Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Martin O'Neill and Mark Hughes - The top 2 contenders?

Yesterday showed we certainly have capable players. Whether he is the man who can get consistency and harmony from the squad must still be in question at the moment. Just a quick one. Does anyone think that Nugent has gone off the boil the more his mates have been shipped out on loan? Seems a couple of summers ago the people we signed were obviously friends from before, Nugent, Danns, The Ledge, Peltier etc. They are all else where now.

I think he has suffered from Wood's arrival. Or rather the change of tactics that as come with it. A big man up front has meant more long ball which doesn't suit Nugent.

I think he has suffered from Wood's arrival. Or rather the change of tactics that as come with it. A big man up front has meant more long ball which doesn't suit Nugent.

Is it me or does Chris Wood currently look really unhappy?

He genuinely doesn't look a patch of the striker he did when we signed him. And he just looks pissed off? I could be reading too much into this of course but I've seen enough football over the years to believe that a player who looks happier is one who usually plays better.

Nugent is possibly the best example of this. When he's 'on his game' he's a chirpy chappy. When he's frustrated with tactics, lack of supply, his own form etc it really shows with Nuge.

Finally, Marshall looks a shadow of the player he was when we signed him. I can't make up my mind whether he's a very good player, but not happy, or just not as good as we all thought he was.

I'd like to see the team looking like they are having more 'fun' when they are playing. Some of the player's demeanours seem to have dipped. Whether that is because there is lots at stake or something else is difficult to tell.

Plus, like some people say, would you take O'Neill without Robertson? There's the problem, just like Collymore said last week.

Not sure I would if I'm honest.

On the other hand, Robertson does apparently still live in the East Midlands. This may be a factor if Top decides to give MON a bell.

I agree that Pearson will get the push if we don't make the play-offs, though I think making them and being defeated in either the semis or final would save him for another summer at least.

A promotion push will have been the expectation and qualification for the play-offs would fall into that category, irrespective of form.

If we fail to reach that, I daresay MON would be among the front-runners due to the fact that he still has property in the East Midlands, has indicated he wants a return to management and his legendary status among us fans which would have some currency with the owners.

As I say though, we'd have to fail to reach the play-offs first. Based on yesterday's result and performance, that might be less likely than it seemed after the Barnsley debacle.

I think he'll go if we don't go up, regardless of reaching the play-offs or not. Even if we did go up, I wouldn't be sure he'd last that long in the Premier League.

It's got a feel, and he's got the look, of a man and manager who is not here long-term.

Even if the reports in the mirror are currently rubbish, the fact remains that if we don`t get promoted, then it is more than likely that Pearson will be sacked, and that O`Neil and Hughes will certainly be managers that the owners will be interested in.

I don`t know why you all getting your knickers in a twist!

His contract ends at the end of the season so he wouldn't be sacked

Barrack Obama has resigned as President of the USA and is taking over as manager of LCFC as from Monday.

Don't believe me?? Well it's as likely as Martin O'Neil coming back.

The best chance we have of making the playoffs is to stick with NP, but he will be gone in the summer, no matter what happens.

Barrack Obama has resigned as President of the USA and is taking over as manager of LCFC as from Monday.

Don't believe me?? Well it's as likely as Martin O'Neil coming back.

The best chance we have of making the playoffs is to stick with NP, but he will be gone in the summer, no matter what happens.

He won't be gone if he delivers promotion.

Is it me or does Chris Wood currently look really unhappy?

He genuinely doesn't look a patch of the striker he did when we signed him. And he just looks pissed off? I could be reading too much into this of course but I've seen enough football over the years to believe that a player who looks happier is one who usually plays better.

Nugent is possibly the best example of this. When he's 'on his game' he's a chirpy chappy. When he's frustrated with tactics, lack of supply, his own form etc it really shows with Nuge.

Finally, Marshall looks a shadow of the player he was when we signed him. I can't make up my mind whether he's a very good player, but not happy, or just not as good as we all thought he was.

I'd like to see the team looking like they are having more 'fun' when they are playing. Some of the player's demeanours seem to have dipped. Whether that is because there is lots at stake or something else is difficult to tell.

Maybe because they haven't won for 2 months?

Just had a few quid on Lennon next manager owners like him he wants to come down here 66/1 at vc bookmakers was a hero down here, will put bums on seats what do you lot think?

Guaranteed league champions for the next couple of seasons & Champions League football too. Why would he leave Celtic?

don't be stupid and sack Pearson unless someone like O'Neil has already signed a contract.

Funny, 90% of the people on here lambasted the owners when they apparently had a meeting with Harry Redknapp during Pearson's previous bad run. Wonder how many of those people would agree with what you've said there now.

Why would O' Neil go to Leicester. There's nothing to prove there. I can't see Hughes dropping a division either. He's already proved he can do a solid job in the Premier League.

The saying goes that these days a manager doesn't sign for a club he signs for a Chairman. If you're a moderately successful manager why would you sign for a chairman with a trigger finger. You have to be a manager who is desperate or has a point to prove to consider it.

I reckon Owen Coyle would be a good fit for you lot.

Guaranteed league champions for the next couple of seasons & Champions League football too. Why would he leave Celtic?

Gordon strachan left celtic for boro, id imagine it gets quite boring up their. I wouldnt want lennon really though, im not convinced he has proved anything.

Archived