Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark_w

Wes in trouble?

Peter Quinn, prosecuting, said a breath test at the scene revealed Morgan was over the drink-drive limit.

Breath tests and blood specimens taken are not being used as evidence, he said.

"We say, if he was demonstrably unfit he shouldn't have been interviewed without assessment for fitness for interview," said Mr Lucas.

i really don't understand how he got away with this ?

omg , how can we condone that ? i hate drink drivers , they are killers and he was very nearly a killer .he could of hit anything , he was lucky . he has also not held his hands up . im sorry , an absolute disgrace . go ask a family that has been affected by a dd ! my opinion of him has completely changed . arsehole at the very least .

Hate it too. What more confuses me with footballers is they have enough money to get a taxi or someone else to drive them back if they want a drink no problems.

Afraid my opinion of Wes has been tainted.

I think you're right.

When you're earning what these guys earn there's no excuse/reason to have to drive.

If the cab costs him 100 quid? So what?

Not that money should come into it. Just don't do it.

Unless he's sleeping in the changing rooms why not?

He sleeps where he wants!

I don't maybe he's got a massive hangover. Just worries me, that one game without Wes is enough to make you panic at the thought of him not playing. We need him.

Love you Wes. :wub:

(realising that was all a lot of senseless panicking by me, sorry you had to put up with such silliness :blush:)

The story says he fell asleep at the wheel on 1 May.......so last year. He will have got himself a decent solicitor & that is probably why it has taken this long to get to court. Worst case scenario, I doubt his punishment will be anymore than a decent ban & fine. He will more than likely get away with it.

Not a lot to worry about for someone in his position. The club will sort out any travel requirements & he can more than afford a taxi. Not like the majority of us, who rely on a car to look after our family & do our jobs.

To be fair, it sounds to me like he was barely over the limit, otherwise I imagine they probably would have thrown the book at him. Not that it excuses him, you should always play it safe and never drive after a drink

If the evidence was deemed inadmissible then i don't see how it could make any difference how far over the limit he was .

This fookin stinks , our legal system is designed to have these loopholes for the rich to abuse .

he failed a roadside breath test ffs . i love lcfc but i cant dilute this , he was drunk and crashed his car and got away with it . come on , theyll be fans on here affected by dd's , they are killers !

i agree , it seems odd that at a crucial stage in 2 seasons , captain and mainstay central defender Wes Brown was virtually crucified for saying he'd vote for BNP , but there seems to be a huge sigh of relief that captain and mainstay central defender Wes Morgan has got away with drink driving .

strange old world ! :)

Archived