Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
trotterfox87

Players for next season, Who do want, Who's free?

I've seen a few posters on here, in other topics, recommending Karl Henry (Wolves).

Should avoid him at all costs; nearly 31, can be aggressive, and gives away rather a lot of fouls.

Schmeichel

Morgan Zakuani Keane

De Laet                                                 Olsson

James          King

Knockaert

Ebanks-Blake  Nugent

Wouldn't mind this next season tbf. It seems most clubs at the top end of the championship have given up with playing 4-4-2 and this would suit us with De Laet and maybe another quick full back (Olsson maybe?) to get forward. Think we could play knockaert in a free role with James and King in behind. Ebanks-Blake could also score a few for us

Edit: Wouldn't mind Baptiste in that deefnce actually, didn't we nearly sign him?

Jerome Thomas, Cresswell, Doumbia and a decent centre back. Hello promotion

Jerome Thomas is class, would love to see him here. Dorrans as well if he's not in WBA's plans for next season.

Dont understand a lot of people's problem with SSL.  Yes he may be paid highly and had an injury hit season, but looking at track record it isn't an on going problem, and after all you don't start in the Euro's for no reason.

Been watching quite a bit of French football and like the look of this bloke Dario Cvitanich, would like to see him up front with Wood.  Not sure how much he'd cost

Certainly a top player, I think he would be quite expensive, his goals have took Nice to European contention and some big European teams have noticed him. So I think he might be out of our price range. I agree with you that we should be looking to France, after all what a player knockaert is.

I've seen a few posters on here, in other topics, recommending Karl Henry (Wolves).

Should avoid him at all costs; nearly 31, can be aggressive, and gives away rather a lot of fouls.

If people want a tough tackling midfielder you have to be prepared to accept they will inevitably commit a lot of fouls.

Henry isn't the answer though.

I love these sort of threads.

People who have been previously calling for Pearson's heads are now suggesting we sign unknown lower league players. I'm sure they won't lower their expectations in line with this.

Hows Harry Maguire getting along?

If people are going to be anti-hoofing, lets just say he's not what they'd enjoy watching. I saw him in the playoffs and it was hoof every single time. He had a few nice little touches however. 

He's got a lot of work to do yet.

Is Britt Assombalonga a made up name?  Might be difficult to shoe horn that one into a chant.  Although thinking about it - it it kind of rhymes with La bamba.

Bring it on!

We've got Assombalonga, now lets all do the conga LALALALA

I love these sort of threads.

People who have been previously calling for Pearson's heads are now suggesting we sign unknown lower league players. I'm sure they won't lower their expectations in line with this.

Dont know if thats aimed at me, but weve been linked with Maguire whilst under Pearson before; Ive heard good things this season.

Not every effing thread should be turned into a Pearson In/Out shit sling anyway

Dont know if thats aimed at me, but weve been linked with Maguire whilst under Pearson before; Ive heard good things this season.

Not every effing thread should be turned into a Pearson In/Out shit sling anyway

no just aimed at you.

But people suggesting the likes of nakhi wells, players from crewe etc.

Yes, we need to build for the future, but are these fans willing to wait? As they have seemed really impatient this season.

no just aimed at you.

But people suggesting the likes of nakhi wells, players from crewe etc.

Yes, we need to build for the future, but are these fans willing to wait? As they have seemed really impatient this season.

lol  Ok then

We're always impatient in a multitude of differant ways, its probably one of the reasons why we're not all running clubs ourselves

Schmeichel

New CB - Morgan - New CB

De Laet - James - King - New LWB/LM

Knockaert

Nugent - Wood

Add another forward and another centre mid to that. I'd also consider getting another winger as we can revert to something a little more familiar if needed.

I'd love to see us try something like that. Three at the back seems to be an 'in-thing' at the minute and I think that utilises our three best attacking threats the most. It also relieves De Laet of doing as much defending as he'd be attacking just as much, and I think with three centre halves there'd be far more cover. You'd need a very strong season from every one of them but we've got some very suited players to playing something like that IMO. Just need to work on our defence.

Archived