Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

Been on the mad cat ( or something ) brewery stuff recently after getting talking to a chap who had a stall at an event locally and he sorted me out with quite a few. Got a wheat beer from Canterbury left. Glad I gave it a miss last night since that will deserve attention!

The cat or whatever stuff was good. Ill have to research and find out exactly what it was.

I have a voucher for a free gallon of ale from there. It was when CAMRA had their Mild in May Trail promotion. It was one of the raffle prizes. Might get over on the Friday but I won't drink 8 pints on my own in one session. Free pint for anyone that can make it.

I have a voucher for a free gallon of ale from there. It was when CAMRA had their Mild in May Trail promotion. It was one of the raffle prizes. Might get over on the Friday but I won't drink 8 pints on my own in one session. Free pint for anyone that can make it.

I'll be down there on the Saturday before and after our game as it's my local.

Very nice pub, even though the landlord is a big Forest fan.

• 2 weeks later...

Belgrave is the only ones out of those I've been to. Split my time between Whitlocks when I'm in town and Brudenell social when I'm at home, alright in there if you can look beyond all the edgey fxckers asking you for a key.

Stone roses bar at night, even if a bit expensive.

Friends of Ham is a cracker: Charcuterie and pub rolled into one.

Anyway: http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/11414116.Records__beer_and_ham_on_offer_at_new_city_shop_bid/ - record store, pub and deli combined? Damn I'm looking forward to that.

I was at the Great British Beer Festival, Kensington Olympia last week.

Bolt Thrower by Timothy Taylor won the best in show category and was a really nice caramelly Ale, went down very well.

Axolotl was also quite a nice Ale from Salamander, I head a fairly average one from Everards, can't remember the name and another one a called the Trooper brewed by Iron Maiden, I would love to say it rocked, but it was again a fairly standard ale. By that point I was a little pissed so decided to try the funky flavoured beers, Chilli, Cherry, Honey, and a nice chocolatey Stout.

I also saw Ade Edmondson and his Folk band do punk covers which was pretty interesting.

I volunteered there for a cople of years and the old place. Did you see any of the orange staff. Every now and then they raise a hand and someone rushes out with a brush and shovel then sprinkles cat litter about.

I was part of that Tango Team/

The Black Horse Fest was OK. Managed to get through the 9 bitters on over two days. Even tried a chilli cider Interesting

• 2 months later...

Bought some Dark Star Espresso Coffee Beer, not really sure what i'm going to make of it, kinda think it's gonna be quite rough but I was curious as to what it'd be like so bought a bottle to give it a go, i'll report back.

Also bought a bottle of Belvoir Old Dalby, a strong ale, looks interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

Before I went out today I grabbed a handful of pump clips to put in an album. Found out one was from Cottage brewery Old Speckled Ken. Forgot I had got that one.The other one in the series I have is Our Ken..

At the Kings Head they have 5 new brews on in the last couple of days all decent..

I like the ale and shit but it all that CAMRA man stuff goes against the image I have carefully cultivated for myself over the years. You can't really prop up a smoky, foreign bar with any authority drinking a pint of Badger's Slippery Cvnt.

Hi fin, what's your fave beer?

Funny you should ask, I could devour a Kwak right now. What is your favourite beer, since you're desperate for someone to answer?

While we're on the subject, I went to Belgium a beer free man. I've always hated our generic lagers. I was a coider drinker and a whiskey man and I came back predictably converted.

I like mostly blonde, sweet beers, fairly high in volume (a consequence of the above prerequisites, I'm lead to understand.)

I've still got much to learn, as a beer novice, however. My next trip is to Bavaria next month, Rothenburg. Any tips on what I should expect, sample and look out for?

Archived