Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Isn't it about time for another Vardy thread?

I only ask because some genius said this way back when

av-9348.jpg?_r=0 Posted by fleckneymike on 22 August 2012 - 10:19 AM in Leicester City Forum

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

He has commendable work rate and ethic but he is very very very very raw.

I honestly can't see him weighing in with more than 5 or so league goals due to his poor close control.

Hopefully they'll work on his touch and timing in training.

Was a bad signing for what he cost, and was a big leap for him, not good enough for us, offload in the summer.

Worse than that I didn't get any rep points. I was effectively accused of heresy.

Now he's been overtaken in the goals column by the antichrist. In less games too.

Maybe Pearson needs to try a formation that might accommodate Vardy l me have we tried three upfront with him?

I mean we could have a 3-4-3 formation on tuesday

Kasper

Moore

Morgan

Keane

Knockeart

King

James

Schlupp

Wood

Vardy

Nugent

Bench-

Logan

De Laet

Konchesky

Drinkwater

Marshall

Kane

Dyer

I only ask because some genius said this way back when

av-9348.jpg?_r=0 Posted by fleckneymike on 22 August 2012 - 10:19 AM in Leicester City Forum

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

He has commendable work rate and ethic but he is very very very very raw.

I honestly can't see him weighing in with more than 5 or so league goals due to his poor close control.

Hopefully they'll work on his touch and timing in training.

lol

Nowt like bigging yourself up Mike

Are you on the wind-up?

lol

It doesn`t seem to have been commented on elsewhere, but i`m amazed he is making the bench ahead of Waghorn in recent games.

Waghorn hasn`t pulled any trees up i know, but i think he offers more than Vardy when he`s on the pitch.

Another baffling Pearson decision for me.

It doesn`t seem to have been commented on elsewhere, but i`m amazed he is making the bench ahead of Waghorn in recent games.

Waghorn hasn`t pulled any trees up i know, but i think he offers more than Vardy when he`s on the pitch.

Another baffling Pearson decision for me.

Spot on...

WHY Kane over either of them?

WHY?

lol

Don't give up on the lad.

O.K., we expected more when he arrived.

Those early season goals against Blackburn,Burnley & Boro' show promise.

The wrongly disallowed goal vBlackburn showed class.

There are a number of former non league players who have stepped up.

Alan Smith took time to adapt from Alvechurch.

We persisted and supported a good player and it paid off

Charlie Austin went to Burnley via Swindon(?),took time to adapt to both moves.

Next season, I hope he is relieved of no.9,but allowed a run in the side.

A few goals, renewed confidence,....who knows?

Don't give up on the lad.

O.K., we expected more when he arrived.

Those early season goals against Blackburn,Burnley & Boro' show promise.

The wrongly disallowed goal vBlackburn showed class.

There are a number of former non league players who have stepped up.

Alan Smith took time to adapt from Alvechurch.

We persisted and supported a good player and it paid off

Charlie Austin went to Burnley via Swindon(?),took time to adapt to both moves.

Next season, I hope he is relieved of no.9,but allowed a run in the side.

A few goals, renewed confidence,....who knows?

Alan Smith scored 13 in his first season. Austin played just 4 times in his first season for Burnley. The one after he cracked in 16. At Swindon in his first 11 starts he scored 10. If you were trying to make Vardy look 'ok' you couldn't have chosen two worse comparisons.

Well, since we're blowing our own trumpets, I might as well have a go myself.

I bring to you this thread, which i made before the season started: http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/82866-so-here-we-are/

I didnt get everything right, but...

"Luckily kasper has stayed" - damn right, player of the season

"We've had a reshuffle at the back. No major signings. This is one area in which I have faith in NP to get the balance about right" - best defence in the league, so yep

"We've added nothing worthy of note to the midfield. Last season we were overran time and again and there was no creativity from the midfield. In some games they might as well not even have turned up. Pearson stuck to his poorly performing favourites and will do so again this year. This will cost the club a shot at promotion and eventually Pearson his job." - we did add some creativity and flair with Knocky, but even he has gone off the boil and our midfield being overran time and again is exactly what has happened and it has indeed cost us a shot at promotion and probably will cost Pearson his job.

"With such poor service from midfield none of strikers will score more than 12 goals." Nugent proved me wrong with 14. Still a fairly poor total for a top scorer for a club with promotion ambitions.

"Vardy will flop" - enough said.

"NP will be given time by our owners who will be keen to show that they realise the need for patience." - yep

"But with us in 14th in late Jan they'll make the change" - fair play, took a bit longer for us to fail than i thought it would

"then we'll all start talking about how the new manager needs a pre-season, and thus the cycle of failure continues" - to be continued

I got lambasted of course, by pretty much everyone, and the thread even got closed. But I think I was pretty much on the money. Infact if it wasn't for the surprising brilliance of Knocky earlier in the season i reckon i'd have been spot on.

I bring to you this thread, which i made before the season started: http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/82866-so-here-we-are/

"We've had a reshuffle at the back. No major signings. This is one area in which I have faith in NP to get the balance about right" - best defence in the league, so yep

"We've added nothing worthy of note to the midfield. Last season we were overran time and again and there was no creativity from the midfield. In some games they might as well not even have turned up. Pearson stuck to his poorly performing favourites and will do so again this year. This will cost the club a shot at promotion and eventually Pearson his job." - we did add some creativity and flair with Knocky, but even he has gone off the boil and our midfield being overran time and again is exactly what has happened and it has indeed cost us a shot at promotion and probably will cost Pearson his job.

"With such poor service from midfield none of strikers will score more than 12 goals." Nugent proved me wrong with 14. Still a fairly poor total for a top scorer for a club with promotion ambitions.

"NP will be given time by our owners who will be keen to show that they realise the need for patience." - yep

"But with us in 14th in late Jan they'll make the change" - fair play, took a bit longer for us to fail than i thought it would

"then we'll all start talking about how the new manager needs a pre-season, and thus the cycle of failure continues" - to be continued

I got lambasted of course, by pretty much everyone, and the thread even got closed. But I think I was pretty much on the money. Infact if it wasn't for the surprising brilliance of Knocky earlier in the season i reckon i'd have been spot on.

What's more interesting is some of the responses you got..

:whistle:

lol

A lot of stuff right but way way off on position.

Alan Smith scored 13 in his first season. Austin played just 4 times in his first season for Burnley. The one after he cracked in 16. At Swindon in his first 11 starts he scored 10. If you were trying to make Vardy look 'ok' you couldn't have chosen two worse comparisons.

Didn't AS play all but a handful of games that first season?

My recollection is that he scored very few in early season,

he took time to develop an understanding with team mates,

he became an effective foil for Lineker and his 13 goals were over 40(?)games.

Maybe there was not the demand for instant success 30 years ago.

Archived