Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark_w

Wes in trouble?

Failing a roadside test means nothing, it's what happens in the station that counts. Falling asleep behind the wheel is dangerous but unfortunately very common. We've all got behind the wheel with some portion of alcohol inside us, whether it be absolutely bladdered or slightly hungover from the previous night. I won't believe anyone who says otherwise. Christ 1000s of people do it every Sunday morning on their way to Sunday League. I'm not saying its clever or good, but it happens and people trying to pretend otherwise are fooling no one.

i agree , it seems odd that at a crucial stage in 2 seasons , captain and mainstay central defender Wes Brown was virtually crucified for saying he'd vote for BNP , but there seems to be a huge sigh of relief that captain and mainstay central defender Wes Morgan has got away with drink driving .

strange old world ! :)

Wes Brown voted BNP? Doubt it...

Is your moral high ground higher than theirs?

No but I readily accept/admit that I have done and do get behind the wheel whilst probably over the limit, the next day. Sometimes on massive benders on a Friday night, it's still possible to be over the limit on the Sunday morning. I won't believe anyone on here has never done that. He hasn't killed anyone. Yes it's bloody dangerous if you're hanging, but if you have a pint on the way home from work and then drive, are you really a ****? Are you fcuk. (I know this wasn't the case with Wes but the one pint in my example would probably take you to the same amount of alcohol level as he had when tested)

Exactly. You'd just get chauffeured around a bit. No great shakes

I was half (sorry no pun meant) expecting this from someone!!

lol

Whenever I see the words 'half cast' I think John Agard.

No but I readily accept/admit that I have done and do get behind the wheel whilst probably over the limit, the next day. Sometimes on massive benders on a Friday night, it's still possible to be over the limit on the Sunday morning. I won't believe anyone on here has never done that. He hasn't killed anyone. Yes it's bloody dangerous if you're hanging, but if you have a pint on the way home from work and then drive, are you really a ****? Are you fcuk. (I know this wasn't the case with Wes but the one pint in my example would probably take you to the same amount of alcohol level as he had when tested)

I find your refusal to believe that anyone here has never driven over the limit to be rather strange. A lot if people take the responsibility of driving very seriously and are aware of the dangers.

I don't think 1 pint would put you over the limit. Seems he had more than that equivalent but obviously we don't know the details. If he knew he was driving back why have a drink at all? Not killing someone doesn't all of a sudden make it ok, only has to happen once.

Given you process approx 1 unit an hour that's a pretty massive bender you're having on the Friday to still be over on Sunday.

I find your ignorance quite disgusting. My dads best friend was killed by a drunk driver. If I ever have a drink, no matter how much I have, I leave the car and catch a cab.

Alcohol and cars do not mix.

Archived