Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

The Exams Thread

Well, sort of.

But they're not that hard.

I did **** all all year aswell as not revising yet still got 6 C's.

And i'm not exactly smart.

Same goes for me.

Looking back at it, I wish I'd have pushed myself. I got mostly B's but I could've done revision and come out with A's which would've been better.

Same goes for me.

Looking back at it, I wish I'd have pushed myself. I got mostly B's but I could've done revision and come out with A's which would've been better.

All depends on your ambition really I suppose.

Can't for the life of me work out the people that decide to spend every spare minute revising.

I'm looking at you Mr. Ruddle.

All depends on your ambition really I suppose.

Can't for the life of me work out the people that decide to spend every spare minute revising.

I'm looking at you Mr. Ruddle.

My ambition isn't great, just wish I'd have done better. It all helps in the long run.

Micky has got the right idea in revising, but it's not healthy to do it 24/7. He should have a break, maybe the FT match could help him relax a little. Or even revise whilst watching if he wants.

It's up to him isn't it. :P

I had a PE GCSE GAMES PAPER today, I think I done well. I only needed 19marks for a C grade and about 70something out of 80 for a A*

I think i've passed. I want to become a Pe teacher in the future or a PTI.

I had a PE GCSE GAMES PAPER today, I think I done well. I only needed 19marks for a C grade and about 70something out of 80 for a A*

I think i've passed. I want to become a Pe teacher in the future or a PTI.

When i did that they ended up marking them wrong.

As for my exams i've got my A level ICT exam on tuesday. Have i prepared? No. I'll pass still.

I've got C4 next Wednesday... :unsure:

To be fair it might not be that bad

I remember we looked through past papers and specimen papers and they were all fine, all related to what we had done etc etc

Got to the exam, opened the paper and I think I knew about 3 questions from 8 or so, half of it we hadn't covered in anywhere near as much detail as required and the lay out of them was very different from other years. Fortunately i got 90%s in all the others so got an A overall, whoopah :D

Good Luck I say, Maths is becoming ever more unpopular as an A level and so it is an increasingly good one to have on your CV if you get the grade.

EDIT: also it depends on your exam board (bullsh1te rules) because a girl i know who had B's and C's all through Maths A Level had a different one and came out thinking it was easy :(

Ah freedom. Confined from 9am to 5 pm isn't good. I suppose you could say it's just like a normal working day but whatever.

At least the exams were OK, English Lit and Psychology could have been much worse. But ICT was a bit of a bitch to be honest.

Ah freedom. Confined from 9am to 5 pm isn't good. I suppose you could say it's just like a normal working day but whatever.

At least the exams were OK, English Lit and Psychology could have been much worse. But ICT was a bit of a bitch to be honest.

I didn't think ICT was too bad. :unsure: I probably did a different paper to you though.

One down, two to go. :D

Anyone else a bit worried about what their future holds after college/school?

My sister got a degree at Sheffield hallam in sport science and is now working in an office while also behind a bar occasionally.

I don't think grades mean everything nowadays, you need experience aswell.

And tbh i still don't have a clue what I want to do.

My sister got a degree at Sheffield hallam in sport science and is now working in an office while also behind a bar occasionally.

It's fine getting a degree, you've just got to be able to get a job after it.

Grades do mean something, you've just got to be patient in trying to find a job. Sometimes there aren't an awful lot of jobs in the particular area you're interested in.

I don't have a clue what I want to do either. :S

It's fine getting a degree, you've just got to be able to get a job after it.

Grades do mean something, you've just got to be patient in trying to find a job. Sometimes there aren't an awful lot of jobs in the particular area you're interested in.

I don't have a clue what I want to do either. :S

Dont worry about all that now,just worry about getting the qualifications.

After my degree the most obvious step was the LPC and then on to become a solicitor.

The problem was I didnt want to be one, so after my LPC I took a year out working the odd job here and there until I came across my current job.

Im now a consultant to the top Law firms on how they should market themselves i.e what type of clients to aim for, which dinners to attend, which charities to give to, even which sports to sponsor...basically I get paid to do fook all!!!! :D:D

Had I not done my course or even my LPC I wouldnt have had the chance to get this job so in the long run it does help.

Grades are a small part of the story. You need personality, commitment and willingness to learn and gain experiecne.

Having said that, I put 100% in to everything I do. I am therefore trying really hard with my GCSE's. However, trying hard is one thing, but you can try too hard. You still need to give yourself time to relax and de-stress, or you will never take your revision in.

Grades are a small part of the story. You need personality, commitment and willingness to learn and gain experiecne.

Having said that, I put 100% in to everything I do. I am therefore trying really hard with my GCSE's. However, trying hard is one thing, but you can try too hard. You still need to give yourself time to relax and de-stress, or you will never take your revision in.

CRAMMING!!!

I'm the same, I don't really know what I want to do and tbh I don't particularly enjoy any of my subjects. Then again I'd rather stay at college than enter the world of work atm.

Well I'm kinda hoping to stay in academic life anyway - after GCSE's going onto 6th Form, then University, and I'm hoping to come out the other end with a good astrophysics degree, and maybe go into space reseacrh or something, the kind of job area where it is grades that count and get you in.

Well I've completely buggered up my GCSE's. Don't think there's any way back now to achieving what I had the potential to get. Hoping to start over at sixth form. Maths pretty much sums up my GCSE's in a nutshell: A, A, A*, E :S ... Final exam Monday which I'm expecting to fail. Oh well...

Archived