Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frankie Z

Penalty Takers.

I was thinking about this yesterday...

Wood has taken penalties in the league so you'd imagine he would be one of the five.

I remember Knockaert wanting to take one earlier in the season and trying to keep the ball from the assigned taker so surely he would be another.

Nugent took and scored one but that was the first of his career. Whether he'd step up in the shoot-out remains to be seen.

Marshall has taken one so if he was on the pitch he might well be a taker.

If we have a sub left then bringing Gallagher on is a great shout.

Outside of those five you're probably struggling a little so you'd be looking to those who are technically good, such as King and James (did King take one in Cardiff?)

The biggest positive for us in any shoot-out would have to be Schmeichel though, you'd be very confident of him stopping one or two!

We could actually be alright with Kasper in goal in a peno shootout. Remember being very surprised with the order of takers vs cardiff

Also, I've never seen England/Leicester win in an important penalty shootout in my life.

In all seriousness if we were looking at getting towards a shootout we'd bring Gally on. 

And once he's on I'd say Gally, Wood, Knocky (which could be disasterous but I think he'd want one), James and Konch (just). If Nuge wanted to have one I'd let him, but he's only ever taken one penalty and that was when we beat Ipswich 6-0. I'd be terrified for all of them bar Gallagher. 

In Cardiff I think I only had 2 of the 5 right though. Was not expecting Kermo, Solano or Brunooo to have one. So we'll see. I'm sure Nige knows. 

Marshal? on what basis? he seems to lack confidence atm, i would bring Gallagher on before the shootout.

Wood

Gallagher

King

James

Nugent

Decent technique though and doesn't strike me as the sort of player that would be nervous to take one

Archived