Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pearson is already planning for next season

I don't see how getting five to six new players in is classified as having to start over again...

The core of the current squad (15 to 20 players) remains the same.

Besides, we would need the same amount of new players no matter what manager is in charge.

i agree.. hence i dont see why it should be used as an argument as to why we should keep NP

Thought Bostwick was excellent for Peterborough when we played them at London Road.

He is more of a defensive midfielder as well, will be right up Col's street :D

He might well end up at Villa, fits with their policy, good mates with Ashley Westwood but they've got a fair few midfielders so do they want another? I think if we acted early he could be tempted or leave it late when it might appear nobody else will come in for him.

I do agree though, League 1 and even League 2 have some cracking players who could certainly make the step up. I'd add Forshaw at Brentford, Judge at Notts, Baxter at Oldham, Grigg at Walsall, Maguire from Sheff U, Maghoma from Burton, Wells from Bradford

Exactly, instead of people banging on about Sako as a new left sided option, Alan Judge would be a better option and probably cheaper, out of contract I think as well. Britt Assombolonga looked good for Southend but on loan from Watford, James Wallace had a terrific season for Tranmere until they tailed off. 

Our most successful Manager  as  a % of wins is....................................

Nigel Pearson during his first stint   Played 107  Won 55      =  51.4%

next is.............................

Martin Allen   (!!!!!)        Played  4  Won 2      =  50.0%

Frank O'Farrell    Played 136  Won 63   =46.32%

David Halliday     Played 146  Won 64   =43.84%

and then.....................

Sven-Goran Eriksson  Played 55  Won 24   =43.64%

Martin O'Neill   only managed   38.29%

Poorest was.................

Frank McLintock    Played 40  Won 5   =12.5%

and for those that are still interested,

Pearson's current spell is     Played 88  Won 37   =42.05%

I thought Mancini was coming here?

Oh drat.

No, he falls out with players, often does bad interviews, plays negative football, underachieved last season.

Why would we want that again?

Our most successful Manager  as  a % of wins is....................................

Stats like this are an utter irrelevance. Why anyone quotes the stupid fooking things beggars belief.

Pearson's first spell was against third rate opposition. O'Neills was against Man Utd, Liverpool etc etc.  

So why compare the two? O'Neill is/was ten times the manager Pearson will ever be and stats like this should be consigned the rubbish heap!

According to the Merc

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson said he has plenty of work to do in the summer to get the squad in shape for next season.

The dust has barely settled on their cruel play-off semi-final exit at Watford on Sunday but Pearson is already planning for City's next bid for promotion, and says he knows what needs to be done.

The work to shape City's squad has already begun and Pearson said they are trying to move on several players who no longer feature in his plans. Bolton and City are in talks over a possible move for Jermaine Beckford to the Reebok Stadium, and midfielder Neil Danns is also expected to move away from the club after spending most of the campaign on loan at Bristol City and Huddersfield.

There could be several others heading for the exit door as Pearson looks to build on the squad he has put together during the past year.

Several of the squad are also about to enter the final year of their contracts, including Kasper Schmeichel, Wes Morgan, Paul Konchesky, Sean St Ledger, Lloyd Dyer and David Nugent, while striker Martyn Waghorn is out of contract at the end of June.

"There is a certain amount of work to be done in terms of getting the balance right for the squad moving forward," said Pearson.

"We still have a number of players who, in an ideal world, we would like to move on. Unfortunately, we still have to deal with those players at the moment.

"But, with a bit of luck, we will be able to free up that situation by moving a few on.

"It is early at the moment and I have to see what the balance of the squad is when we turn our minds to the next season.

"I certainly have my thoughts on how we move forward but it is dependent on a few criteria."

Pearson admitted it had been a frustrating season in many ways, but said he feels the club is in a stronger position than a year ago.

He was also unhappy with the level of negativity that had surfaced during City's difficult spells this season.

"It has been an unpredictable season but we have had some very good spells," he said. "I think there has been a disproportionate amount of negativity spoken about us at times. I would be the first to concede that we had a long spell of not being able to win games, which left us in the position of having to rely on results elsewhere on the final day to get into the play-offs.

"But I do think, for the most part, the players applied themselves very well this season. The club is in a much better position than 12 months ago."

Read more: http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-19001647-detail/story.html?#ixzz2TS5GUNhr 

Follow us: @thisisleics on Twitter | thisisleicestershire on Facebook

Are you reading Ian Stringer?

O'Neill is/was ten times the manager Pearson will ever be 

I fully agree with you but otherwise how can you compare managers.

The figures show McLintock as the worst but he was our Manager in the old First Division ( I think ) so he may have been  better than Pearson but all you can go on is win %

I fully agree with you but otherwise how can you compare managers.

The figures show McLintock as the worst but he was our Manager in the old First Division ( I think ) so he may have been  better than Pearson but all you can go on is win %

You do have into account what division they are in, and the circumstances in which they took over.

Pearson might have a great win percentage but he's not the best we've had by a long way. Similarly, I don't think the recent run makes him the worst.

Taylor, for me, is the worst of recent times, because he was in a unique position for us in that he had a fine squad AND money to spend yet messed it up spectacularly. We've had managers with money but not the squad he inherited or the position from which he took over in. O'Neill is the best because he won trophies and made us very competitive in the top flight, so although his win percentage would be lower the quality of the opposition and the resources he had makes his job far better than just stats-based.

Stats like this are an utter irrelevance. Why anyone quotes the stupid fooking things beggars belief.

Pearson's first spell was against third rate opposition. O'Neills was against Man Utd, Liverpool etc etc.

So why compare the two? O'Neill is/was ten times the manager Pearson will ever be and stats like this should be consigned the rubbish heap!

Let's just consign all stats to the scrapheap then since no two ever have identical conditions.

Interesting that our last manager we sacked for not being good enough has a higher win % than our current manager.

Let's just consign all stats to the scrapheap then since no two ever have identical conditions.

Definition of statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures!!

You do have into account what division they are in, and the circumstances in which they took over.

Pearson might have a great win percentage but he's not the best we've had by a long way. Similarly, I don't think the recent run makes him the worst.

Taylor, for me, is the worst of recent times, because he was in a unique position for us in that he had a fine squad AND money to spend yet messed it up spectacularly. We've had managers with money but not the squad he inherited or the position from which he took over in. O'Neill is the best because he won trophies and made us very competitive in the top flight, so although his win percentage would be lower the quality of the opposition and the resources he had makes his job far better than just stats-based.

I wasn't trying to say Pearson was a good Manager or even that he was a bad Manager, I just put the win% stats for Leicester and agree its means nothing because the variables are different for each Manager,.

However as much as I would like O'Neil back here, who would he have as Backroom staff? almost certainly not John Robertson and was he sacked from Sunderland because without Robertson his not good enough?

We have to face facts we are an average Championship side and will not attract most of the managers the fans on here want, perhaps Top wants to get rid of Pearson but can't get the right Manager to come here or perhaps it was a 3 year aim for the Premiership and Pearson is in the 3rd year. 

Interesting that our last manager we sacked for not being good enough has a higher win % than our current manager.

Higher win percentage does not equate to better league position for the majority of the season, a younger, smaller, cheaper (for a large part) squad though. And the percentage difference is pretty small anyway.

It doesn't seem to matter Waller, everybody loves big Nige lol

No they don't believe me, he might be planning for next season and he might even get a shot at it but he won't be putting up a Christmas tree in his office that's for sure!

shit****cuntbollockswank

We're doomed and I've just bought a season ticket

shit****cuntbollockswank

We're doomed and I've just bought a season ticket

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  Don't even joke about him staying NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No they don't believe me, he might be planning for next season and he might even get a shot at it but he won't be putting up a Christmas tree in his office that's for sure!

Of course he won't. The club will get someone else to do that.

That's it if these owners ambition amounts to keeping this third rate amateur as our manager then they are going to get all they deserve .He is box office poison thousands like me will have no interest in renewing our season tickets if captain hoofball remains at the helm. God it's such a depressing thought that this clown will still be in charge of our beloved club at the start of the season. :(  :( :(  :(  

That's it if these owners ambition amounts to keeping this third rate amateur as our manager then they are going to get all they deserve .He is box office poison thousands like me will have no interest in renewing our season tickets if captain hoofball remains at the helm. God it's such a depressing thought that this clown will still be in charge of our beloved club at the start of the season. :(  :( :(  :(  

I don't even know where to begin. 

It doesn't mean he will be in charge next season.

He's preparing for it in the event of him still being here.

That's it if these owners ambition amounts to keeping this third rate amateur as our manager then they are going to get all they deserve .He is box office poison thousands like me will have no interest in renewing our season tickets if captain hoofball remains at the helm. God it's such a depressing thought that this clown will still be in charge of our beloved club at the start of the season. :(:( :( :(

So you've sat through Levein, Kelly, Megson, Burrows, Worthington, Holloway and god knows who else over the last 10 years and this is where you're drawing the line. The only manager to get us in the playoffs. You my friend have a very strange sense of when to make a stand.

So you've sat through Levein, Kelly, Megson, Burrows, Worthington, Holloway and god knows who else over the last 10 years and this is where you're drawing the line. The only manager to get us in the playoffs. You my friend have a very strange sense of when to make a stand.

I sat through those and as a club we were always underdogs as we had no money .... It was fun, they were OK managers trying to get the best out of OK players signed on a limited budget. Our expectation was low. A win felt great.

Now we have more resources. We have money. Life is different. Expectations are that with that money we should see better players coming in and playing better football and winning matches more often.

When the manager only delivers slightly better than average that's disappointing. It's a let down. It's deflating. 

Archived