Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Ref

Agree. Let things flow. Not sure about the penalty, a friend who had an excellent view of it said there was contact but their player played for it.

I was a couple of minutes late, got in to the ground just as N'Gog slotted it in (saw it on the TV in the concourse) so I missed the actual tackle. But the blokes I sit with reckoned it was a stonewall penalty even if their player did make a meal of it.

End of the day, Dyer also played for his penalty and leapt to the ground like an amateur dramatist but it was still technically a foul and has to be given.

Got both penalty decisions spot on.

I have to admit, i thought the ref could have penalised wood a lot tonight. I have seen decisions go against him for far less.

The ref let a HUGE amount go in both directions. Yes he let the game go but so many blatant fouls were just ignored!!

The ref let a HUGE amount go in both directions. Yes he let the game go but so many blatant fouls were just ignored!!

But he was consistent....

He let the same sort of fouls go.

He didn't blow everytime wood got physical with dawson, or when N'gog got physical with Keane.

Both penalties were very similar, and he gave the same call.

He let it go when Knocky went flying in with two feet (when nowhere near the player), and did the same with the Korean.

Blatant fouls can be ignored, as long as they are ignored consistently, and for both sides.

I'm sure this ref always gives a penality against us at the KP, he's done a couple of Millwall visits and given them penalties.

I think it was either both had to be given or neither, but he did let the game flow more than some we've had.

Stringer (and numerous match reports) say that we escaped a penalty shout in the final minutes of stoppage time, the former at the time saying De Laet got away with a blatant handball.

Surprised no one else mentioned it in this thread...

I think he should of booked Yong-Lee in the second half for a dive, either free kick to them or a dive and yellow card. Can't grumble for a change, he was quite generous with Wood, also, Wes's challenge on N'gog or lack of challenge... It looked like Wes was a bit elbow happy?? Think N'gog has dislocated his shoulder.

I think he should of booked Yong-Lee in the second half for a dive, either free kick to them or a dive and yellow card. Can't grumble for a change, he was quite generous with Wood, also, Wes's challenge on N'gog or lack of challenge... It looked like Wes was a bit elbow happy?? Think N'gog has dislocated his shoulder.

Why does everyone in football have the attitude of....'either it is a dive or a free kick'.

It is possible to trip over your own leg, but believe that you was brought down.

But i do agree with the Wood/Dawson and N'gog/Morgan battles, he let a lot go, but was consistent and that is all you can ask.

Thought Freedman was a **** though, trying to claim our players were putting in stamps etc... Does he not know our team is usually made up of 11 puffs?

Stringer (and numerous match reports) say that we escaped a penalty shout in the final minutes of stoppage time, the former at the time saying De Laet got away with a blatant handball.

Surprised no one else mentioned it in this thread...

Probably because the decisions went our way and we won it was good refereeing

Archived