Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Knockaert

I think with hindsight we can all agree on that.

But if not him, then who? Perhaps our experienced, ex-England international leading scorer should have put himself in the frame, at the very least?

Not sure. Nugent doesn't take penalties does he. I'd probably have nominated Schlupp or King?

But obviously Knockaert wanted it. He took the ball from King.

What?! hahaha ridiculous mate.

Well I'm fed up with 'justice is done'. FFS.

How come Knocky took the pen? Who decided and what role does the Captain play in that decision or the manager for that matter?

Knockaert has a lot to learn and he shouldn't listen to Kermorgant about taking penalties.

The lad needs to man up and pretty fast.

Completely agree! The guys devastated. Shakey just saying on Radio Leicester that at least he had the balls to step up and there were players who wouldn't.

He is the reason we are in the play-offs anyway. He's young and needs a collective arm around him and support, not berating and slating.

My reply to that is that we were 30 mins away from a decisive penalty shoot out so we should have had five willing and able peno takers lined up and ready to go.

We should, yeah, but if Nuge wasn't one of those then that's that.

I'm not agreeing btw, i'm still bemused how a striker can not be a top candidate for a penatly taker but we all knew he wasn't. I don't know why, I just don't think it's something to 'blame' the loss on.

Won the pen, played with more dynamism than anyone else in a blue shirt today. This lad needs support and I sincerely hope he stays at Leicester for a few years. You could see how upset he was at the end. Liking him with Kermo is unfair in my book, these two players are poles apart in both talent and attitude.

Bang on. He will pick himself up and give us some more magic next year.

How come Knocky took the pen? Who decided and what role does the Captain play in that decision or the manager for that matter?

Knockaert has a lot to learn and he shouldn't listen to Kermorgant about taking penalties.

The lad needs to man up and pretty fast.

What the fvck do you know? Seriously?

What the fvck do you know about anything that happened on that pitch today?

Won the pen, played with more dynamism than anyone else in a blue shirt today. This lad needs support and I sincerely hope he stays at Leicester for a few years. You could see how upset he was at the end. Liking him with Kermo is unfair in my book, these two players are poles apart in both talent and attitude.

Well fvcking said, that's basically everything I wanted to get across with a lot less words and a lot less swearing :P

He was always going to miss, it's just one of them things. If someone else had stepped up they might've scored but he wanted it, nobody was gonna stop him. He's got faith in himself but he's missed, it hurts but we'll move on. 

In my eyes, Wes should have stepped in and told him that Nugent would be taking it. Knocky's emotions would have been all over the place and he lacked the composure needed in that situation.

I hope he's here next season and doesnt get hounded out.

"Nugent doesn't take penalties"!! Have I been under the misapprehension that he is a striker?

My God, if I'd have been Captain I'd have given the ball to Kasper. At least the ball would have burst through the net to leave no-one in doubt.

Completely agree! The guys devastated. Shakey just saying on Radio Leicester that at least he had the balls to step up and there were players who wouldn't.

He is the reason we are in the play-offs anyway. He's young and needs a collective arm around him and support, not berating and slating.

He's also a professional footballer, presumably, a career he has chosen.

Missing the penalty won't do him any harm, it'll help him grow as a player, hopefully he'll become more grounded! I've got on his back this season, but he's been a major part of this team and if it wasn't for him we wouldn't be this far.

Not sure. Nugent doesn't take penalties does he. I'd probably have nominated Schlupp or King?

But obviously Knockaert wanted it. He took the ball from King.

Schlupp had a terrible game and is clearly affected badly by nerves in the big games. He's not even a good finisher. He'd have been a far worse choice.

King is the kind of player who might be good at penalties but he's never taken one.

There was no obvious candidate to take it, Knockaert wanted to take it, that was the difference.

Feel sorry for you lot today. Such a cruel way to get knocked out, you couldn't make football up at times.

Knockaert cannot be blamed, he got you in the play offs, he provided the assist for Nugent's in the first leg, he won the penalty and he had the bottle to step up an take it. Unfortunately he missed it and won't be able to live with himself for awhile now. I'd blame the kamikaze defending which allowed Deeney to go up the other end and score.

However, Watford deserved to go up on merit, they finished third and apart from a blip towards the end of the season have been a joy to watch all season. I know it is sickening, but you've got a great team- great to watch at times and I could only dream of Wednesday playing football like you did today.

Look forward to next season now, keep the nucleus of your squad and you'll be challenging again next season i'm positve, and I know deep down your positive aswell. Remember there are much more important things in life than football, as much as today hurts in the scheme of things it means absolutely nothing.

UTO See you next season!

Knocky chin up mate!

Proud of you today, all the team deserves a massive WELL DONE,

Watford do look a very good side, so well done to you!

But I must say, The loanees look very good, The actual real watford owned players are well below par, This does not include Troy Deeney!

He's also a professional footballer, presumably, a career he has chosen.

And as a professional footballer, he's prone to the odd mistake here and there.

Do you still have a job? Do you perform your daily duties faultless? Then I applaud thee, you solitary example.

That penalty miss will do the lad some good, as crazy as it may sound.

He was one of the few towards the end of the game who really put an extra shift in, trying to make something happen.

That his ego got the better of him, it's ok. He's only 21 years old.

He'll have something to chew on for a while now and this humbling experience will make him better, stronger, more professional.

Consider it a personal catharsis.

In my eyes, Wes should have stepped in and told him that Nugent would be taking it. Knocky's emotions would have been all over the place and he lacked the composure needed in that situation.

I hope he's here next season and doesnt get hounded out.

Why do you think Nugent would have nailed it? 

Why do all our fans think they fvcking know best? Do you really want someone who practically ran away as quickly as possible taking the match winning pen?

Schlupp had a terrible game and is clearly affected badly by nerves in the big games. He's not even a good finisher. He'd have been a far worse choice.

King is the kind of player who might be good at penalties but he's never taken one.

There was no obvious candidate to take it, Knockaert wanted to take it, that was the difference.

This /discussion

cannot believe some of this.knocky has been great all year virtually won it on his own but these situations should be planned ,few free kicks early and we didn't seem to have plan.all free kick situations should be planned and that does not mean knocky taking penalties,wouldnt see it in Rugby and we should have had a set plan for any deadball situations today .Nug goal looked well worked out why we have not got the professionalism to sort out these things is beyond me.No problems with knocky but he should not have been anywhere near that spot kick.Mr pearson again not doing the job .Well played all round

He scored at forest, played well today, won the penalty. Without him we'd be nowhere. My only criticism was the rebound I thought he should have scored AND the defending afterwards. The rest of the team is to blame for that. I know he missed but we shouldve had extra time to fall back on.

Judging from Nigel's reactions at the freekicks by Kane and Nugent that went high and wide, it seemed the players took matters into their own hands and defied the instructions to let Knockaert take them. He was sending some brilliant corners in and looked great. I'm sure Pearson wasn't pleased at all that Knocky took it, but nothing can be done now. He had a great game for the record. Was our best player along with King, Nugent and Morgan. Hopefully we can hold on to him, although I wouldn't be surprised if he was sold to a Prem club or back to France.

Archived