Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
trotterfox87

Players for next season, Who do want, Who's free?

Schmeichel

New CB - Morgan - New CB

De Laet - James - King - New LWB/LM

Knockaert

Nugent - Wood

Add another forward and another centre mid to that. I'd also consider getting another winger as we can revert to something a little more familiar if needed.

I'd love to see us try something like that. Three at the back seems to be an 'in-thing' at the minute and I think that utilises our three best attacking threats the most. It also relieves De Laet of doing as much defending as he'd be attacking just as much, and I think with three centre halves there'd be far more cover. You'd need a very strong season from every one of them but we've got some very suited players to playing something like that IMO. Just need to work on our defence.

3 at the back is the in thing at the moment because it offers much more opportunities to score.

E.g. Playing 3 central defenders compared to playing against a team with 2 central defenders is likely to give you an edge during set pieces.

my wishlist would be

players out of the club

konchesky

wellens

st ledger

gallacher

dyer

futacs

vardy

whitbread

beckford

players in

redmond

austin

neville

lauuri (promoted from youth)

miguel vitor

powell (loan from man utd)

trippier

mark davies

for people saying yakubu please tell you are seriously wishful thinking would love him but its never going to happen

Schmeichel

New CB - Morgan - New CB

De Laet - James - King - New LWB/LM

Knockaert

Nugent - Wood

Add another forward and another centre mid to that. I'd also consider getting another winger as we can revert to something a little more familiar if needed.

I'd love to see us try something like that. Three at the back seems to be an 'in-thing' at the minute and I think that utilises our three best attacking threats the most. It also relieves De Laet of doing as much defending as he'd be attacking just as much, and I think with three centre halves there'd be far more cover. You'd need a very strong season from every one of them but we've got some very suited players to playing something like that IMO. Just need to work on our defence.

Interesting. I'd be tempted by something like this:

Schmeichel

Morgan       New CB

De Laet                                         New LB

New CDM

King                     James

Knockaert                             Marshall

Nugent/Wood

Effectively a 4-3-3 to start with, with option to switch to 4-5-1/3-4-3 if our wingers dropped back or our full back switch with the CDM. Not sure if either Nugent or Wood are capable of being the lone man up front though, so perhaps switch the front 3 around to have the pair of them with Knockaert/Marshall just behind? Though then we lose some width on the attack...

Should be a formation that's strong enough in defence without leaving our midfield undermanned, and *hopefully* flexible enough to be quick on the counter-attack.

Realistically with Yana Banana aside...

Schmeichel(hopefully)

De Laet - Morgan - Baptiste/Shackell - Friend

King - James - Jackson

Knockaert

Wood - Nugent

Subs - Logan, Konchesky/New LB, Whitbread/St Ledger, Upson, Dyer, Judge, McDonald/Baldock

Others - Taft, Moore, Cain, Marshall, Larrauri, Schlupp, Waghorn

Just a few shouts from me,

Bakary Sako, cover/ competition for Lloyd

Nathan Redmond, class act

Carlton Cole, appears to have no future at west ham but when in confidence can be beastly!

Keane, another loan spell after quite a steady first season with us.

Kurt Zouma, saint ettienne CB only 18 but seems impressive for his age.

A lot of people on here are talking about getting a tough tackling centre mid to beef our midfield up.  I wonder if we've already got him on board,  We signed Conor Clifford on a short term deal when he was released from Chelsea earlier this year.  He is described by the development staff at Chelsea as follows.  Head of youth development Neil Bath discussed the thinking behind the move, "Conor came over from Ireland at Under-15. We've always given him support and help that comes with bringing someone from abroad without their immediate friends and family with them. I hope to keep in contact with him. He had a fantastic time in the Youth Cup for us, and his challenge is to adjust from youth to men's football. He's gaining some fantastic experience with the Irish national team and he's a gusty, determined, hard-tackling player, who has scored a lot of goals. "

He is now 22 years old and has played for Republic of Ireland at under 17, under 19 and under 21 level.  He has also been called into the senior squad, but has yet to play for them.  If he's good enough to join the full national squad at 22 years old (Ireland are ranked 39th in the world at the moment) he can't be that bad.  He's not the tallest at 5 foot eight inches - but then neither was Jay Spearing and he did pretty well for us a couple of seasons back.

He's young: didn't cost us a huge fee to sign and probably won't be paid a massive salary - ideal with FFP on it's way and the kind of player that Nige likes to sign.

Just a thought.

A lot of people on here are talking about getting a tough tackling centre mid to beef our midfield up.  I wonder if we've already got him on board,  We signed Conor Clifford on a short term deal when he was released from Chelsea earlier this year.  He is described by the development staff at Chelsea as follows.  Head of youth development Neil Bath discussed the thinking behind the move, "Conor came over from Ireland at Under-15. We've always given him support and help that comes with bringing someone from abroad without their immediate friends and family with them. I hope to keep in contact with him. He had a fantastic time in the Youth Cup for us, and his challenge is to adjust from youth to men's football. He's gaining some fantastic experience with the Irish national team and he's a gusty, determined, hard-tackling player, who has scored a lot of goals. "

He is now 22 years old and has played for Republic of Ireland at under 17, under 19 and under 21 level.  He has also been called into the senior squad, but has yet to play for them.  If he's good enough to join the full national squad at 22 years old (Ireland are ranked 39th in the world at the moment) he can't be that bad.  He's not the tallest at 5 foot eight inches - but then neither was Jay Spearing and he did pretty well for us a couple of seasons back.

He's young: didn't cost us a huge fee to sign and probably won't be paid a massive salary - ideal with FFP on it's way and the kind of player that Nige likes to sign.

Just a thought.

Good shout :thumbup:

Just done some research and we only signed him short term till the end of this season. His loan history is abit extensive and unsuccessful, but has done well in our reserves/youth squad.

Im sure our staff have had a proper look at him and will know if hes capable and willing

Just a few shouts from me,

Bakary Sako, cover/ competition for Lloyd

Nathan Redmond, class act

Carlton Cole, appears to have no future at west ham but when in confidence can be beastly!

Keane, another loan spell after quite a steady first season with us.

Kurt Zouma, saint ettienne CB only 18 but seems impressive for his age.

Are you serious? This lad is very much out of our league. If he leaves St Etienne it will be to a team in Europe

Are you actually suggesting barca released cesc????

Arsenal may have poached him on a contract due to the laws in this country allowing him to sign a full-time contract earlier than he could have in spain. Yes. But barca did not just let him go for the hell of it.

alright then, we'll keep it a bit more realistic.  Man Utd released Savage, did alright with his career though after a spell in the lower leagues

Agree with the person saying we should go for Leigh Griffiths, he's looked terrific in the SPL this season and scored some absolute belters, his free kick against Hearts at the weekend was outstanding.

I'm not quite sure what level Graham Dorrans expects to play at, but it's popped up on the transfer ticker on Sky Sports that WBA will listen to offers for him.

I'm not quite sure what level Graham Dorrans expects to play at, but it's popped up on the transfer ticker on Sky Sports that WBA will listen to offers for him.

He was very good a couple of season's ago but I haven't seen much of him recently - how old is he now?

He was very good a couple of season's ago but I haven't seen much of him recently - how old is he now?

Only 26, I'm not sure I think he'd be looking for a Premier League team though.

Archived