reason that I feel the problem lies with the players is purely from what I see on the pitch which from the majority is a real lack of effort. This could be excused if they were burnt out however they've had a 2 week break and still look like they couldn't give a shit.

This whole debate of whether Pearson has 'lost the dressing room' is the real joke, the players should put in a shift regardless due to the fact they are being paid to (I'd like to say for the passion of playing football/ for us but I know that again that is rare). Also what could he have done that was so awful the whole team decided to be mardy with him?!

In fairness though, if you were awful at work over a long period, your line manager would find it a lot easier to replace you (I'm sure that actually you're irreplaceable, but let's speak hypothetically. :whistle: ) Hence, to a certain degree, he, and many other managers, has to tolerate players who don't always pull a shift or who disagree with the way the job is done. The amount of frustration I get from my job from having to do it the way my employers want it done - which to me is glaringly obviously not the best way, nor the cheapest - but I still go out and do it properly to the best of my ability. To do otherwise is churlish and childish. Some of our players need to grow a pair - assuming that IS the problem.

People exaggerate the managers need to motivate. Why the fvck do these w*nkers need motivating? They've been in with a chance of promotion to the fvcking Premiership all season, they're being paid god knows how much. Even at the start of this terrible run they looked half-hearted and demotivated.

There's no excuse for that. Whilst I accept the manager always has to take responsibiliy for results, if we're being completely fair here, the players are actually more to blame. It's they who cross the white line, it's they who have not been putting the 'performances' and 'effort' in, and Pearson is completely right to ask them to man up. If they're not adult enough for that, there's no hope for them.

Of course Pearson has made plenty of mistakes, tactically, in the construction and balance of the squad, and these things contribute to the end result which is the shit we are seeing now. But in terms of motivation, he can't do an awful lot. Half-time team talks maybe, but lets face it, players have just been taking to the pitch from minute one with no desire or professionalism.

Maybe if they went without wages until they next won it might motivate them, but of course that's not possible.

It's about time Pearson took some responsibility and owned up to the fact that he couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

That's a little over the top, but I would agree he has lost the plot as of now.

Archived