Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hackneyfox

FAO Fleckney Mike

Mike

You posted a few months ago about some player of ours living in digs in Watford? The point of your post being that people shouldn't believe the alleged salaries that players were on.

Just wondering who it was and how much you believed he was on, I'm asking due to claims elsewhere that Vardy is on 7k a week.

Thanks

Mike

You posted a few months ago about some player of ours living in digs in Watford? The point of your post being that people shouldn't believe the alleged salaries that players were on.

Just wondering who it was and how much you believed he was on, I'm asking due to claims elsewhere that Vardy is on 7k a week.

Thanks

Couldn't have just sent a PM?

I would be surprised if he was even on that myself, Chris Wood said Millwall had offered him more money so I don't think we are chucking silly money about.

I'm asking due to claims elsewhere that Vardy is on 7k a week.

I would be surprised if he was even on that myself, Chris Wood said Millwall had offered him more money so I don't think we are chucking silly money about.

I hadn't heard that, but didn't Millwall did claim that whatever they offered we offered even more?

I'm sure that led to people claiming he was on 20k a week.

I hadn't heard that, but didn't Millwall did claim that whatever they offered we offered even more?

I'm sure that led to people claiming he was on 20k a week.

Chris Wood

"It had nothing to do with money because Millwall blew Leicester out of the water in that sense — the fans don’t see stuff like that. For me Leicester was simply another step up. I knew that in time, if I was playing in the Premier League, the money would follow."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4865132/Chris-Wood-Millwall-yobs-dont-scare-me-they-inspire-me.html

Chris Wood

"It had nothing to do with money because Millwall blew Leicester out of the water in that sense — the fans don’t see stuff like that. For me Leicester was simply another step up. I knew that in time, if I was playing in the Premier League, the money would follow."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4865132/Chris-Wood-Millwall-yobs-dont-scare-me-they-inspire-me.html

Wednesday, 09 January 2013By Toby PorterCHAIRMAN John Berylson has revealed Millwall lost out on a wages bidding war with Leicester for the services of striker Chris Wood.The former West Brom hit man signed for the Foxes after Nigel Pearson tabled a £1.25million offer, with £750,000 worth of add-ons.Kenny Jackett matched the bid, after Wood had scored 11 goals in 18 starts for the Lions - but it was in wages that the Den club could not compete. The New Zealand international is now thought to be on up to £20,000 a week.Berylson told Lions Player: "Chris was disappointing."West Brom accepted both bids from us and Leicester, which were well into seven figures. We matched the figures."We were meeting all the salary figures until the very last time."Every time Leicester got told what was being offered, they increased it by one or two thousand a week. It got silly."It was a substantial investment we ere prepared to put in."But we lost a very fine young player and he is doing very well for them."

Read more: http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=103277&start=26#ixzz2U7rVzipZ

According to the same board he was on 5k a week at WBA.

I'm hoping that Wood is telling the truth, it seemed very unlikely to me that Vardy was on 7k a week with FFP looming but those itk claim to know better.

Wednesday, 09 January 2013By Toby PorterCHAIRMAN John Berylson has revealed Millwall lost out on a wages bidding war with Leicester for the services of striker Chris Wood.The former West Brom hit man signed for the Foxes after Nigel Pearson tabled a £1.25million offer, with £750,000 worth of add-ons.Kenny Jackett matched the bid, after Wood had scored 11 goals in 18 starts for the Lions - but it was in wages that the Den club could not compete. The New Zealand international is now thought to be on up to £20,000 a week.Berylson told Lions Player: "Chris was disappointing."West Brom accepted both bids from us and Leicester, which were well into seven figures. We matched the figures."We were meeting all the salary figures until the very last time."Every time Leicester got told what was being offered, they increased it by one or two thousand a week. It got silly."It was a substantial investment we ere prepared to put in."But we lost a very fine young player and he is doing very well for them."

Read more: http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=103277&start=26#ixzz2U7rVzipZ

According to the same board he was on 5k a week at WBA.

I'm hoping that Wood is telling the truth, it seemed very unlikely to me that Vardy was on 7k a week with FFP looming but those itk claim to know better.

I know who I'd be more inclined to believe.

As if Millwall would be offering 17/18/19k for a player.

Guest MattP

Albert is still adamant that Vardy is on 7k a week.

Not beyond the realms of possibility given the fee paid and the amount of clubs who were fighting over him at the time.

A hoy hoy Hackers.

Schlupp is the MK based player, lives in a shitty bedsit.

I am not ITK in any way about wages, fees or owt like that. As I've said on numerous occasions only once in my life have I been privy to a players salary (and a Man United one at that) and that's because the daft **** sold their house to a relative of mine and left their wage slips behind. Also left a 'broken washer tumble drier (wasn't broke, just needed the water tray emptying) as well as haning the keys over to them as soon as they put an offer in, they had to explain to him how house selling works.

Anyway, they were on 8k a week only AFTER making x amount of first team apps (think around 20), prior to that it was 2k A MONTH. Now this was 3 years ago and they've since moved on to another top Prem club but I'm always incredibly dubious on reported wages bearing in mind what United actually pay.

Archived