Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
trotterfox87

Players for next season, Who do want, Who's free?

They are all hugely overrated, especially Adomah.

Tomlin is not overrated.

More goals and assists than our entire midfield (knocky, james, king, dyer).

If you have  ever seen him play he is quality. Is a big lad, but is actually really fit, got a good engine on him and has the sort of attitude we need, he can be a bit aggressive.

Tomlin is not overrated.

More goals and assists than our entire midfield (knocky, james, king, dyer).

If you have  ever seen him play he is quality. Is a big lad, but is actually really fit, got a good engine on him and has the sort of attitude we need, he can be a bit aggressive.

He could be a good signing, maybe even better than Ebanks-Blake.

I do think we need some mean fvckers in the squad, there have been times where we've been muscled off the ball too easily.

Keep:

GK: Schmeichel, Logan

LB:

CB: Morgan, St Ledger

RB: De Laet, Moore

LW: Dyer

CM: King, James, Drinkwater

RW: Knockaert, Marshall

ST: Nugent, Wood, Schlupp

Out:

LB: Konchesky

CB: Keane, Whitbread

CM: Wellens, Danns

RW: Gallagher

ST: Beckford, Waghorn, Futacs, Vardy, Kane

Needed:

2x LB

2x CB

1x LW

1x CM

1x ST

I only thought we'd need 3 or 4 additions to the squad but having written this out, it's obvious we need these positions filling with quality. Not too sure about keeping SSL, but that would only leave us with 1 CB if we get rid of him and I've never been convinced by Whitbread. Konchesky would be decent backup but his wages are a joke for that squad status.

No idea who we could realistically go for to fill these positions but I'd prefer it if Pearson was still at the helm come August. Mind you looking at the squad there's a mini overhaul needed regardless.

Got to get rid of a few first.

OUT

Kasper

whitbread

st ledger

Keane (loan expires)

Konch

wellens

gallagher

danns

futacs

vardy

waghorn

Kane (loan expires)

beckford

In

Steele

Keane

Alex John Baptiste

Creswell

Cameron stewart 

Liam Trotter

Nicky Bailey

Lee Tomlin

Bakary Sako

Albert Adomah

Ebanks Blake

Simeon Jackson

not suggesting we get them all in, but just some suggestions.

Someone explain why so many people want St Ledger to leave?

Personally can't get my head around it.

because he is below average, probably one of the higher earners, slower than fryatt, and weaker than 90 of forwards. 

Why keep him when more proven players like Baptiste are available on a free, and young but quality players like keane may be available.

There seem to quite a few people wanting rid of Danny Drinkwater.  That surprises me.  He's played 40+ games for us this season and early-mid season he was getting rave reviews from a lot of people on the player ratings pages and I think he may have been voted man of the match a few times too. 

I think that this is almost certainly his first full season at this level and after being an ever present in the team for so long I think he just ran out of steam.  He's still young (I know we've heard that a lot recently) but I really don't think we should be writing him off just yet. 

Just a thought.

Yeah, I was really in two minds as to whether or not to include DD. He's more than good enough for us on his day, but his day hasn't came around for a fair while.

Thinking about it again, I'd probably say we should keep him, just so it's one less position we need to buy a replacement for. 

He could be a good signing, maybe even better than Ebanks-Blake.

I do think we need some mean fvckers in the squad, there have been times where we've been muscled off the ball too easily.

one of my points i have made to people all season.

We need to make cynical fouls for yellows, prevent the opposition from countering by doing whatever it takes to stop the player, wind the opposition up etc.

Someone like Tomlin has this sort of character and passion, as well as the quality.

what happened to Kyle Naughton, not up to speed with him but looks like he didn't play a game this campaign? (according to his wiki) worth an approach surely.

He's played quite a lot for Spurs this season mainly at left back when Assou-Ekotto was injured. May still be available though but a Prem team would surely snap him up before us.

Zakuani's been transfer listed, definitely worth a cheeky bid IMO.

agree. He, Rowe, Tomlin and Gayle are all worth a look at.

But i am sure there will be the usual 'why are we buying players from a relegated side' nonsense. The above players would add to our squad, whilst reducing the wages if the likes of zakuani signed to replace st ledger / whitbread.

because he is below average, probably one of the higher earners, slower than fryatt, and weaker than 90 of forwards. 

Why keep him when more proven players like Baptiste are available on a free, and young but quality players like keane may be available.

like Danny give the ball away Drinkwater

Couldn't agree more about Zakuani, a quality defender. Imagine him and Wes at centre back, we would have every striker in the league running scared.

maybe we could sign keane and play a back 3?

.............................Steele

...............Zakuani....wes.....Keane

De Laet............................................Schlupp

..................King...........James

Knocky............................................Sako

.......................???????

not a bad looking team tbh

Like the formation pal, not sure about Schlupp (I'd personally like a bid for Aaron Cresswell) but assuming it's Jason Steele it looks like a very good side.

Like the formation pal, not sure about Schlupp (I'd personally like a bid for Aaron Cresswell) but assuming it's Jason Steele it looks like a very good side.

i have also suggested creswell in another thread.

we all know pearson wont play this way though.

Thought it looked good, and it would just allow Sako/adomah, Knocky and the striker to stay up top with no need to defend.

Would like us to sign tomlin though, but again cannot see it happening, we will probably sign another center mid like james/king/drinky who is 'decent', but offers nothing to the attacking or defending side of the game.

Wondering whether anyone rates Karl Henry. The general consensus is a need for a tough midfielder, and lets be honest they don't come much tougher than him. He uses the ball well, can lead the midfield and has bags of experience. Plus he would surely snap at the chance to play in the championship rather than league 1.

Archived