Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
trotterfox87

Players for next season, Who do want, Who's free?

I think unless we get Keane back which I'd say is unlikely, we should be looking to play Ledge next to Wes. He's an Ireland international and a good defender at this level.

Can't see us signing any more than 5. I guess a lot depends on what our manager situation is.

I think unless we get Keane back which I'd say is unlikely, we should be looking to play Ledge next to Wes. He's an Ireland international and a good defender at this level.

Can't see us signing any more than 5. I guess a lot depends on what our manager situation is.

I know he's been bob this season but I wouldn't mind seeing what Whitbread could offer after a full pre-season as well. He's always seemed a little off the pace, either a quality or fitness issue but it's worth trying him out just in case it's the latter.

Come up with a list, I'm trying to think of cheaper options, as that is what we'll have to go for in the Summer.

CB - Alex Baptiste, Alan Tate, Jason Shackell, Richard Keogh, Michael Morrison, Harry Maguire

LB - Aaron Cresswell, Adam Smith, George Friend, Charlie Daniels

CM - Johnnie Jackson, Stephen Glesson, Luke Murphy, David Edwards, Richard Chaplow, Nicky Bailey, Michael Bostwick, Ed Upson

WG - Albert Adomah, Gary Mackay-Steven, Shane Ferguson, Michail Antonio

AM - George Boyd, Alan Judge, James Wallace, Adam Forshaw, Lee Tomlin

ST - Will Grigg, Scott McDonald, Tom Pope, Sam Baldock, Dwight Gayle, Nahki Wells, Britt Assombolonga, Leigh Griffiths

Long list, but most of them could be affordable.

1x GK (Schmeichel probably won't stay)

1x CB (Hobbs?)

1x LB (If we get rid of Konchesky)

1x CM (Replacing DD probably)

1x Winger

1x ST (We have so many, but none apart from Nugent and maybe Wood/Waghorn who are good enough)

I'd like to see our back four something like:

De Laet/Moore

Morgan

Hobbs/(SSL/Whitbread)

New LB/Schlupp/Taft

With Schlupp more as a utility LB, otherwise put him further up the pitch.

For the rest, I'm not sure who to bring in... 

Offload Beckford, Danns, Vardy, Futacs, DD, Gally, Wellens and one of SSL/Whitbread. 

We have a ridiculously light squad after looking at that.. 

Will Koren get a go in the Premiership with Hull? Probably will but Pearson tried to sign him last summer and Bruce may not think he's up to a premier league campaign.

If Kasper goes then I am expecting someone like Ben Amos from Man Utd to replace him, can see us looking at Nicky Shorey but not sure that is an improvement.

Come up with a list, I'm trying to think of cheaper options, as that is what we'll have to go for in the Summer.

CB - Alex Baptiste, Alan Tate, Jason Shackell, Richard Keogh, Michael Morrison, Harry Maguire

LB - Aaron Cresswell, Adam Smith, George Friend, Charlie Daniels

CM - Johnnie Jackson, Stephen Glesson, Luke Murphy, David Edwards, Richard Chaplow, Nicky Bailey, Michael Bostwick, Ed Upson

WG - Albert Adomah, Gary Mackay-Steven, Shane Ferguson, Michail Antonio

AM - George Boyd, Alan Judge, James Wallace, Adam Forshaw, Lee Tomlin

ST - Will Grigg, Scott McDonald, Tom Pope, Sam Baldock, Dwight Gayle, Nahki Wells, Britt Assombolonga, Leigh Griffiths

Long list, but most of them could be affordable.

Is Britt Assombalonga a made up name?  Might be difficult to shoe horn that one into a chant.  Although thinking about it - it it kind of rhymes with La bamba.

Bring it on!

1x GK (Schmeichel probably won't stay)

1x CB (Hobbs?)

1x LB (If we get rid of Konchesky)

1x CM (Replacing DD probably)

1x Winger

1x ST (We have so many, but none apart from Nugent and maybe Wood/Waghorn who are good enough)

I'd like to see our back four something like:

De Laet/Moore

Morgan

Hobbs/(SSL/Whitbread)

New LB/Schlupp/Taft

With Schlupp more as a utility LB, otherwise put him further up the pitch.

For the rest, I'm not sure who to bring in... 

Offload Beckford, Danns, Vardy, Futacs, DD, Gally, Wellens and one of SSL/Whitbread. 

We have a ridiculously light squad after looking at that.. 

There seem to quite a few people wanting rid of Danny Drinkwater.  That surprises me.  He's played 40+ games for us this season and early-mid season he was getting rave reviews from a lot of people on the player ratings pages and I think he may have been voted man of the match a few times too. 

I think that this is almost certainly his first full season at this level and after being an ever present in the team for so long I think he just ran out of steam.  He's still young (I know we've heard that a lot recently) but I really don't think we should be writing him off just yet. 

Just a thought.

Archived