Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Knockaert

Not sure. Nugent doesn't take penalties does he. I'd probably have nominated Schlupp or King?

But obviously Knockaert wanted it. He took the ball from King.

Well I'm fed up with 'justice is done'. FFS.

The 2 scenario's were completely different though. Kermo was arrogant in the way he chipped it, not a care in the world it seemed. Knockaert won the penalty and took it (I didn't agree with him taking it either), maybe put it down to youthful exuberance? To compare to Kermo though is silly.

Judging from Nigel's reactions at the freekicks by Kane and Nugent that went high and wide, it seemed the players took matters into their own hands and defied the instructions to let Knockaert take them. He was sending some brilliant corners in and looked great. I'm sure Pearson wasn't pleased at all that Knocky took it, but nothing can be done now. He had a great game for the record. Was our best player along with King, Nugent and Morgan. Hopefully we can hold on to him, although I wouldn't be surprised if he was sold to a Prem club or back to France.

I really didn't understand Knocky not taking fk's. He went close(ish) with the first. He should have taken the next 2 as well.

At the end of the day the lad was just as ****ing gutted as the rest of us, that was clear to see, and at the end standing infront of the fans he gestured 3 or 4 times that he was sorry, everyone bangs on about passion on here and he has ****ing just shown that 

I'm really sorry for the fans to Leicester , I'm very sad for everyone. Thank you very for you support all the season . I LOVE LEICESTER

Thoughts?

Not really much to think about.

He did his best, he had a mare.

I don't really think he needs to be apologising for missing a penalty.

Kermo on the other hand, if he had written that tweet straight after the match 3 years ago, might not be hated as much as he is now.

This guy put 100% of his energy and passion into this club in the last few weeks and if you watch the game again n just watch Knockaert then you'll even see yourself that he tried harder than any other player

If it weren't for him we wouldn't be in the playoffs so for those blaming him can do one.

Onwards and upwards for next season and keep NP, this guy has in some ways succeeded at this club yet some still slag him off.

On the other hand I'm happy that Harry Kane is now off home, too slow hardly contributed to the playoff push. Keane has really impressed and I love this guy but today's performance was very poor from him. I just hope Nigel Pearson gets rid of Wellens Gallagher beckford and the rest of dead wood then improve the squad with players that give 100%

I've criticicised him (even at times today) for being too fancy Dan and not doing the simple things, thinking too much of himself etc. Today though he worked his socks off. It's such a shame that it ended like that.

He shouldn't have dived though.

Guest ttfn

Why do you think Nugent would have nailed it?

Why do all our fans think they fvcking know best? Do you really want someone who practically ran away as quickly as possible taking the match winning pen?

This /discussion

I think this is my point about Nugent. It was that he wasn't even interested that was disappointing.

I think this is my point about Nugent. It was that he wasn't even interested that was disappointing.

I'm happy enough to admit if I was a professional footballer and it was a penalty in the 95th minute of the second leg to score to get to Wembley I'd be faking an injury or pretending not to be noticed. No way would I want to be anywhere near it. 

Nugent doesn't like taking penalties. He's taken ONE in his entire career.

Knocky wanted it, therefore he should have taken it. You can't have a player taking it who doesn't want it.

Absolutely right. Any player who steps up wanting to take it, is the correct player. Nugent doesn't take penalties, thats that.

Pointless thread to be honest.

He won the pen, he missed the pen.

No one who was there blamed the lad, credit to the 5 players (Knocky inc) who came over at the end.

People still are though, that's the point :(

Kermo on the other hand, if he had written that tweet straight after the match 3 years ago, might not be hated as much as he is now.

Not really. The pr1ck thought he was all big and chipped it. Does nothing all season then goes and kills it all with his cockiness

Not really. The pr1ck thought he was all big and chipped it. Does nothing all season then goes and kills it all with his cockiness

Well maybe not, but it was made worse by the fact he seemed not to give a shit and never understood that what he did wasn't on.

Admire him for having the guts to take it but how the team just fall apart like that?

We're they planning a mass celebration in front of the city fans but it all went horribly wrong.

Very unprofessional

This. I genuinely think this is what they were planning for and just self-destruct with the defending ... Reminds me of Brentford v Doncaster this season  :rolleyes:

Archived