Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Knockaert

The problem is I'm not sure we do.

Who do you have in mind? Nobody in the team takes them, partly because we never get penalties.

Nugent.

Should of been Nugent, experienced and has taken penalties before.

Wood off, Marshall didn't come on, so it should of been Nugent.

And if he missed, he missed :)

Not fair to blame him at all but with a penalty shoot out only 30 minutes away you'd have thought we'd have a better idea about taking penalties and who is best at it. It was a must-score pen and to miss it so completely reflects badly on the squad as a whole. should've been Nugent, James, King before knocky got anywhere near taking one.

We don't have a penalty taker now we booed Gally out the squad. I think I'd have been most confident with Kingy but he doesn't come across as a set piece of penalty taker. Just reckon he'd have been calm and cool enough to pick out a square of netting right in a corner and find it. But that's life. Knocky grabbed the ball because he's got confidence in himself and he wanted the glory. He probably didn't even think about missing at all, had his name on the back pages already etc. 

why the fvck are people slating Knockaert! did anyone see his reactions after the game? he was the most devastated of them all. you could tell how much it meant to him! so leave him alone, he as someone else said is the reason we were in the play-offs in the first place so dont get on to him! can you amagine how he currently feels? just like every single city fan!

Can people also stop saying 'why did Nugent not take it?' etc. Knockaert obviously wanted it, he took the ball off of King, even though he isn't probably our best penalty taker. It's team before self, as highlighted by Wood at Forest.

Nugent.

Should of been Nugent, experienced and has taken penalties before.

Wood off, Marshall didn't come on, so it should of been Nugent.

And if he missed, he missed :)

Nugent doesn't like taking penalties. He's taken ONE in his entire career.

Knocky wanted it, therefore he should have taken it. You can't have a player taking it who doesn't want it.

Brilliant.

He won the penalty. He stepped up to take it. He dealt with the consequences after the whistle.

Wish I could have been at the front of our fans to hop the barrier and give him a bear hug!

Quality player. People seem to forget it's his first season in the championship! Went missing for some of it but inexperience and the intensity of the league probably didn't help him!

Next year he will be even better, as will the rest of our young squad.

For letting Knockaert take that penalty.

I couldn't see Nugent miss that.

But Knockart wanted to take it. He took the ball off of King.

Dave Nugent doesn't need to take a look at himself. He is the player that scored both of our goals in the play offs.

Two Frenchmen, two penalties two fluffed chances.

Just a think on and reckon on what that missed penalty has actually cost this Club, massive bucks.

Okay, so we would have needed to have won the Final but to miss a penalty and then leave the back door open how professional is that?

Nugent needs to take a long, hard look at himself.

If someone isn't comfortable then they aren't comfortable. You might be right and it's something he should work on but when it comes down to it why is it any more his problem than it is Kings or Dyers?

Seriously, he's been class for us and he's only a young lad. Kermo got the cold shoulder and rightly so, he was average. But Knocky is class and we need to get behind him

Knocky is one of the best players I've ever seen in a City shirt. FFS, he's only a kid: give him time and he will be one of the best ever, and we keep him if we are going to compete next season.

I can't believe people are actually blaming Nugent.

Knockaert wanted to take it. I watched him take the ball from King. There is no difference between what Knockaert did and what Kermorgrant did.

Nugent would probably have missed and then burst in laughter like the laughing policeman. At least Knockaert showed passion even it was a shit penalty.

Truth is our best penalty takers are Gally Wood and Marshall and none of them were on the pitch.

Guest ttfn

If someone isn't comfortable then they aren't comfortable. You might be right and it's something he should work on but when it comes down to it why is it any more his problem than it is Kings or Dyers?

He has 100 league goals and has bed playing professionally for 10 years. He was the senior forward (player even?!) on the pitch for us and should have at least been in the frame to take it. As it was he ran as far away as possible.

It was a poor pen but at least Knockaert had the nuts to take it.

Nugent doesn't like taking penalties so why with that amount of pressure would he step up and take one?

Knocky would have been confident hence the reason he grabbed the ball and in that situation that's what you need someone to step up and take responsibility.

It was a poor penalty but I just hope fans don't turn on him for it. You could see how devastated he was at the end and he'll be feeling worse than anyone else right now.

Guest ttfn

I can't believe people are actually blaming Nugent.

Knockaert wanted to take it. I watched him take the ball from King. There is no difference between what Knockaert did and what Kermorgrant did.

That last sentence is completely ridiculous.

Archived