Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Kasper to Swansea?

Get rid asp . Sorry but I have not seen any improvement in his kicking since he has been here. I have lost count of the amount of time he gives the ball away and he certainly is NOT premiership standard.

Wouldn't it be better, and cheaper, to work on his distribution improvement rather than just get rid of him because of it?

Pearson and his henchmen have had 18 months to work on it.. Why is it still happening?

His distribution may not be perfect but he is still better than any other we have had recently. His other qualities more than make up for his distribution, its not worth selling him based on distribution. Also what happens if we can't persuade a good keeper to join and end up using logan till january.

The lad deserves his time in the big leagues, he has served his apprenticeship and has been a wonderful servant for our football club. I would have loved to see him grace the Premier League with us but he has outgrown us now. Indeed he is the only player we have that I feel that wouldn't look out of place there.

Wouldn't it be better, and cheaper, to work on his distribution improvement rather than just get rid of him because of it?

Hes had all season to do that and it has not improved one iota, that means he is not capable of getting any better at it.

Hes had all season to do that and it has not improved one iota, that means he is not capable of getting any better at it.

Completely wrong all his distribution is posetive and constructive. Ask any pro and they will say his distribution is very good an one of his main wepons. He needs strikers that are alert to this and take chances when it comes. He can create chances from his distribution. Would you rather have a keeper that just kicks it up field? I would personally rather have someone who tries to be creative with his distribution and make the oppersition have to make decisions rather that spmeone who doesnt.

He is a liner

Look back at the number of goals we have conceded from corners and free kicks where the ball was between the penalty spot and the 6 yard box

No where near dominate enough of this area to make it at a higher level

The rest of his game is good enough for higher level so someone might take a punt and see with some decent coaching if they can improve this area

Hopefully not because at Championship level he is top drawer

Schmeichel has been our player of the season by a country mile. People criticise his distribution but I think it's very good, sometimes he's just a bit over ambitious, a bit like Stevie Gerard is with his passing. Also, city players have a tendency to pass it back to him when the team are under a lot of pressure and he is literally left with no choice but to clear it anywhere. There's an over reliance on him in this situation that we don't see from other teams on their goalies who've visited king power. It's probably due to too many of our players not taking responsibility and taking the safe option. Step forward Andy king for example...

He is a liner

Look back at the number of goals we have conceded from corners and free kicks where the ball was between the penalty spot and the 6 yard box

No where near dominate enough of this area to make it at a higher level

The rest of his game is good enough for higher level so someone might take a punt and see with some decent coaching if they can improve this area

Hopefully not because at Championship level he is top drawer

That line says it all.

It is the reason he will never quite make it as a top keeper.

We can not defend corners or set pieces and Schmeichel is one of the main reasons for this.

Archived