Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Kasper to Swansea?

Actually quite surprised by some people's opinions of Kasper on here. Think he's got us right of the shit quite a few times this season

Same.

There's a reason why we have had the best defence in the league for the majority of the season. Kasper is one of those reasons. The amount of crucial saves, and some spectacular ones at that, he has made is why he has barely ever come under any criticism. For example the save to keep out James' header from going in at Palace at the weekend was bloody brilliant.

I hesitate to point the finger at individuals when we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, but this has happened to other players, not just our keeper.

Nugent, Marshall, King and now Knockaert all seem to be going backwards and it is costing us. To be fair Schlupp and Moore have come on well this season but I do find myself asking if this is despite our management rather than because of it.

Certainly agree with your last paragraph but Stowell has been at the club for years now and every goalkeeper appears to have gone backwards.

.. But like every player, he has also made some errors. Some near post goals he conceded (such as Brighton), the passing around that went wrong and led to Barnsley's goal at home etc..

I mean, look, every player in the World makes errors. If they didn't then we'd have a player made up of Cruyff, Best and Pele.

Who will be buying these players in the year FFP kicks on? The only teams being able to buy them would be relegated teams pretty much. Nobody in the prem will want them.

FFP wont mean that absolutely no clubs will be buying players outside of the relegated 3... there will be 3 pretty decent clubs after that sort of caliber player who didnt get out of the play offs... that's 6 from the champ and i wouldn't be surprised if some of the promoted sides sniff around the likes of knocky, Wes and Kasper....

I think prices will drop as well. Teams will want to offload players on the cheap to generate income for their own signings again because of FFP... Even if this doesnt include us if we dont lower our prices this could potentially leave us with a group of players who will sit out their contracts and leave for nothing - something i dont imagine the Thais would allow... Instead we COULD be left with a collection of players who have handed in transfer requests and dont want to be here....

There will still be plenty of vultures flying around.....

FFP wont mean that absolutely no clubs will be buying players outside of the relegated 3... there will be 3 pretty decent clubs after that sort of caliber player who didnt get out of the play offs... that's 6 from the champ and i wouldn't be surprised if some of the promoted sides sniff around the likes of knocky, Wes and Kasper....

I think prices will drop as well. Teams will want to offload players on the cheap to generate income for their own signings again because of FFP... Even if this doesnt include us if we dont lower our prices this could potentially leave us with a group of players who will sit out their contracts and leave for nothing - something i dont imagine the Thais would allow... Instead we COULD be left with a collection of players who have handed in transfer requests and dont want to be here....

There will still be plenty of vultures flying around.....

It's not just the transfer fees it's their wages that will be the problem, will they want to take a cut, I doubt it.

It's not just the transfer fees it's their wages that will be the problem, will they want to take a cut, I doubt it.

I see your point completely... That really does happen alot.

I do think clubs CAN have a way of making a player feel unwanted... And the likes of who i Mentioned, Kasper, Wes and Knocky dont seem like the sort of players who would want to sit in the reserves picking up a decent wage.. They would want to play...

Gallagher and Wellens however....

IMO kasker is decent but gets over excited when we need a calm presence and is basically about 6 inches too small .Not his fault his dad should have married a taller girl

6ft 7 Kalac , 5ft 10 Poole , I know which one was the better keeper for us .

In this years U11s sunday league division 1 , the smallest keeper in the league has conceeded the fewest , a big keeper is not always the better keeper

I do think clubs CAN have a way of making a player feel unwanted... And the likes of who i Mentioned, Kasper, Wes and Knocky dont seem like the sort of players who would want to sit in the reserves picking up a decent wage.. They would want to play...

Think that's slightly unfair. Wellens has been getting back to match fitness, been on the bench a couple of times and went to Ipswich to play games. Gallagher has been on the bench here and there, and if I recall correctly, went to Sheffield United to play.

Both are squad players, and both play/sit on the bench when asked. No moaning involved and I don't see them as just 'picking up wages in the reserves'.

I can't see us putting those types of players in the reserves in order to try and force them out, until they leave we wont be able to afford replacements so whilst they're still on our books we're going to play them surely. Besides their transfer value would collapse if they weren't playing.

If we want to move players on, especially those signed by Sven it's all down to them taking a cut or us paying them off unless it's a PL team.

I would be surprised he he went for two reasons, he is probably already on premiership wages and whilst be a decent keeper in the Championship he would be severely tested in the premiership, oh and the third reason , he is not six foot seven tall

The **** does that have to do with anything?

When watching some of the dodgy goals that go in on the FL show, you have to say Kasper is probably in the top 3 keepers in this league (after Jason Steele and David Marshall), but if we get an offer and he wants to leave to play first team Premier League football, why should we stop him?

Think that's slightly unfair. Wellens has been getting back to match fitness, been on the bench a couple of times and went to Ipswich to play games. Gallagher has been on the bench here and there, and if I recall correctly, went to Sheffield United to play.

Both are squad players, and both play/sit on the bench when asked. No moaning involved and I don't see them as just 'picking up wages in the reserves'.

I can't see us putting those types of players in the reserves in order to try and force them out, until they leave we wont be able to afford replacements so whilst they're still on our books we're going to play them surely. Besides their transfer value would collapse if they weren't playing.

If we want to move players on, especially those signed by Sven it's all down to them taking a cut or us paying them off unless it's a PL team.

Think you both misunderstood my point a little - unless of course i didnt explain it properly.. :D

If , Because of FFP coming into play because we didnt get promoted... If it was decided to get rid/ we dont want certain players then we could manage it.

The players i mentioned would me more likely to be in demand by other clubs..

Other players may be less willing to do so as they are a little nearer the end of their career and might be less able to do so. If you can only get another couple of years contract somewhere else .. why take a pay cut for that? they would want to secure their families future...

I didnt mean to imply that Wellens and Gallagher had been anything less comitted to Leicester. Only that they might not be able to accept a huge contract in what could possibly be their final contract...

When watching some of the dodgy goals that go in on the FL show, you have to say Kasper is probably in the top 3 keepers in this league (after Jason Steele and David Marshall), but if we get an offer and he wants to leave to play first team Premier League football, why should we stop him?

Personally think Kasper is joint number one with Marshall and Steele in second place.

Think you both misunderstood my point a little - unless of course i didnt explain it properly.. :D

If , Because of FFP coming into play because we didnt get promoted... If it was decided to get rid/ we dont want certain players then we could manage it.

The players i mentioned would me more likely to be in demand by other clubs..

Other players may be less willing to do so as they are a little nearer the end of their career and might be less able to do so. If you can only get another couple of years contract somewhere else .. why take a pay cut for that? they would want to secure their families future...

I didnt mean to imply that Wellens and Gallagher had been anything less comitted to Leicester. Only that they might not be able to accept a huge contract in what could possibly be their final contract...

I think I understood I just don't think PL teams will be looking at the likes of Konchesky, Beckford, Danns, Nugent or Morgan and Championship teams wont want to pay the wages we're paying any more than we would given the choice. Barring them taking a cut, why would they to go to another Championship team or a PL team coming in for them I think we're stuck with them until their contracts expire. If we then want to keep them and they want to stay they'll have to accept reduced terms.

I couldn't see Kasper being anything but a reserve keeper in the Prem, good in this league but I can't help think he's not dominant in the air enough for the prem.

Bullshit.

David de Gea is the number one keeper for the best side in the league. Look at him.

I think I understood I just don't think PL teams will be looking at the likes of Konchesky, Beckford, Danns, Nugent or Morgan and Championship teams wont want to pay the wages we're paying any more than we would given the choice. Barring them taking a cut, why would they to go to another Championship team or a PL team coming in for them I think we're stuck with them until their contracts expire. If we then want to keep them and they want to stay they'll have to accept reduced terms.

errr.. lol I didnt actually mention or talk about the players you just quoted ( other than Morgan)? I was talking about the players who would be in demand if we didnt go up- Knocky and kasper and yes. and mentioned they would be easy to move on. Morgan would definitely be in demand... He's consistently been our best player this season.

And then those who would be too old to want to take a huge pay cut.

Are you actually looking for an argument or something?

errr.. lol I didnt actually mention or talk about the players you just quoted ( other than Morgan)? I was talking about the players who would be in demand if we didnt go up- Knocky and kasper and yes. and mentioned they would be easy to move on. Morgan would definitely be in demand... He's consistently been our best player this season.

And then those who would be too old to want to take a huge pay cut.

Are you actually looking for an argument or something?

No.

I just added the others to show the extent of our problem. I don't think we have any players bar maybe Kasper that a PL team would be interested in, not even a 29 year old Morgan, Besides getting rid of just Kasper and Morgan is not going to solves our FFP problems.

Maybe we are talking cross purposes if so I apologise.

Archived