Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

I also mixed it up as Sainsburys had 20% off some beers.

Timothy Taylor pale ale

Wychwood ginger beard ( not good)

Fullers wild river

Fullers ESB

Bacchus Framboise

I dont think any of the Fullers i've ever had have let me down.

I've been quite partial to this recently; from the Brains brewery in cardiff

BrainsOrganMorgan.jpg

• 1 month later...

FAO Haydos, I'm currently drinking a Weihenstephaner hefeweizen beer and I saw you mentioned you like wheat beers, this is one of the best in the world and if you see it buy it. 

They sell it in any supermarkets over here?

Someone I know went to France and bought me some Cider, I opened about poured it yesterday and it looked like 'something' was in it, not very nice looking, may have been sediment, but i've drank beer with sediment in it and what I saw in the Cider did not look like sediment, as you can probably guess I tipped it down the drain, i'm not really a fan of Cider anyway, I had a bad experience when I was younger and never really drank Cider since so it doesn't take much to put me off the stuff anyway.

I have another 2 bottles of Cider that they bought me so hoping they might look abit more appealing when I pour them. They are different makes so we'll see.

Been doing CAMRA's Mild in May trail. Went in the Regent Club on Regent Road today. Never knew it was there. Not a bad place. paid membership though. At the end of August there is a special offer of £8 a year instead of £12. They have a snooker table as well so may start playing again. The gaffer said it was quiet and they get no no trouble. Ten minute walk so will give it a go.

A;so had one in the Old Horse.

Yeah I get it from Ocado when I do, it's fantastic. They used to sell it at Tesco but they might have stopped.

Edit: Just clicked on that link £1.59?!!!!!!! Is this real life that needs stocking up on early.

B & M Bargains in Cleveleys near Blackpool.. £0.99p a bottle.  :scarf: I had a few the other night and went back for more, It's lovely.

Wow that's a bargain, it looks pretty good.

Anyway I have just got back from the offie on clarendon park road and got a pretty decent stash of english ipa's and some belgian/german beers.

Yeah I get it from Ocado when I do, it's fantastic. They used to sell it at Tesco but they might have stopped.

Edit: Just clicked on that link £1.59?!!!!!!! Is this real life that needs stocking up on early.

Yeah, just popped down to 'trose and they didn't have any :( Might do an order at some point, just picked up some more Franziskaner/Asahi/brand weissbier and also some Westmalle dubbel trappist. Tried/heard of that last one?

Yeah, just popped down to 'trose and they didn't have any :( Might do an order at some point, just picked up some more Franziskaner/Asahi/brand weissbier and also some Westmalle dubbel trappist. Tried/heard of that last one?

Yeah Westmalle Dubbel is fantastic it is one of the best of the style, their tripel is also amazing (I just got one actually). I got 8 Grimbergen Dubbel from Morrisons as they are getting rid for £1.50 that is ok, but is nowhere near the level of Westmalle. 

Do you prefer darker beers, and have you ever tried a tripel?

Yeah Westmalle Dubbel is fantastic it is one of the best of the style, their tripel is also amazing (I just got one actually). I got 8 Grimbergen Dubbel from Morrisons as they are getting rid for £1.50 that is ok, but is nowhere near the level of Westmalle. 

Do you prefer darker beers, and have you ever tried a tripel?

I've not really tried many tbh, I'm liking weissbier at the mo, anything a bit wheaty. Going to start trying more darker ones. We had an afternoon in a pub called The Belgian Monk in Norwich a while back and I tried some nice dark beers there including the Rocheforts. I don't think I've tried a triplel, nope.

I've not really tried many tbh, I'm liking weissbier at the mo, anything a bit wheaty. Going to start trying more darker ones. We had an afternoon in a pub called The Belgian Monk in Norwich a while back and I tried some nice dark beers there including the Rocheforts. I don't think I've tried a triplel, nope.

I think you will like tripels as they are yeasty and sweet and have similar flavours to wheat beers but more subtle. They are basically light blond versions of the dubbels, so if you like the Westmalle Dubbel you should seek out their tripel so you can compare. Where did you get the beer from if you are in Sheffield?

I'll see what I can find. The Waitrose on Eccy road has Westmalle but didn't have the stuff you recommended. Just finished the bottle of dubbel, really good but only 330ml and I only got the one. Will defo be picking up some more soon.

That is very random that Waitrose stock Westmalle, how much was it? There are some great places for Belgian beer in Sheffield like Dev Cat and Old House, wish I was still up there.

About £1.80 a bottle. I do enjoy the old house, not been down to the dev cat that much though. Should really hit Kelham Island. The Tap at the station is really nice as well.

You moved back to Leicester now? I couldn't go back to Leicester after here tbh, too much good beer, music and people.

About £1.80 a bottle. I do enjoy the old house, not been down to the dev cat that much though. Should really hit Kelham Island. The Tap at the station is really nice as well.

You moved back to Leicester now? I couldn't go back to Leicester after here tbh, too much good beer, music and people.

£1.80 is a great price I have only seen it at double that price.

Yeah I have moved back now and it's nowhere near as good as Sheffield, although when I was there I wasn't as in to craft beer so didn't take advantage of all the options.

\Mild-t-shirt.png?template=generic

For anyone who likes mild if you do the trail that is listed in the Leicester Drinker you can have a chance of getting a free T Shirt.

I have 17/27 so far Three more tomorrow. Then I may get about three more. The difficult ones will be Winstanley Arms Stamford Arms The Chandlers Arms and The Western. So not too bad.

Archived