Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frankie Z

Penalty Takers.

Lloyd Dyer running up to take a penalty would be comfortably the scariest moment of my Leicester supporting career so far. Not necessarily because I think he'd mess it up, more because if I could choose one person I really, really wouldn't want to mess it up, it'd be him. 

Also, I've never seen England/Leicester win in an important penalty shootout in my life.

This. This is why we need new tactics.

Place the ball, and as they walk away for the run up, they get their knobs out, and then take the peno.

The keeper won't stand a chance.

Lloyd Dyer running up to take a penalty would be comfortably the scariest moment of my Leicester supporting career so far. Not necessarily because I think he'd mess it up, more because if I could choose one person I really, really wouldn't want to mess it up, it'd be him. 

just cried laughing, knowing Loyd he would end up producing a perfect delivery of the bar to one of our players, typical

Everyone remember the last French player to take a crucial penalty for us? Let us hope that Nigel shows him a quick video as to what the repercussions were. Knockaert is a sublime little player and I wouldn't want his time cut short here due to fan crucifixion; he has a lot of developing yet to do.

Spot the ball, hit it true (be that an accurate side footer or a more sacrificial blast) and hope for the best. If it fails to nestle into the net, at least it was taken in an orthodox manner.

I suppose this applies to all our penalty takers. However, intuition drives me to focus on our Tony due to his previous passionate petulance, enthusiastic eccentricity and young age.

I would love nothing more than to see the game put to bed before such a scenario arises but if it does, I remain forever hopeful that our boys will see the game off professionally. Knockaert's goal yesterday will forever remain on a pedestal.

just cried laughing, knowing Loyd he would end up producing a perfect delivery of the bar to one of our players, typical

I can already see him slipping and kicking it with his left foot into his right foot and looping it over the bar. I think he'd cry for weeks. 

Kasper woould save some for sure. Would feel more confident than previous shootouts with Weale (for us) or David James for England. 

jesus i totally forgot gally's little penalty routine.

I would love it if Lloyd got picked to take one and took a 100mph run up from the halfway line. surely that would scare the shit out of any keeper and he could just gently roll it through his legs.

jesus i totally forgot gally's little penalty routine.

I would love it if Lloyd got picked to take one and took a 100mph run up from the halfway line. surely that would scare the shit out of any keeper and he could just gently roll it through his legs.

I think what would happen would be that Lloyd would sprint at top speed from the opposite goal line all the way to the penalty area, and then proceed to fall over and scuff the ball, which would trickle towards the keeper. However, 2 seconds later, the opponents keeper would be scared shitless by the sound of Lloyd breaking the sound barrier, and would end up letting it through his legs.

Terrified Knocky will do a Kermo. i think someone in the squad should make him aware of that match.

Having said that I'd fancy him assuming he takes it seriously.I'm not confident in Wood or Nugent's bottle. Marshall can take them but he's been too out of form for me to have confidence in him.

Gally, if he's on the pitch, should take the first one. Dyer, no thanks. Kane? hmmm not sure. Hope Konchesky isn't playing but he may be a good taker. I'd fancy James, Drinky could be decent as well. I was surprised King didn't take one at Cardiff, he'd be high on my list. I can see Schlupp taking one.

Anyway, I think it would be:

1. Wood

2. Knocky

3. King

4. James

5. Schlupp

Assuming they're all on the pitch. Nugent won't want to take one. Like I said if Gally's on I'd expect him to take one. He'd probably be brought on with that in mind actually.

Bloody hope it doesn't go to pens though.

Nuge, King, Morgan, Schmeichel, then Gallagher, who has been brought on in the 119th minute just to rifle it into the bottom corner with his trademark back to goal routine to win the playoff final. :chant:

Alternatively, the 5th goes to Drinkwater, Dyer or Waghorn, making us all shit our pants in the build-up... then sending us mental as it rifles home in off the crossbar, a few inches below the usual scenario.

Archived