Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bob gregory

Are we on the eve of a sacking, I really hope so

1) You mean the formation that we played when we put 6 past Ipswich and Huddersfield? 

2) Christ, a manager making 1 bad signing, who'd have thought it? Give me one manager that hasn't signed 1 bad player.

3) What proof do you have that he "unsettled" St Ledger?

4) I rate Schlupp, he's got a lot of potential but his record upfront for us is hardly worth shouting about?

Everyone is disappointed about the result mate, but some of these reasons are fvcking laughable. 

Nah, you see, when it doesn't work he's an idiot. When it does we just don't talk about it.

1) You mean the formation that we played when we put 6 past Ipswich and Huddersfield?

2) Christ, a manager making 1 bad signing, who'd have thought it? Give me one manager that hasn't signed 1 bad player.

3) What proof do you have that he "unsettled" St Ledger?

4) I rate Schlupp, he's got a lot of potential but his record upfront for us is hardly worth shouting about?

Everyone is disappointed about the result mate, but some of these reasons are fvcking laughable.

Not at all laughable,, the first club to sign a non league player for a million,, prob a reason for that,, not the sort of record I'd be proud of

Reasons as follow

1 for playing a very flat 442 or an unbalanced 433

2 for Signing vardy for a million

3 for getting rid of bamba and unsettling St ledge

4 for sending one of our biggest prospects out on loan to man u and then playing him at left back

5 for bringing Wellens & Gallagher back for maybe 2/3 games in march

6 for not not being a very good tactician

7 for lacking carisma

8 for the poor recent form of Marshall, drinkwater, wood, nugent, knockaert,

9 for not signing a few experienced pros rather than shister loans

10 for not even considering 3 at the back

But most of all just being himself

2 Anyone would have made that mistake looked good on paper.

3 Bamba was a liability

4 He has been better since man u and we have needed cover at left back

5 Wellens wasn't that bad and he needed to change something

7 who cares

8 Their problem not his

10  3 at the isn't that good if that is a reason 90% of managers should be sacked

I think he should be but your reasons were shocking

"for unsettling st ledger" and "for lacking charisma" are my favourite reasons

"Not even considering 3 at the back" is a personal highlight.

People act like that's the be all and end all. Can only think of Juventus of all the top clubs in Europe who have bothered with it.

"Not even considering 3 at the back" is a personal highlight.

People act like that's the be all and end all. Can only think of Juventus of all the top clubs in Europe who have bothered with it.

Man city and looked what happened there.

Thats your view why is mine shite. I've been a fan for 30 yrs and I blame Pearson and his lack of man management for a poor show this season

The second anybody uses the 'ive been a fan for ..... or ive had a season ticket for....' they go way down I my estimation , nevermind the utter dross said person litters every other thread with!

Lets find somebody in there 100's who has a season ticket and put them on the board! They need to be making the big decisions!

Whose the most charismatic manager we've ever had ?? Did he achieve much,, of course you need charisma ,, fool

But not his problem, not his fvcking problem..must be something for the pissing kit man or groundsmans done maybe.

2 Anyone would have made that mistake looked good on paper.

3 Bamba was a liability

4 He has been better since man u and we have needed cover at left back

5 Wellens wasn't that bad and he needed to change something

7 who cares

8 Their problem not his

10 3 at the isn't that good if that is a reason 90% of managers should be sacked

I think he should be but your reasons were shocking

****ing hell! The guy was one kick away from pulling it off! We soaked up what Watford had, and nicked them on the break at the end! The pen was saved and the rest is history, last thing we need is another change,

I want to know what 'carisma' is.

I don't know about anyone else, but I really can't be doing with anyone who truly believes that sacking NP now is the best decision, has no-one seen the story about that manager in the Prem? I can't remember his name, but I think his initials are SAF.

A car that was made by toyota I believe

Reasons as follow

1 for playing a very flat 442 or an unbalanced 433

2 for Signing vardy for a million

3 for getting rid of bamba and unsettling St ledge

4 for sending one of our biggest prospects out on loan to man u and then playing him at left back

5 for bringing Wellens & Gallagher back for maybe 2/3 games in march

6 for not not being a very good tactician

7 for lacking carisma

8 for the poor recent form of Marshall, drinkwater, wood, nugent, knockaert,

9 for not signing a few experienced pros rather than shister loans

10 for not even considering 3 at the back

But most of all just being himself

I think you love nige.. your just playing hard to get..

Thats your view why is mine shite. I've been a fan for 30 yrs and I blame Pearson and his lack of man management for a poor show this season

Poor show

Hahaha

Deluded!

We have no entitlement to be higher than we were, our 2nd highest finish in ten ****ing years, bettered only by Pearson himself.

Pearson stuck with the 442 too long, he should have played other formations like the 4231 away at Hull where we grabbed a good point or the 4411 at home to Watford to win the 1st leg.

He played the 433 during the run in to arrest the decline and 1 defeat in our final 6 saw us get in the playoffs.

As for the rest you're talking rubbish. Bamba was bombscare & nothing to build a team around... Wes>Bamba every day of the weak & SSL is almost average, looks ok in a lower Championship team - He's certainly not good enough to pick our starting 11 like he seems to think he can.

If we're on the eve of a sacking it's a very dark day for our club, the jobs half done.

Clear out of 30 players was the start, there's still some non-contributing high earners to go allowing us to strengthen.

NP has played various formations recently, looks like he's learned

The players are just starting out together & will get better as team as they come into their prime as individuals with a few additions we'll be there.

Plus we've got one of the best management teams for the new financial era, doing more with less

Have we improved on last season?

Yes.

Therefore have we failed?

No

You may be quite right about NP and his tactics, but there has been times this season he may be changing slightly, like when he put nuge on chalobah, it actually did work.

I would give him another season at least. For me it depends on what acquisitions he makes this summer. There will be a lot of good players available, on the cheap. If we can get rid of beckford, danns, st ledger, gallagher, wellens, futacs, waghorn, vardy, konch, whitbread etc, then we should have plenty of funds to try and improve the squad.

One more thing. As much as i love Kasper, if we could get £5 million plus for him, i would sell him. 

Give the money to nige and tell him to spend it. Remember we bought james, de laet and wood with that and still had a bit of change. Sometimes you can actually improve your squad by selling your most valuable asset. A keeper will not have as much of an impact on our season next year in comparison to another 10-15 goal striker, a central midfielder with 10+ assists, or a new center half which could get us an extra 5 clean sheets.

I love the guy, but with that sort of money we could bring in steele, ebanks blake, sako and tomlin. And still have some left from the likes of beckford who may reach a fee of £2 million.

Whats a shister loan?.

I want to know what 'carisma' is.

I don't know about anyone else, but I really can't be doing with anyone who truly believes that sacking NP now is the best decision, has no-one seen the story about that manager in the Prem? I can't remember his name, but I think his initials are SAF.

If you think NP is ever gonna be as good as SAF then you are deluded

SAF built a pretty good Aberdeen team before he came to Man U, he has proved time and again he can build teams and more importantly he can handle big egos and he is a brilliant tactician

NP will never be anymore than an average championship or above average league 1/2 manager.

When you look at his overall record with LCFC n the Championship it is average/ mediocre/ nothing special. Just because he got us out of a very poor league one division with players that in the end finished in the top 6 of the championship does not mean he is SAF

I don't like or dislike NP but when is everyone gonna wake up and see him for what he is....nothing special and not the manager who can ever bring us long term success I don't care who gets us in the Prem but we need to get there and stay there and I don't think Pearson can do it

The second anybody uses the 'ive been a fan for ..... or ive had a season ticket for....' they go way down I my estimation , nevermind the utter dross said person litters every other thread with!

Lets find somebody in there 100's who has a season ticket and put them on the board! They need to be making the big decisions!

This.

I'm gutted and I do feel sorry for Nigel, but I do think he should go because of a few reasons. Firstly hes been here twice and we know what kind of awful style of play we gonna get week in and week out, and its now very annoying to watch. I think our academy frontline is better than Tottenham's so why the hell is Kane here, he's bloody awful. And why must our strikers be so big, tall with terrible movement? Nugent is our best forward the rest are just pathetic, Wood,Kane,Futacs,Vardy,Waghorn, is this the best our manager can find?

Lets face it Nigel is a decent manager, but not for a club like ours. No charisma, tactics are old school and if he's honest with himself hasn't got a scooby when it comes to buying strikers.

If they keep him on, believe you me, LCFC will break records of all time lows when it comes time for season ticket sales. I love watching City but don't think I can take another 46 games of lump it to the 6ft 3 guy, who knocks it on the other 6ft 3 guy and hope for the best.

I'd love to see a Kevin Phillips , Tony cottee type striker here, who can twist and turn and play a bit, but those type of players have no place in Nigel's team as they are simply not big enough. So if we keep him it's back to the drawing board looking for the new young Steve Howard .

Not just charisma obviously, tactics that stretch beyond hoof it would help , but Pearson is poor in these drpartments . When there heads drop and there in need of a lift he can't find the words and that's that.

Would hull have got promotion if he'd stayed?? I think not..

I'm suprised this post doesn't also read

11. Didnt start Futacs enough.

It's ok Top has heard that Jose wants to come back to England where he's loved n may try his luck in the hope his charisma will satisfy you!

Common bloody sence at last.. Good points well made

I'm gutted and I do feel sorry for Nigel, but I do think he should go because of a few reasons. Firstly hes been here twice and we know what kind of awful style of play we gonna get week in and week out, and its now very annoying to watch. I think our academy frontline is better than Tottenham's so why the hell is Kane here, he's bloody awful. And why must our strikers be so big, tall with terrible movement? Nugent is our best forward the rest are just pathetic, Wood,Kane,Futacs,Vardy,Waghorn, is this the best our manager can find?

Lets face it Nigel is a decent manager, but not for a club like ours. No charisma, tactics are old school and if he's honest with himself hasn't got a scooby when it comes to buying strikers.

If they keep him on, believe you me, LCFC will break records of all time lows when it comes time for season ticket sales. I love watching City but don't think I can take another 46 games of lump it to the 6ft 3 guy, who knocks it on the other 6ft 3 guy and hope for the best.

I'd love to see a Kevin Phillips , Tony cottee type striker here, who can twist and turn and play a bit, but those type of players have no place in Nigel's team as they are simply not big enough. So if we keep him it's back to the drawing board looking for the new young Steve Howard .

Bet you were not saying when we were top..

Archived