Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Knockaert

Guest ttfn

This. I genuinely think this is what they were planning for and just self-destruct with the defending ... Reminds me of Brentford v Doncaster this season :rolleyes:

Same referee as well.

I bet he couldn't believe it!

He is a cracking little player, but the only thing that disappointed me was the decision for him to take the penalty, yes it was understandable as he got it, but still we have far better penalty takers than him, he has never taken a penalty for us, and in a pressure cooker game like that, I wouldn't of let him nowhere near the ball.

Some fans will take a while to forgive him, but that's life.

Keep him and he will be a key player for us next season, and that's a fact.

Just depends which way you want to look at things.

He may have felt it was 'his destiny' to take it. Winning goal at Forest, mazy run to earn the pen, I'm not surprised he was pumped and wanting to take the penalty. My only disappointment with him... The rebound, it was there to make amens, Alumina seemed to have given it up - just kick the ball and the keeper into the net with it!

Nevermind, he's a great little player to watch (seemed to be sprinting everywhere throughout the game) and this incident may result in him going on a one man mission to bring us promotion next season (penalties aside).

Anyone giving him a hard time can go do one. He's been the shining light of this season, absolutely class little signing and without him we'd never have come clear to making the playoffs, no doubt about it. He's been the difference for me.

I'm still in shock though, I feel almost empty. Gutted, absolutely gutted.

knocky had a great game today, we got into the play-offs because of him, he won us a penalty and he made a mistake most likely because he was under pressure and because it ment alot to him fair play to him for standing up and taking it

Nugent.

Should of been Nugent, experienced and has taken penalties before.

Wood off, Marshall didn't come on, so it should of been Nugent.

And if he missed, he missed :)

Name the penalty Nugent has taken before. He said himself only a few weeks ago that he wouldn't take one and hasn't ever taken one.

Name the penalty Nugent has taken before. He said himself only a few weeks ago that he wouldn't take one and hasn't ever taken one.

Ipswich at home. That's it though, he's said that he doesn't want to take them and he certainly backed away as far as possible today.

If it wasn'tfor knocky we wouldn't have even been given the chance pity he was the on to **** it up...ps ....it all went downhill when kane came on and dyer off....

I can't believe people are actually blaming Nugent.

Knockaert wanted to take it. I watched him take the ball from King. There is no difference between what Knockaert did and what Kermorgrant did.

If that is the case, it's a bloody shame a tough captain didnt take the ball from him and give it to Nugent, whilst telling Knocky to fook off.

This may well have resulted in two things:

A. Scoring

B. Young Knocky not having the heart ripped out of him.

Poor, poor management and captaincy...

If that is the case, it's a bloody shame a tough captain didnt take the ball from him and give it to Nugent, whilst telling Knocky to fook off.

This may well have resulted in two things:

A. Scoring

B. Young Knocky not having the heart ripped out of him.

Poor, poor management and captaincy...

Nugent's taken one penalty for us, he's hardly an expert where Knocky cannot be trusted.

Just a shame our best penalty taker was nowhere to be seen.

Guest ttfn

I thought he was fantastic today. Ran his little heart out. Just not our day, beaten by the better side.

I think this pretty much sums up my view of the game

All I know is I didn't fancy knockaert to score at all. And it was a dreadful penalty.

James would seem the most composed but has probably never taken a pen in his life. 3 penalty takers we have Marshall, Gallagher and wood and none of them on pitch.

**** knows who'd have taken one in the shootout.

Without Knockeart we would not have been in this situation. His goals, his illusiveness, his damn right cheek gave us a chance in the last couple of games.

I love him more than I ever did. When players give their all for my club and dare to win, dare to take the man on, dare to step up to the mark, I back them.

In hindsight, we needed someone to pull rank and have a calm head. That didn't happen.

What annoys me more is that nobody took the legs of the guy running down the wing. Oh and the subs were awful.

#Don'tSellKnockeart

Without Knockeart we would not have been in this situation. His goals, his illusiveness, his damn right cheek gave us a chance in the last couple of games.

I love him more than I ever did. When players give their all for my club and dare to win, dare to take the man on, dare to step up to the mark, I back them.

In hindsight, we needed someone to pull rank and have a calm head. That didn't happen.

What annoys me more is that nobody took the legs of the guy running down the wing. Oh and the subs were awful.

#Don'tSellKnockeart

That was my thought. King should have taken a booking and taken their guy out, not just let them run past him

That was my thought. King should have taken a booking and taken their guy out, not just let them run past him

Phew. I was worried for a minute that nobody was going to blame King  :rolleyes:

Archived