Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark_w

Wes in trouble?

Why all the criticism before he is found guilty?

Reading the article is very misleading, Some quotes from the article..........................

Peter Quinn, prosecuting, said a breath test at the scene revealed Morgan was over the drink-drive limit.

Phillip Lucas

said there was no evidence of him driving while unfit through drink, that the proper procedure for interview was not followed, and that Morgan was interviewed in between a breath test and a blood test.

Sergeant Dan Skoraczewski "I could smell alcohol on him," he told the court.

"It was only weak. It was noticeable but it wasn't overpowering. He appeared fine.

"He appeared normal."

Why was he interviewed between a breath test and blood test? surely normal procedure is to do interviews the next day when sober. (or have I been watching too many T.V programmes?)

no mention of the breath test at the Police Station

I don't drink, and if he was drunk behind the wheel he deserves everything the law throws at him but I will wait until the court delivers a verdict, hopefully they will have the full facts.

Guest MattP

Wow.

Amazing the difference in people's attitudes towards drink driving when it's a footballer they like involved.

• 2 months later...

Leicester City captain Wes Morgan has been fined £2,000 for careless driving after he “dozed off” at the wheel of his BMW and crashed after not sleeping for almost 24 hours.

Morgan was found guilty today at Nottingham Magistrates’ Court.

1. ​5036686.jpg

Leicester City captain Wes Morgan pictured outside court at an earlier hearing

District Judge Morris Cooper ruled there was no case to answer on a second charge Morgan denied of driving whilst unfit through drink.

Morgan (29), a father-of-two, of Brooklands Drive, Gedling, had a trial in April on both charges and returned to court today for the remainder of the evidence to be heard.

But the second part of the trial did not resume after his defence lawyer, Phillip Lucas, put forward a succession of legal arguments on the driving whilst unfit, winning his lengthy submission there was no case to answer.

The prosecution claimed Morgan told police he dozed off at the wheel and when he woke up was “swerving on the road” and “had a collision with himself”.

That night he had drunk brandy and coke, been to an awards function and a club, before returning to his home in Gedling, his trial previously heard.

The accident happened on the A46 in Bingham, on a bridge over the A52, in the early hours of May 1 last year, the court heard.

Mr Lucas said there was an accident but no damage was caused to other vehicles or property.

“The likely cause of this is the defendant nodded off briefly, went briefly onto the grass, and over corrected and lost control.

“He was tired but he did not feel sleep was overtaking him until it did and that was, unfortunately, the time when the accident occurred.

“He is a respectable, hardworking person.”

As well as the fine, Morgan will pay a £15 victim surcharge and court costs. He will have five penalty points added to six points he already has on his licence for speeding.

£15 surcharge and court costs. He must be reeling from that. 

I'd imagine the court costs are on top of the victim surcharge (and not quoted) rather than the total of them both being £15 lol

I'd imagine the court costs are on top of the victim surcharge (and not quoted) rather than the total of them both being £15 lol

Even so, can't be that much really! Even the £2k fine seems minor.

Guest MattP

Not good, seriously dangerous thing to happen and you expect better from a captain of a professional sports club.

Hope he has learnt his lesson.

Archived