Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Knockaert

He has 100 league goals and has bed playing professionally for 10 years. He was the senior forward (player even?!) on the pitch for us and should have at least been in the frame to take it. As it was he ran as far away as possible.

It was a poor pen but at least Knockaert had the nuts to take it.

It's a long term thing though isn't it. If it wasn't I'd be more pissed off but we knew the situation coming into this game. 

It stinks of you looking for someone to pin this on. Nuge got us to this position with his goal in the first leg, he got our goal in this game, give him a break.

I can't believe people are actually blaming Nugent.

Knockaert wanted to take it. I watched him take the ball from King. There is no difference between what Knockaert did and what Kermorgrant did.

Just don't.

I'm not for hounding the lad but let's not go too far the other way either. He didn't get us into the play offs. We ended up in the play offs because we bottled a great league position with a series of piss easy fixtures coming up.

I wish people would stop saying that he missed the penalty. He didn't miss, it was SAVED. TWICE. He is a fantastic player for us, played his heart out, his socks off, and gave everything today. You could see how devastated he was at the end. Perhaps the penalty shouldn't have been awarded, and I was surprised that Nugent didn't take it, but I have a lot of respect for Knockaert for stepping up to take it. Pleasepleaseplease let him stay.

Guest ttfn

It's a long term thing though isn't it. If it wasn't I'd be more pissed off but we knew the situation coming into this game.

It stinks of you looking for someone to pin this on. Nuge got us to this position with his goal in the first leg, he got our goal in this game, give him a break.

I'm not trying to pin this on anybody.

I think he needs to take his share of the blame for the last minute's madness. He was good today.

The way we fell apart after the penalty was embarrassing too and never should have been allowed to happen.

You guys still never fail to amaze me! Yes, he missed a penalty that he should have scored and I can't believe the follow up didn't go in.

BUT.

He worked his socks off today and was fantastic. He won the penality in the first place and took the responsibility which clearly nobody else had the balls to do. More importantly to me, he immediately was apologising to the fans and looked absolutely distraught.

Yes, he missed the penalty but he was not the reason we lost today nor was is he the one to blame for not being at Wembley. Football is a team game.

I don't blame any of them for te penalty. We got what we deserved 2nd half, nothing! Can someone

tell me how they get away with all the loan signings? Shat club couldn't sell 14000 tickets! Rant over!

Guest ttfn

Not it's not.

We were a penalty away from Wembley in both situations.

And he's French. You're right, it's exactly the same.

Both weren't good pens.

But Knockaert

A) Won the penalty with a run that beat three players

B) Didn't take it like a cvnt

It's not comparable to Kermogant.

It was a poor penalty, you should never hit it hard and low. I was surprised Knockaert was allowed to take it ahead of King, Nugent or James but you have to admire his guts.

He'll learn from this.

Not it's not.

We were a penalty away from Wembley in both situations.

No we weren't, if Kermorgant had scored we wouldn't have been at Wembley.

And Knockaert didn't try to chip up but lets conveniently forget about that.

Seemed selfish of him to grab the ball for the penalty wanting to be the hero, however, can't blame him, especially when he has been a selfish player all season and we have greatly profited from the way he plays.My knee jerk reaction was to blame him in the heat of the moment, but ultimately he got us there against Forest and played his heart out today for us. Not even comparable to Kermorgant, we need to get behind him on day one of next season if he is still with us and show him that he is one of our own.

Guest ttfn

He shouldn't have taken it.

I think with hindsight we can all agree on that.

But if not him, then who? Perhaps our experienced, ex-England international leading scorer should have put himself in the frame, at the very least?

I can't believe people are actually blaming Nugent.

Knockaert wanted to take it. I watched him take the ball from King. There is no difference between what Knockaert did and what Kermorgrant did.

What?! hahaha ridiculous mate.

I think with hindsight we can all agree on that.

But if not him, then who? Perhaps our experienced, ex-England international leading scorer should have put himself in the frame, at the very least?

How about James or King or Drinkwater, I knew he would miss.

If someone isn't comfortable then they aren't comfortable. You might be right and it's something he should work on but when it comes down to it why is it any more his problem than it is Kings or Dyers?

My reply to that is that we were 30 mins away from a decisive penalty shoot out so we should have had five willing and able peno takers lined up and ready to go.

Won the pen, played with more dynamism than anyone else in a blue shirt today. This lad needs support and I sincerely hope he stays at Leicester for a few years. You could see how upset he was at the end. Liking him with Kermo is unfair in my book, these two players are poles apart in both talent and attitude.

Archived