Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

Leicester approach former manager O'Neill

Just read it. Looks like lazy journalistic crap to me. The bit that swings it is at the end where it says I if they can't get MON they will stick with Pearson. Bull. If a club decides it wants a new manager that's what they do! Just because a target turns them down they don't suddenly decide to keep the one they have got!

Didn't somebody allude on here that MON would like a return, if so he is more than welcome to come :thumbup:  would be a significant improvement on NP and would get us promotion.

Guaranteed all most full home crowds.

Didn't somebody allude on here that MON would like a return, if so he is more than welcome to come :thumbup:  would be a significant improvement on NP and would get us promotion.

full crowds?....yeah right  :rolleyes: we arent playing Premiership teams.

Top: Mart m8, u fancy lcfc job?

Mart: Come back to me when u ain't got a manager kiddo.

Top: Nige, ur sacked m8.

Nige: u wat m8?

Top: ur sacked.

Nige: wtf.

Top: Mart, broke it off wiv nige, u in?

Mart: looool no m8 I wuz jus trollin lolol

Top: dats twice u cvnt arrrgh

Mart: lolol

Nige: lmao serves u rite top ps thanks for de payoff

Top: ye wtv nige use it 2 buy some better trainers. Btw hu else is available?

Mart: mark Hughes? Pmsl

Nige: lololol top trollin Mart

Cannot you read pal I said Almost Full Crowds.

almost...yeah..we've been getting that with NP....there almost full at 23k  :ph34r:  :whistle:

so getting MON back wont bring the crowds back....the only way that will happen is if we are successful or play glamour teams 

also on the story....getting MON back wouldnt help imo, story says cutting costs..MON hasnt done that in his last few jobs...spent like billy-o

Without Robertson with him this is not a good move.

With all this talk flying around about a possible change at the helm I can help feeling there is something to it, especially when you add to the rumours the lack of activity in playing personnel at the club right now.

Without Robertson with him this is not a good move.

With all this talk flying around about a possible change at the helm I can help feeling there is something to it, especially when you add to the rumours the lack of activity in playing personnel at the club right now.

He's only still there because we have no one lined up who wants it. Lennon was definitely approached as i mentioned a week or so ago but has evidently decided it's not for him at the moment.

Pearson is incredibly lucky to still be here. It was written into his contract that in his second year we had to finish top two, and if we didn't then that was one of the criteria upon which he could be sacked. Before anyone says how do you know that, i'm only going on what Kasper has said in a conversation.

Also, after Marshall played a half in that development game towards the end of the season, he was fuming. He didn't train for four days and seriously dislikes Pearson. So i guess that explains why he looks like half the player he was at the end of last year.

Not sure if I agree with that.

Crowds might come at first, but if we don't perform, then people won't pay to attend regardless who manager is. Also, would O'Neill be a 'significant improvement'? He does seem to spend loads of money, and his last job at Sunderland wasn't exactly a success.

Look, I love O'Neill as a Leicester fan, and as a football fan, but I'm quite bored of all this now. Sure, it won't be true anyway, but you have nothing to suggest he will do a job here other than looking back 15 years?

And as Mack said, I doubt anyone would take him without Robertson.

Didn't somebody allude on here that MON would like a return, if so he is more than welcome to come :thumbup: would be a significant improvement on NP and would get us promotion.

It would be too good to be true to have Martin O'God back at Leicester

Not sure if I agree with that.

Crowds might come at first, but if we don't perform, then people won't pay to attend regardless who manager is. Also, would O'Neill be a 'significant improvement'? He does seem to spend loads of money, and his last job at Sunderland wasn't exactly a success.

Look, I love O'Neill as a Leicester fan, and as a football fan, but I'm quite bored of all this now. Sure, it won't be true anyway, but you have nothing to suggest he will do a job here other than looking back 15 years?

And as Mack said, I doubt anyone would take him without Robertson.

Of course MON would be an improvement on NP,  has NP ever managed in the prem successfully? - NO

Has NP ever managed promotion from this level- NO

With regards to crowds you may well be right though.

Surely the only time MON would've even entertained the idea of coming back was around the time we appointed Sven. What do we have to offer now? 

A fan base that adores him, a young squad that has just finished in the top 6, and the fact that he wants to get back into managing as soon as possible. 

A fan base that adores him, a young squad that has just finished in the top 6, and the fact that he wants to get back into managing as soon as possible. 

So, from what you are saying the owners are actively looking to replace Pearson, but wont sack him until they have the replacement lined up?

If they want O'Neill I'd doubt he will take a job under those circumstances on principle.

If MON came back then without doubt season ticket sales would double in minutes. No smoke without fire!

One thing to take into account when last time MON was linked to the job, they just he was being considered they never said he'd been approached, this time they have.

Maybe MON is desperate to get to work!

Archived