Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Kasper to Swansea?

Like many of our players Schmeichel is pretty decent, but flawed. As Babs points out, he can be weak and indecisive in the air and with Morgan and Keane/Whitbread/SSL in front of him, the trio have completely failed to dominate our area.

A lot on here seem to like him because he is so vocal, to be honest I really don't see that. He may shout a lot but that is mainly after the event, once the mistakes have been made, I don't see him talking and commanding his area at all. Given our defensive frailties from set pieces I think that is important.

If a good offer comes in from the likes of Swansea, I would take it.

I like Schmical but he's not Premiership quality imo at this moment in time, but hopefully would improve with age and better coaching. Good shot stopper, flaps at corners and doesn't command his area, and apart from the odd inspired throw out, his overall distribution is very poor imo. That latter is something that I would have thought could have been addressed by our coaching staff by now.

I like Schmical but he's not Premiership quality imo at this moment in time, but hopefully would improve with age and better coaching. Good shot stopper, flaps at corners and doesn't command his area, and apart from the odd inspired throw out, his overall distribution is very poor imo. That latter is something that I would have thought could have been addressed by our coaching staff by now.

I imagine that will be one of the first things Swansea look for, Kasper's distribution can be excellent and when he takes his time he can pick out a pass. He's just obsessed with the quick lump it routine which has probably never actually led to anything.

I imagine that will be one of the first things Swansea look for, Kasper's distribution can be excellent and when he takes his time he can pick out a pass. He's just obsessed with the quick lump it routine which has probably never actually led to anything.

I think your right, his dad was a master of distribution at MU and could create havoc with his long accurate throws. Harnessed well Caspar could be the same in the future. At the moment he can be a bit impetuous as you say.

If the offer is good enough, then I wouldn't be to bothered if he went. Decent goalkeeper at this level, but loads of aspects he could improve on.

Then we go get Steele from Barnsley for half the profit.

To my mind Schmeichel suffers from the same issues as a fair number of other players at City, the lack of effective coaching.

I have no idea what goes on in training but have any aspects of Schmeichel's game improved in his time with us?

I'm struggling to think of any, his distribution remains inconsistent and, if anything, I think he is less commanding in the box than he was pre NFP. Like so many of our players he simply has not developed under the current regime and like Knockaert, Marshall, Nugent etc, he may even be 'going backwards'.

Doubt he would leave unless he was given 100% guarantee that he is the number 1 and will start games. He went to Notts County 1) for the money and 2) because he was desperate to play and has said before he will play at any standard as long as he starts games.

I'd be disappointed if he left but not surprised. If an offer from a Premier League club came in for him, and we don't go up, then we shouldn't get in his way when it comes to playing Premier League football. He can be replaced.

To my mind Schmeichel suffers from the same issues as a fair number of other players at City, the lack of effective coaching.

I have no idea what goes on in training but have any aspects of Schmeichel's game improved in his time with us?

I'm struggling to think of any, his distribution remains inconsistent and, if anything, I think he is less commanding in the box than he was pre NFP. Like so many of our players he simply has not developed under the current regime and like Knockaert, Marshall, Nugent etc, he may even be 'going backwards'.

He's been 'Stowelled'

When was the last time we had a goalie that improved the longer he was with us?

Anyone who wants to get rid of Kasper is a tool, first decent keeper we have had in a long time. He doesn't produce 10/10 performances every week and makes occasional errors, which is not good enough for our impatient disabled fans makes him 'shite'. Ig he goes, we'll get an 'up-and-coming' keeper who everyone will come over for a couple of games before he makes an error, and then everyone will cry and wish Kasper was back. I for one really hope he doesnt go.

Would be upset if we lost Kasper. Was mightily impressed with him when he was at Notts Country, was delighted when we signed him and think he's been great here. I can't remember the last time Kasper did something ludicrously bad in goal ala Weale. Hes definitely Premiership class though and i couldn't blame him if he decided to go to Swansea and play first team football there.

He wouldn't be a massive loss IMO.

You say that now but when we have Logan in goal you will soon change your mind!

Kasper is a massive player for us and certainly has helped us gained a lot of points during his time with us.

My mates a footy scout and he was at palace on Saturday to watch Kasper for Sam Alladyce. I like kasper, but view him as a good shot stopper, and not necessarily a great all round keeper. He doesn't command his area that well, makes poor decisions at times and his distribution is inconsistent. I know he gets the crowd going, and he seems to have a buzz about him but he's not irreplaceable by any means. I'd love him to stay, but would sell at the right price.

He's been 'Stowelled'

When was the last time we had a goalie that improved the longer he was with us?

I hesitate to point the finger at individuals when we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, but this has happened to other players, not just our keeper.

Nugent, Marshall, King and now Knockaert all seem to be going backwards and it is costing us. To be fair Schlupp and Moore have come on well this season but I do find myself asking if this is despite our management rather than because of it.

Anyone who wants to get rid of Kasper is a tool, first decent keeper we have had in a long time. He doesn't produce 10/10 performances every week and makes occasional errors, which is not good enough for our impatient disabled fans makes him 'shite'. Ig he goes, we'll get an 'up-and-coming' keeper who everyone will come over for a couple of games before he makes an error, and then everyone will cry and wish Kasper was back. I for one really hope he doesnt go.

Not sure if we are 'tools', I just don't think he'd be a massive loss... As I said, if we could get £2.5-£3million for him, then Steele (at Barnsley) is equally as good imo and we could pick him up for half of that.

Archived