Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Army United FC - Thailand

Can see this being a way of circumventing the financial fair play rules. There's many ways that this association could work to our advantage with a creative mind it's unreal providing the Thais are happy to keep pumping the money in and take a hit.

As others have mentioned this could come in the form of players being transferred out of the club for sizeable fees to boost the balance sheet, with said players contracts terminated by the Thai club.

In addition, expensive signings could be made by Thai club on decent wages, with the Thai club immediately terminating the players contract to facilitate a free transfer to Leicester. The settlement of the contract could then be spread out by the Thai club over the duration of the players contract at Leicester subsidising the players wage whilst he plays for £5k per week, keeping the club on the right side of FFP.

I think Watford's conduct this season may well have opened up a can of worms which a reactive FA will struggle to contain.

Can see this being a way of circumventing the financial fair play rules. There's many ways that this association could work to our advantage with a creative mind it's unreal providing the Thais are happy to keep pumping the money in and take a hit.

As others have mentioned this could come in the form of players being transferred out of the club for sizeable fees to boost the balance sheet, with said players contracts terminated by the Thai club.

In addition, expensive signings could be made by Thai club on decent wages, with the Thai club immediately terminating the players contract to facilitate a free transfer to Leicester. The settlement of the contract could then be spread out by the Thai club over the duration of the players contract at Leicester subsidising the players wage whilst he plays for £5k per week, keeping the club on the right side of FFP.

I think Watford's conduct this season may well have opened up a can of worms which a reactive FA will struggle to contain.

You might have something there!

You're probably right

Why is there red on the Leicester scarf?!?!?

The old Burrda shirts out in thailand had the thai flag as their make. Guess the manufacturing naming rights only were applicable to the UK.

I can't see that happening to be honest, unless I am seriously underestimating the level of football in Thailand any dodgy dealings will stick out like a saw thumb, Udinese and Granada reserves are second tier level so it is not beyond the realms of plausibility that they had surplus players that were good enough for Watford.

Thai football is leagues below the championship and any attempt to circumnavigate ffp will be too obvious.

It is more likely a promotional opportunity to big up our presence in Asia and subsequently the king power brand, if anyone other than academy players move between clubs for a bit of experience I would be very surprised.

This is more likely to be a similar thing as the Chengdu blades, I think that's what they were called, than Udinese and Watford.

... Software giant defender and striker Tom Hopper.'

That bit made me piss! I love mistranslations. Unless they were talking about "software giant" Neil Danns. I mean, his Spitter 2 app did take the world by storms, let's not forget

Back on topic, if they were to actually do anything with this partnership - I wouldn't mind a military green away/third kit, might look decent. As long as no red gets on the home kit, do what you like with away kits.

Also liking the idea that the partnership could be used to abuse the FFP rules, smart move

Archived