Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

Brewdog in Notts is a nice atmosphere. I suppose it depends what else is available to you. In Liverpool, I imagine a lot.

It'd be nice to have one in Leicester. Firebug, for example, has awful selection.

yeah they've smacked it in the middle of the good part of town, so i reckon i'll visit for the novelty and if it's legit great beers and a sound place we'll stay, if not bail to a cheaper place etc. i've got a mate in uni in sheffield and he's the one championing it because he loves the one over there. 

One of the plus sides to the Brewdog gaffs is they do have old games consoles so if you fancy SSX3 or Micro Machines you get it. I've been to the ones in Notts and Leeds and whilst they're nice places that I'd never dismiss visiting, I definitely wouldn't go out of my way to go in one because I'm just not that keen on what they offer and I ****ing love craft beer and the like.

Scouse, you'll be lucky to get a half for under £3 let alone anything else - think their cheapest is Dead Pony Club (I could be wrong) and that's usually the best part of £4.

yeah i know, gonna have to save up for this one :D like i said think we'll have to go cos it's new, if it's not much fun there's shit loads of decent independant bars round where they've put it so happy days. 

Ghost ship is very tasty, I prefer Broadside though. 

how much beer do you drink? you know every beer that's ever been mentioned in this thread and more, you seem like a great guy 

how much beer do you drink? you know every beer that's ever been mentioned in this thread and more, you seem like a great guy 

I drink different beers at the weekend. Know most of the ales available in supermarkets but there is a whole new world of uk craft breweries which I am learning about. It's never ending, but someone's gotta do the research  :chant: 

I drink different beers at the weekend. Know most of the ales available in supermarkets but there is a whole new world of uk craft breweries which I am learning about. It's never ending, but someone's gotta do the research  :chant: 

yeh i guess you're just taking one for the team well done 

Oh my goodness that looks like my ideal place. Oh wow they sell Schneider Weisse too, wow fantastic. All veggie though? That's a downer, shame.

The food there is still unreal man, I went in and had one of those £4 bhajis and I was overcome with joy (and sadness that I'd paid £4 for a bhaji, but mainly joy).

How much was it? You had it before?

3 bottles for a fiver instead of 3 bottles for 6 quid. not even a particularly good offer but i was out of beers and it's bloody pay day tomorrow so i wanted something more decent than a san mig or something. 

yeah not for a while though but this thread made me want some the other day and there it was with the big facking yellow on offer sign so went for it. 

Legendes Geants Ducassis 250ml
Maredsous Abbaye Triple 10%
Duvel Golden Ale 8.5%
Brasserie D'Achouffe Mc Chouffe
Brasserie D'Achouffe Houblon Chouffe 
Brasserie D'Achouffe La Chouffe
Prearis IPA 7.7%
Dochter vd Korenaar Embrasse 9% 
Lindemans Goudenband 375ml 8%
Dupont Moinette 8.5%
De Ranke XX BITTER 6% 
De Ranke Guldenberg 8%

Just got given these as a present to be split between 4 of us, can someone who knows beers please tell me which are the best three? (definitely gunna have the La Chouffe (with intent))

Great decision making there Scouse.  :thumbup:

Legendes Geants Ducassis 250ml
Maredsous Abbaye Triple 10%
Duvel Golden Ale 8.5%
Brasserie D'Achouffe Mc Chouffe
Brasserie D'Achouffe Houblon Chouffe 
Brasserie D'Achouffe La Chouffe
Prearis IPA 7.7%
Dochter vd Korenaar Embrasse 9% 
Lindemans Goudenband 375ml 8%
Dupont Moinette 8.5%
De Ranke XX BITTER 6% 
De Ranke Guldenberg 8%

Just got given these as a present to be split between 4 of us, can someone who knows beers please tell me which are the best three? (definitely gunna have the La Chouffe (with intent))

I've only tried 5 of those (#'s 2-6 on your list), so I'll be vaguely proportionate and suggest 2: Maredsous and Houblon Chouffe.  Though you should definitely also try Duvel and La Chouffe at some point, they are generally easier to find, so get in on some rarer brews while you can.  Houblon Chouffe is also arguably the best Chouffe so there's that too.

yeah i do most my shopping in asda but i went tesco by work today and there was a few interesting looking ales, most on offer too. might go back after work on friday and see what else is knocking about and report back. anything i should definitely buy if it's there and bottled up? 

PS: At this time of year all the breweries start releasing their winter batches, which are usually spiced and more potent variations on the original recipe, perfect drinking for this time of year.  keep an eye out for things like N'Ice Chouffe, Bush Noel, but you don't need to be too picky, even the Leffe one's good, so basically look for anything with Christmassy images on the label.

Archived