Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark_w

Wes in trouble?

Sums up the complete lack of class we depressingly have come to expect of the modern footballer. Back in the good old days lampposts and buxom wenches with names like Tina would have figured strongly, but not in this poor effort. Hang your head in shame Morgan. AMF.

So he wasn't drink driving after all. He was just knackered after a hard day being an absolute tank. Fair play.

Oh, that's alright then! As long as the poor fella was just a bit sleepy 😴rather than tipsy, that's fine!

Looks like our Wes should've popped himself up the wooden hill to Bedforshire a bit earlier!

As has been alluded to already, I'll continue to support him as a player, but he needs to show genuine remorse before my faith in him as a role model is restored. Perhaps a voluntary stint with a road safety charity wouldn't go amiss?

Oh, that's alright then! As long as the poor fella was just a bit sleepy 😴rather than tipsy, that's fine!

Looks like our Wes should've popped himself up the wooden hill to Bedforshire a bit earlier!

As has been alluded to already, I'll continue to support him as a player, but he needs to show genuine remorse before my faith in him as a role model is restored. Perhaps a voluntary stint with a road safety charity wouldn't go amiss?

I'd imagine he won't give a shìt about being your role model, and why should he?

At which point did I refer to him as MY role model?

There's plenty of reasons why he should 'give a shit'. The fact that he's club captain and therefore has a high profile within the club and wider community should serve as evidence of his 'roke model' status for kids across the county and further afield?

I'm not suggesting the guy is morally bankrupt, merely that perhaps if he made a public display of his remorse it would go some way to illustrating his regret and desire to prevent others from making the same mistake.

At which point did I refer to him as MY role model?

There's plenty of reasons why he should 'give a shit'. The fact that he's club captain and therefore has a high profile within the club and wider community should serve as evidence of his 'roke model' status for kids across the county and further afield?

I'm not suggesting the guy is morally bankrupt, merely that perhaps if he made a public display of his remorse it would go some way to illustrating his regret and desire to prevent others from making the same mistake.

He fell asleep at the wheel, hardly crime of the century. If kids look up to players as role models then their parents just aren't doing their jobs right.

He fell asleep at the wheel, hardly crime of the century. If kids look up to players as role models then their parents just aren't doing their jobs right.

The words 'defending the indefensible' come to mind. I guarantee you'd be slaughtering him if it was a Forest player.

Guest MattP

Completely disagree with the first part, completely agree with the second.

Guest MattP

He's no Clarke Carlisle.

Judging by his last performance on Question Time if he's the most intelligent the PFA can put up we have a big problem.

I was having a chat with Alan Smith a few weeks ago and he is very bright, we were talking about how thick the average player was and he started telling me what an absolute nightmare it used to be when they went out to these tours to China and America etc.

Said he used to sit there doing crosswords and reading for two weeks just to get away from his team mates, only thing he shared in common with them was he could kick a football as well. Said David Rocastle was unbelievable, he though China was near Norwich.

Archived