Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

Having read the last couple of pages I decided to see if I could buy La Chouffle over here, it's $12.99 a bottle, plus shipping. That's about 50 cents/cl which is about the same price as champagne.

Is it that good?

It's delicious and prob my fave beer but that does seem steep. Where are you?

It's delicious and prob my fave beer but that does seem steep. Where are you?

About 20 miles south of Boston, MA. There's a store nearby in Mansfield that sell Belgian beer but not that one. If I can get a list, perhaps you can guide me in the right direction?

cries for me to answer, doesn't respond to well structured and informative answer. Says it all.

Sorry, have only just had time to sit and have a read. Thanks, I'll have a look when we get out there.

Finnegg and his una obsession disconcert me

Awww, what's wrong, don't you want to share him with the rest of the forum? Bless you.  :kissing:

About 20 miles south of Boston, MA. There's a store nearby in Mansfield that sell Belgian beer but not that one. If I can get a list, perhaps you can guide me in the right direction?

Yeah sure just let me know I will let you know any good alternatives.

Having read the last couple of pages I decided to see if I could buy La Chouffle over here, it's $12.99 a bottle, plus shipping. That's about 50 cents/cl which is about the same price as champagne.

Is it that good?

Are you looking at the 33cl bottles then I take it?  If it was one of the 75cl bad boys I'd say definitely go for it, otherwise I don't think any beer is worth that price! I'd look for Duvel: It's a fairly common beer so should be relatively decently priced and it's also gorgeous. Has a marvellously hoppy undertone in the same way that Chouffe does too.

Are you looking at the 33cl bottles then I take it?  If it was one of the 75cl bad boys I'd say definitely go for it, otherwise I don't think any beer is worth that price! I'd look for Duvel: It's a fairly common beer so should be relatively decently priced and it's also gorgeous. Has a marvellously hoppy undertone in the same way that Chouffe does too.

They are 24.5 fl oz, when I read that last night I thought I read 25cl. So yes they are about 75cl. So not so bad as I thought. I'll check out the Duvel. Thanks for the advice.

Any of u lads like chimay or is that too mainstream

Love it, Chimay blue is world class, their tripel (white) is amazing too, don't think too much of chimay red though.

Tremendous beer. May well be my new beer of choice

Yeah well if you see delirium tremens, la chouffe, st bernardus tripel, tripel karmiliet anywhere then you will love them. They are usually available at the pub on new walk, queen of bradgate and taps.

they've opened a brewdog in liverpool last week am i right in thinking i should definitely go and get drunk there pretty sharpish? 

also well done getting this thread to the top of the page with the hottest celebs and the chebs thread, these are what the people want, ale and boobies, not arguments about dead people and politics am i right i am right 

they've opened a brewdog in liverpool last week am i right in thinking i should definitely go and get drunk there pretty sharpish? 

also well done getting this thread to the top of the page with the hottest celebs and the chebs thread, these are what the people want, ale and boobies, not arguments about dead people and politics am i right i am right 

I think Brewdog is pretty expensive for what it actually is, I've never had a drink in one that's made me feel the extortionate price was justifiable but that's just my o and this post is imo.

Thornbridge - Jaipur. Lovely stuff if not already mentioned.

Also my other favourites are

Fullers - Bengal Lancer and there ESB.

Adnams - Ghost Ship

Brewdog - Punk IPA

Love Fuller's ESB. Great beer.

Yeah definitely go, I don't like brewdog beers that much but they have guest drafts from breweries all over the world there which are good. If you see Weihenstephan on tap get it.

i've got loads of money price is just a number when you live the high life like me (more than £3 a pint and i'm OUT quicker than duncan bannatyne (unless it's a special occasion))

i'll go one day and see, it looks pretty ****ing hipster and everyone likes that occasionally 

One of the plus sides to the Brewdog gaffs is they do have old games consoles so if you fancy SSX3 or Micro Machines you get it. I've been to the ones in Notts and Leeds and whilst they're nice places that I'd never dismiss visiting, I definitely wouldn't go out of my way to go in one because I'm just not that keen on what they offer and I ****ing love craft beer and the like.

Scouse, you'll be lucky to get a half for under £3 let alone anything else - think their cheapest is Dead Pony Club (I could be wrong) and that's usually the best part of £4.

Brewdog bars are expensive. Only been a few times. Mainly just get a large bottle of Punk IPA from Sainsburys (they seem the only place that do the large bottles).

Have any of you had Adnams Ghost Ship? If not get to know . . . .

I love my ales and forgot a mention of Timothy Taylor Landlord and Fullers Honey dew

Archived