Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frankie Z

Penalty Takers.

To be honest since all our players are bottlers i've no idea who should take them. Just hope we don't end up in a shoot out with Palace who practice penalties in every league game.

As we saw in Cardiff, you can guess all you like but when it comes to it, after 120 it's completely down to who feels up to it. Hence why we saw Bruno and Solano (I think) step up.

My worry is that with such an inexperienced side, who'd be willing to step up?

And maybe someone should tweet Knockaert a video of kermo so he knows what not to do

Terrified Knocky will do a Kermo. i think someone in the squad should make him aware of that match.

Having said that I'd fancy him assuming he takes it seriously.I'm not confident in Wood or Nugent's bottle. Marshall can take them but he's been too out of form for me to have confidence in him.

Gally, if he's on the pitch, should take the first one. Dyer, no thanks. Kane? hmmm not sure. Hope Konchesky isn't playing but he may be a good taker. I'd fancy James, Drinky could be decent as well. I was surprised King didn't take one at Cardiff, he'd be high on my list. I can see Schlupp taking one.

Anyway, I think it would be:

1. Wood

2. Knocky

3. King

4. James

5. Schlupp

Assuming they're all on the pitch. Nugent won't want to take one. Like I said if Gally's on I'd expect him to take one. He'd probably be brought on with that in mind actually.

Bloody hope it doesn't go to pens though.

You'd have Schlupp, a kid, taking the most important penalty? The pressure completely ruined Waghorn last time. Need an experienced man on number 5. 

It doesnt matter who your best 5 penalty takers would be, it all comes down to which players are confident enough to put their names forward. In my opinion our top 5 takers would be:

Gally

Wood

Nugent

Marshall

Konchesky

You'd have Schlupp, a kid, taking the most important penalty? The pressure completely ruined Waghorn last time. Need an experienced man on number 5. 

That's not my choice that's who I think will take them. I wouldn't fancy Wood to take one either - Gally would take the first in an ideal world.

The thought of them isn't making me want to shit myself at the moment like it usually does. Not sure how I'd feel if it came to it though, in the semis or even more so in the final. Would still back Kasper to win it for us tho. 

Archived