Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJMadness29

Post Match - Birmingham 2-2...Let it begin...

I was too fùcked off to post last night and I'm definitely still too fúcked off to read 18 pages so this may have all already been covered. Just a few points.

If Jeff Schlupp can play for United so can I.

Danny Drinkwater has somehow turned into a young, even worse version of Richie Wellens.

Chris Wood isn't a winger.

Harry Kane isn't a footballer.

Nigel Pearson just doesn't understand the idea of the substitution. Still. For the 42nd game this season he hasn't got the hang of it. You are allowed (and I'd argue you should) to make a substitution to stop it all going wrong and hold onto the lead, rather than wait for the lead to be taken away and make a substitution to try and get it back. Why has he never done this? At 1-0 last night, the first 15 minutes of the second half were woeful. The players, fans and manager were just waiting for Birmingham to score. They got more and more possession, we got deeper, we had nothing sticking up top. Even the most casual of football "fans" would probably have thought "hold up, if Leicester don't change something here they are obviously going to concede". Did we change anything? Did we fùck. Did we concede? You fúcking bet we did. Same shit, different week.

As for Nugent, just completely lost his head for 10 seconds trying too hard and made a daft mistake. It happens. It was shocking and made me want to cry, but it happens.

I was too fùcked off to post last night and I'm definitely still too fúcked off to read 18 pages so this may have all already been covered. Just a few points.

If Jeff Schlupp can play for United so can I.

Danny Drinkwater has somehow turned into a young, even worse version of Richie Wellens.

Chris Wood isn't a winger.

Harry Kane isn't a footballer.

Nigel Pearson just doesn't understand the idea of the substitution. Still. For the 42nd game this season he hasn't got the hang of it. You are allowed (and I'd argue you should) to make a substitution to stop it all going wrong and hold onto the lead, rather than wait for the lead to be taken away and make a substitution to try and get it back. Why has he never done this? At 1-0 last night, the first 15 minutes of the second half were woeful. The players, fans and manager were just waiting for Birmingham to score. They got more and more possession, we got deeper, we had nothing sticking up top. Even the most casual of football "fans" would probably have thought "hold up, if Leicester don't change something here they are obviously going to concede". Did we change anything? Did we fùck. Did we concede? You fúcking bet we did. Same shit, different week.

As for Nugent, just completely lost his head for 10 seconds trying too hard and made a daft mistake. It happens. It was shocking and made me want to cry, but it happens.

Pretty much agree with everything you've said here +1

Absolutely gutted, totally thrown away a win after a much-improved, more spirited display than we've had for weeks. We had enough chances to win the game, we created more chances than in the previous three home matches put together, and yet we gifted them a way back into it through utter stupidity. You don't turn back towards goal- look at Drinkwater v Charlton, tried to be clever and it cost us. There was no reason for Nugent to do that, the hard work had been done in clearing the area, but, like Vardy against Middlesbrough, the pressure told, only this time Kasper couldn't save us.

But let's look at some positives. Our corners were so much better. Created two goals and could've had more. Wood was in the game and his first touch was a world away from recent games. King was always involved and should've had a couple of assists by setting up Schlupp with neat through balls. James' corners were consistently good- I don't remember one drifting harmlessly to the keeper. We broke quickly at times and looked a threat going forward.

Unfortunately, there were negatives too. Schlupp should've buried the great chances he was given. We gave away a soft first goal. Drinkwater continues to go backwards with his passing. The penalty shouldn't have been an issue- if we'd taken our chances we'd have been out of sight. We didn't even sit back- Konchesky was in their box towards the end, and bringing Dyer on gave us some good pace out wide.

It's two points thrown away and probably our top six hopes with it. If we'd played like that however in any of the eight matches since our last win we'd be in a comfortable place, which makes it even more infuriating.

Absolutely gutted, totally thrown away a win after a much-improved, more spirited display than we've had for weeks. We had enough chances to win the game, we created more chances than in the previous three home matches put together, and yet we gifted them a way back into it through utter stupidity. You don't turn back towards goal- look at Drinkwater v Charlton, tried to be clever and it cost us. There was no reason for Nugent to do that, the hard work had been done in clearing the area, but, like Vardy against Middlesbrough, the pressure told, only this time Kasper couldn't save us.

But let's look at some positives. Our corners were so much better. Created two goals and could've had more. Wood was in the game and his first touch was a world away from recent games. King was always involved and should've had a couple of assists by setting up Schlupp with neat through balls. James' corners were consistently good- I don't remember one drifting harmlessly to the keeper. We broke quickly at times and looked a threat going forward.

Unfortunately, there were negatives too. Schlupp should've buried the great chances he was given. We gave away a soft first goal. Drinkwater continues to go backwards with his passing. The penalty shouldn't have been an issue- if we'd taken our chances we'd have been out of sight. We didn't even sit back- Konchesky was in their box towards the end, and bringing Dyer on gave us some good pace out wide.

It's two points thrown away and probably our top six hopes with it. If we'd played like that however in any of the eight matches since our last win we'd be in a comfortable place, which makes it even more infuriating.

Good post...

:thumbup:

lol I can't believe the amount of people that are so gutted, disappointed and that it seems like the penny is finally dropping that we won't be making the playoffs, I had all these feelings and accepted defeat a good 5 or 6 games ago and have just been laughing and not bothered because tbh I gave up like it seems the team did 5 or 6 games ago.

I claimed it was realism others claimed it was pessimism, make of that what you will.

Agree with this.

Nugent has been great for us, but I really can't comprehend what the fvck happened there. If somebody in my Sunday League team had done that I'd be staggered, so for a really solid professional footballer to do it was incomprehensible.

Even more so for Nuge who in my opinion as as close to the consumate pro that we will get at Leicester these days.

It was so rediculously out of character that i just cant hold it against him. Especially not when you consider he is one player who has never given up trying.

I doubt even HE can explain what he was doing.

lol I can't believe the amount of people that are so gutted, disappointed and that it seems like the penny is finally dropping that we won't be making the playoffs, I had all these feelings and accepted defeat a good 5 or 6 games ago and have just been laughing and not bothered because tbh I gave up like it seems the team did 5 or 6 games ago.

I claimed it was realism others claimed it was pessimism, make of that what you will.

I still want the team to win, even if we have been on a bad run.

Yes, we might not get in the play-offs, but I would rather leave the ground with a win.

Good for you.

Sort it out. Although with 4 games left and Pearson spouting "it's in our hands" even before the game, when clearly it wasn't since we're relying on results elsewhere, shows he's lost it.

Not that it matters but it was in our hands prior to last night because of the fixtures against Bolton and Forest.

Ludicrously, it is mathematically still in our hands after today's results.

I don't appreciate it when fans take pleasure in the team doing badly just so they claim they were right all along - I'm sure you aren't happy overall but comments like "just been laughing" "not bothered" and " lol" do irritate me somewhat.

Haven't bothered reading the whole thread to see if anybody else has given an opinion on this (because most of what's written is rubbish) but to me it's a disgrace that we drew due to a last minute penalty and our crowd booed the players off. We are just outside the play offs on a dreadful run of form and badly need the players to gain confidence so they can get back to where they were playing wise two months ago. Instead of supporting them we heap more pressure on them. Well done. Not sure exactly what anybody thinks that is going to do for the team's performance.

Archived