Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

• 2 months later...

In Whitlocks the other day up here with my old man, we tried a chocolate ale, can't remember who it was made by or what it was called but it was fantastic. Totally justified spending 4 quid on and I told myself I'd never spend over 3.50 for a pint.

Any Adnams is my usual drop, keen on the Guinness special export at the minute as well...does anybody else find draught Guinness disappointing? Much prefer original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Leeds? I'd guess at saltaire triple chocoholic - ****ing lovely beer that one. Saltaire are lovely. However, I have to go to salamander brewery for a beer night next Friday on business, so they're better

That was it yeah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitelocks is the business! Friends of Ham, the Belgrave and the White Swan favourite Leeds bars for me when I was at uni. Tapped is class as well.

Belgrave is the only ones out of those I've been to. Split my time between Whitlocks when I'm in town and Brudenell social when I'm at home, alright in there if you can look beyond all the edgey fxckers asking you for a key.

Stone roses bar at night, even if a bit expensive.

Had a Fursty Ferret last night.  I know it's not mega exciting over there since it's available all over the country, but it's easily one of the best mass-produced ales and being out of the country it's somewhat difficult to find any decent ales.  

That is until the shop I work at started stocking it as the result of a conversation between my supervisor and me.  :thumbup:

Archived