Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Martin O'Neill and Mark Hughes - The top 2 contenders?

Stoke fans have been complaining about how bad the football is and how little progress they've made given the money that has been spent.

They've spent serious money and are still stuck with being unable to win away and the same old hoofball style.

It does seem a bit ungrateful though, they were absolutely nothing before Pulis.

I agree he's a tit but I wouldn't grumble at the results. Typical football fans, always want more. Not everybody can be Man Utd and to be honest; why would you want to be. How dull must it be if any year you don't win the title goes down as a failure. Give me an existence of supporting a rollercoaster of a team any day of the week.

Can see o'neill at stoke next season.

Possibly, but with speculation that Moyes will leave Everton at the end of the season, i think he could well end up there.

Much as i`d love to see O`Neil back here, if there are prem jobs up for grabs, i can`t see him turning one of them down for us at the moment sadly.

I agree he's a tit but I wouldn't grumble at the results. Typical football fans, always want more. Not everybody can be Man Utd and to be honest; why would you want to be. How dull must it be if any year you don't win the title goes down as a failure. Give me an existence of supporting a rollercoaster of a team any day of the week.

One win in 13 games,i think we are entitled to grumble!

Stoke fans have been complaining about how bad the football is and how little progress they've made given the money that has been spent.

They've spent serious money and are still stuck with being unable to win away and the same old hoofball style.

It does seem a bit ungrateful though, they were absolutely nothing before Pulis.

Spent some money, cant win away and play hoof ball?

Sounds familiar.

One win in 13 games,i think we are entitled to grumble!

The comment was about Pulis and Stoke.

I'm a Pearson fan but even I would say missing out on the play-offs would be an underachievement. One that deserves the sack. Still 15pts to aim for though; and the chance to go into the play-offs as the form team. The Brighton performance didn't look too bad.

Gordon strachan left celtic for boro, id imagine it gets quite boring up their. I wouldnt want lennon really though, im not convinced he has proved anything.

Not quite. He quit Celtic after they blew the title then he didn't manage anyone for 5 months before joining Boro. Agree that he might want a challenge outside of Scotland and to be fair, pretty much any manager with half a brain would win the Scottish league with Celtic.

Why? What's Pullis done wrong exactly?

I think I remember reading that he's quitting at the end of the season. Had enough of the fans grumbling against him. Explains their current poor form and drop down the table. Could see Stoke back in the Championship next year, well if there's any justice anyway. Hate Stoke.

Remember when the Mirror was 'usually spot on with Leicester'?

Fvck them. Appalling 'journalism' and absolute constant bullshit. They talk utter nonsense.

The times the Mirror stopped being spot on with Leicester was at the time Mandaric left.....

I wonder who first discovered his ( alleged) irregularities!

" give us info we'll keep quiet" is my guess.

although the chairman of Leicester is hardly a big fish. lol

I'd take Hughes happily, and O Neill as well, but i'm not sure that O Neill is the manager he once was. He has a great legacy with the club and I think that bringing him back could only ruin that legacy. Anyway this is a redundant post at this point and Nigel is still in charge and we should be behind him rather than talking about who his replacement could be. He could still get us into the play offs and promoted and all these threads will look pretty silly if that happens !!

Remember when the Mirror was 'usually spot on with Leicester'?

Fvck them. Appalling 'journalism' and absolute constant bullshit. They talk utter nonsense.

They've been absolutely bang wrong about everything so far this season. They've said Pearson will definitely be sacked after 'game X' about 5 times.

Yes

Lets get a manager that's been sacked for being shit. MON is a legend @ LCFC let's leave it that way.

Don't get my wrong I wouldn't be fully against the idea of MON coming back. I just don't like the idea of his rep being at risk of tarnish if he came back and didn't succeed.

Yes

Lets get a manager that's been sacked for being shit. MON is a legend @ LCFC let's leave it that way.

I wonder if the Blackpool fans were saying the same thing regarding Holloway after his spell here.

One shitty spell in management does not define there quality MON is a top quality manager and is far better than NP.

I wonder if the Blackpool fans were saying the same thing regarding Holloway after his spell here.

One shitty spell in management does not define there quality MON is a top quality manager and is far better than NP.

So isn't that what NP is going through now then??

MoN won't come back anyway, met John Robertson at a function back when the Thais were trying to get him back last time - JR said MoN wouldn't return to Leicester, or any other former clubs, because he didn't want to risk wrecking what he'd built before and he saw going back to clubs as a step backward.

Maybe the Thais could tempt him with the right offer, but I doubt it. They've tried once and got knocked back anyway. As for Mark Hughes? One of the most overrated managers in the country after 'Arry 'the crook' Redknapp.

be careful what you wish for??

MON is not interested in the job and has refused it on two occasions now!!

if we go with someone else other than pearson they will change the team and there will be costs and we have have to remember the fair play rules (living within your means) which are about to come in and the end of this season!

any team in football which has been successful has had stable staff, if we dont go up this season then maybe next by adding one or two players thats all that is required.

Still hope we do this season!!!!!!!!!!

MON or Hughes would need a budget of millions - would the owners want to splash even more cash ? Would FFP let them?

As long as we are promoted by the 2014-2015 season then it won't be problem with the amount we can spend.

The times the Mirror stopped being spot on with Leicester was at the time Mandaric left.....

I wonder who first discovered his ( alleged) irregularities!

" give us info we'll keep quiet" is my guess.

although the chairman of Leicester is hardly a big fish. lol

I've noticed a lot keep saying that they are and to be honest, the more they post, the more nonsense comes out.

Archived