Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NathanC93

Selling players, how much would you be looking at?

Due to the speculation around Schmeichel and King mainly, but I guess with interest in Schlupp too earlier in the season, what would you say is a fair price and decent business?

I think you have to take into account that apparently Schmeichel has 1 year left on his contract, so if he doesn't get a new one soon, I would expect him to go. And with King having a good season again, there is interest from QPR, Hull, Watford and Palace (SSN).

I was talking about this last night but I literally had no idea on what I would like for them, so was wondering if any other fans had a price in mind that they would find a decent deal for both parties.

Schmeichel - £3 mil

King - 2.5Mil

Schlupp - Wouldnt sell unless we got stupid money!

Players are worth what someone will pay.

What they're willing to pay varies with how long is left on their deal, whether the player wants to leave or not, whether the club has to sell or not, how many clubs are interested.

With the hype around Schmeicel he could be worth quite a bit if a couple of clubs come in & with his age he could improve as a footballer - which he'll need to enormously if he's to play at a top Championship or Premiership side.

King is a bit of an unknown quantity, I don't think he'll want to go but if he's on Sven era big bucks then we may have no choice which will negatively impact what we can get for him.

Schlupp is nothing more than potential... I'd say he's a £1m punt for someone, he needs to spend a great deal more time with the development squad or out on loan at a top Lg2 or Lg 1 side and really start to learn his craft, if he can he could be worth big money by the end of the next season, but at the moment he's just an erratic scared rabbit in the headlights, whether that's up front or on the side. We can see he's got some talent, but he's a rough diamond that needs to a hell of a lot of polishing at this stage in his career.

Only Leicester would pay 3 million for Schmeical, he has to learn not to panic and keep calm and at 26 he should have already done that.

Saw him going mental at Barnsley away at Keane after the lad had made a mistake. Never a captain in a million years. How much did James Butland go for ? He is the real deal

QPR, hull, Watford and palace....2 of these 4 Wil be prem league and the other 2 will be along with us seen as 1 of the top teams in the division....why would he go to them?

As for the promoted teams.....I don't think he will, if a team like WBA, stoke, Fulham or even villa come in for him, then as they are more established prem teams he may be tempted,but why leave a team building for a sustained future to go to a team which we could be waving too on the way past in a years time??

As for pricing anyway, if Kasper doesn't sign then I would say 3-5mil, worse goalies have gone for that, if he does sign then double it

King - about 4

But I can't see us selling either, we don't need to sell and are building not dismantling

They are in contract, we aren't going to sell unless something ridiculous comes along.

Normally would agree with that, but in this coming season how does the club square off annual losses of nearly £30m with the owners will only be allowed to loan/invest either £5m or £6m

If we don't turn into a big time selling club then how will we carry on trading, unless we carry on as we have been with the owners loaning untold millions & sticking on the debt mountain and take whatever punishment FFP throws at us.

Personally I don't understand the maths that would help us retain players & not have to sell big time just to cover the losses, forgetting all about reinvesting the proceeds of the sale into strengthening the squad. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Kasper 3mil

King 4mil

Schlupp 4.5mil

Gallagher 750k

Futacs - 250k

Vardy - Loan/750k

Waghorn - Is his contract up? if not 800k

Wellens - 250k

Beckford - 1mil

Danns - 750k

Nugent - 2mil

Koncheskey - 500k

SSL - 1.5mil

These are the players that are either linked away from the club or our big money earner who we could easily be wanting to let go of

The thing is if a club comes in for those players and the player really wants to leave. I cant see Pearson not letting them go. He wouldnt want a player here who doesnt want to be here. So in that way we are a selling club as there are lots of bigger teams than us who players would want to play for.

Kingy signed a new contract under Sven when he was bang in form, I'd be surprised if he was on less than 25k a week, we'd probably take about 2mil for him.

He is on less. Highest earner is on 28k

Kasper 3mil

King 4mil

Schlupp 4.5mil

Gallagher 750k

Futacs - 250k

Vardy - Loan/750k

Wellens - 250k

Beckford - 1mil

Danns - 750k

Nugent - 2mil

Koncheskey - 500k

SSL - 1.5mil

These are the players that are either linked away from the club or our big money earner who we could easily be wanting to let go of

lol You've been playing too much FM if you think we'll get some of those prices

I will be surprised if anyone from the Premier League is interested in our players. What happened with Schlupp and Man Utd, have they gone off him?

You'll probably find out when the transfer window opens

Kasper 3mil

King 4mil

Schlupp 4.5mil

Gallagher 750k

Futacs - 250k

Vardy - Loan/750k

Wellens - 250k

Beckford - 1mil

Danns - 750k

Nugent - 2mil

Koncheskey - 500k

SSL - 1.5mil

Some of these figures I think are miles off.

Have you not understood anything about FFP?

Do you really think we'd get 1.5 mill for SSL? And 4 mill for King?

I wouldn't be surprised if SSL gets released on a free and King would command 2 million tops.

Wellens 250k? He'll go for free...

I wouldn't even be surprised to see Danns and Beckford go for peanuts.

I'm expecting to see us offload quite a few players this season for next to nothing.

SSL, Wellens, Beckford & Danns will be some of the higher paid players, even if we let them go for nothing who will match their salaries?

Can't imagine that under FFP any club would offer them more than 5k a week, would they take such a huge drop in their salaries?

We may have to pay some of them off.

Guest MattP

Danns, Gallcher, SSL Wellens and Beckford would be available for absolutely nothing.

You don't get cash for players you send away for a year who are commanding stupid wages.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see them leave on frees with us paying some sort of percentage for the reminder of the contract, it's a buyers market now and people know exactly what we have to save for FFP.

Only Kasper, Schulpp, King and Knocky would command any sort of decent fee and we might be forced into taking it.

I hope people arent thinking we are going to be splashing the cash this year, we won't be.

Schmeichel - 2 million

De Laet 1 million

Morgan 1 million

Ssl/Whitbread - 500K

Konchesky - ' '

Knockaert 2.5m

King 2.5m

James 2m

Dyer 50p

Nugent 500K

Wood 1.2M

Waghorn 500K