Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Martin O'Neill and Mark Hughes - The top 2 contenders?

http://www.mirror.co...unners-1815366?

Mark Hughes and Martin O’Neill have emerged as leading contenders to take over at Leicester if Nigel Pearson leaves the club.

Pearson is under pressure after a dismal run of results which has threatened their place in the Championship play-offs.

They are in contention still only because of their impressive form in the first half of the season.

But Pearson’s job has been the subject of speculation for the last two months.

If he goes, then both Hughes and O’Neill will be front-runners.

In demand: Hughes has also been linked with the Leeds job

Getty

Hughes, who has also been linked with replacing Neil Warnock at Leeds, has been out of work since he was sacked by Queens Park Rangers last November.

He is thought to welcome the chance to return to management with an ambitious club and the Foxes are backed by the millions of Thai-based consortium King Power Group, who now have control of the club.

O’Neill made it clear last week that he wants to come back into football. He was sacked by Sunderland eight days ago following the 1-0 home defeat by Manchester United.

He led Leicester to glory twice in the League Cup and into the UEFA Cup, since re-vamped as the Europa League.

It would be an emotional return that would be welcomed by the fans.

According to The Mirror; Pearson was sacked last week, we then wanted Ince to replace him( lol) and now were after the last few managers to be sacked in The Prem . . . . . . Cheap, baseless journalism that makes you question their agenda.

They were also pushing the 'Arry rumours when we stuttered at the start of the campaign.

http://www.mirror.co...unners-1815366?

Mark Hughes and Martin O’Neill have emerged as leading contenders to take over at Leicester if Nigel Pearson leaves the club.

Pearson is under pressure after a dismal run of results which has threatened their place in the Championship play-offs.

They are in contention still only because of their impressive form in the first half of the season.

But Pearson’s job has been the subject of speculation for the last two months.

If he goes, then both Hughes and O’Neill will be front-runners.

In demand: Hughes has also been linked with the Leeds job

Getty

Hughes, who has also been linked with replacing Neil Warnock at Leeds, has been out of work since he was sacked by Queens Park Rangers last November.

He is thought to welcome the chance to return to management with an ambitious club and the Foxes are backed by the millions of Thai-based consortium King Power Group, who now have control of the club.

O’Neill made it clear last week that he wants to come back into football. He was sacked by Sunderland eight days ago following the 1-0 home defeat by Manchester United.

He led Leicester to glory twice in the League Cup and into the UEFA Cup, since re-vamped as the Europa League.

It would be an emotional return that would be welcomed by the fans.

what an excellent way of putting it. if, i swear just less than a week ago they were spouting off about when he was going to be sacked, and ince was replacing him. it's all a right load of bull.

Of course nothing in the papers is true..

Either someone at the club is sounding out potential managers or the Mirror have it in for NP.

Obviously take everything with a pinch of salt but 3 times in a week about potential managers for the City isn't a coincidence that NP's job is on the line?

The mirror have had a shocker with stories related to us & NP in the past week, don't believe a word of it.

John Cross? Chief editor of football

And this guy Steve Stammers are usually spot on the money regarding football news imo

The other journo Darren Lewis isn't the most reliable hence his story being bull about Ince.

John Cross? Chief editor of football

And this guy Steve Stammers are usually spot on the money regarding football news imo

The other journo Darren Lewis isn't the most reliable hence his story being bull about Ince.

Its all bull shít, they throw enough names into the hat and they will be right eventually.

A search for Nigel Pearson on their website brings up these stories:

1 Apr: Pearson set for the sack (John Cross)

3 Apr: Ince emerges as a contender for the job ( Darren Lewis)

6 Apr: O'Neill & Hughes leading contenders (Steve Stammers)

Think they need some better communication within their ranks. They seem very confused about what's going on.

Its all bull shít, they throw enough names into the hat and they will be right eventually.

As far as I recollect only 4 names have been mentioned hardly a million!

Mark Hughes *2

Roy Keane

Martin O'Neill

Paul Ince.

As far as I recollect only 4 names have been mentioned hardly a million!

Mark Hughes *2

Roy Keane

Martin O'Neill

Paul Ince.

I never said a million, and he hasnt even been sacked yet and they've named 4. I rest my case

1) Hardly matters what they get right, will always get linked on here anyway and get the pageviews they are looking for. Think about it!

2) I don't see what someone like John Cross would know about us anyway. Would only ever trust someone like John Percy who at least has some sort of relationship he has to keep up with Midlands football fans via Twitter.

The Mirror tended to be good with City when Mandaric was here for some reason, presumably they had a contact within the club who was employed by Milan's regime. They've been wrong about almost all speculation since and this seems like them saying 2 + 2 = 5.

Leicester out of form - Leicester out of play-offs - Leicester going to sack manager - Leicester going to appoint out-of-work manager - Club legend happens to get the sack - Leicester to appoint O'Neill etc etc.

Even if the reports in the mirror are currently rubbish, the fact remains that if we don`t get promoted, then it is more than likely that Pearson will be sacked, and that O`Neil and Hughes will certainly be managers that the owners will be interested in.

I don`t know why you all getting your knickers in a twist!

I agree that Pearson will get the push if we don't make the play-offs, though I think making them and being defeated in either the semis or final would save him for another summer at least.

A promotion push will have been the expectation and qualification for the play-offs would fall into that category, irrespective of form.

If we fail to reach that, I daresay MON would be among the front-runners due to the fact that he still has property in the East Midlands, has indicated he wants a return to management and his legendary status among us fans which would have some currency with the owners.

As I say though, we'd have to fail to reach the play-offs first. Based on yesterday's result and performance, that might be less likely than it seemed after the Barnsley debacle.

I wouldn't listen to anything in the media, really. They can easily get a manager sacked, just like they destroy famous people.

Not sure what will happen to Nigel to be honest, I'd certainly let him continue as manager even if we don't go up because he is still in the process of putting a good squad together imo... I certainly don't want Hughes here. And I doubt Martin O'Neill will return to a club where he is always a hero/legend. He has said that he isn't a fan of returns (hence he has never managed Nottingham Forest, he is already a hero there).

Plus, like some people say, would you take O'Neill without Robertson? There's the problem, just like Collymore said last week.

yesterday proved Nigel is the manager for us! He's put a quality squad together with more rebuilding to go!

Yesterday showed we certainly have capable players. Whether he is the man who can get consistency and harmony from the squad must still be in question at the moment. Just a quick one. Does anyone think that Nugent has gone off the boil the more his mates have been shipped out on loan? Seems a couple of summers ago the people we signed were obviously friends from before, Nugent, Danns, The Ledge, Peltier etc. They are all else where now.

Archived