Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Run In Discussion Thread

Palace

16/4 Ipswich Away

20/4 Leicester Home

27/4 Blackburn Away

30/4 Millwall Away

4/5 Peterborough Home

Forest

13/4 Cardiff Away

16/4 Boro Away

20/4 Barnsley Home

27/4 Millwall Away

4/5 Leicester Home

Brighton

13/4 Boro Away

16/4 Peterborough Away

20/4 Blackpool Home

27/4 Leeds Away

4/5 Wolves Home

Leicester

12/4 Birmingham Home

16/4 Bolton Home

20/4 Palace Away

26/4 Watford Home

4/5 Forest Away

Bolton

13/4 Bristol City Away

16/4 Leicester Away

20/4 Boro Home

27/4 Cardiff Away

4/5 Blackpool Home

What are people thinking then? Reckon us playing the day before in a couple of the games could be a blessing in disguise, hopefully winning those games will put some added pressure on the others

to win a day later.

We've got the toughest run in, but I think thats a good thing.

Got a feeling Palace might blow it!

Pearson last six games of seasons in charge:

2008/09- 14 points (4 wins, 2 draws)

2009/10- 15 points (5 wins, 1 defeat)

2011/12- 11 points (3 wins, 1 draw, 2 defeats)

We tend to finish strongly under Pearson, and with a point from the first game, I'd say we need to beat last season's total to be in the play-offs, given our two point deficit.

Some hard run ins throughout. I think Brighton's home game v Wolves last day is a gimme for them which is annoying. I also believe that if we do indeed win 2 in a row at home then Bolton are going to find it very tough with Cardiff still to play.

I'm going to call this now, that by the Palace game if we beat them we will go above them.

I'll be honest i don't have much confidence at the moment, we are more than likely gonna end up with maybe 8pts outta them 5 games which won't be enough

I have a sneaky feeling we may have turned a corner yesterday, the performance sounded better. With our run in if we do make it to the playoffs we will have played 5 of the 6 teams in contention for promotion, would be on a good run (only way we are going to make it!!) so should be full of confidence and the others s**t scared of us. Would make us the form team and favourites....... or am I dreaming.

Personally I don't think we're good enough to go up and if we did too many changes needed to survive the Premiership. The Championship is a fascinating league and probably the most competitive in Europe if not the World, but of course I would be glad to get out of it, even if just for a season!!

An interesting month ahead let's hope its an enjoyable one!

Palace have a banker win. In blackburn. Would expect them to beat ipswich as well. Posh may well be down as well. 9 points we arent gonna get so thats them sorted.

And how many banker wins have we had recently?

12 Saturday's have passed since we last won on a weekend. 2 opportunities left this season, Palace and Florist. Surely we have to win one of them? - other than that much as I hate the thought I hope the auto places are confirmed by the time Watford turn up. If, and its a huge if we can get at least 4 points out of the next two, and then not lose at palace, the pressure will be on them hugely with their rearranged game at Millwall during the last week. There'll be lots of twists and it could be any 3 of 5 for 4th, 5th and 6th.

I predict that Forest and / or Brighton will only get 2 points maximum from there next 2 games

Will we get more than 2 points ?

How anyone can say such and such a team are a banker is beyond me as recent results prove anyone can beat anyone in this league

I know some people think that Palace might blow it, but I can't see them doing so to the extent that they drop out of the top six. Limping in to the play-offs in horrible form is another thing.

It's two from four, us, Forest, Brighton and Bolton. Our GD sort of gives us an extra point, if that makes sense?

The Bolton game looks to be the key one for us.

Boro finding some form after two wins since the turn of the year would be a big help also.

I guess if we do make it, it will have been on the back of some kind of decent run, which could give us momentum going in to the play-offs. Finishing 6th and taking on the team that have just missed on 2nd, as is likely going to be the case could work in our favour.

Bolton have the easier run in with their fixtures. They have Bristol City next followed by us, Middlesborough, peterborough, cardiff and they are at home last game of season against Wolves. Bristol City are in freefall same as Boro who like us can't buy a win at the moment. When they play Cardiff who could be promoted by then and it would be a meaningless game for Cardiff. It aint looking good. It is in our own hands but we have to start winning.

Archived