Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

One-Day cricket 2013 thread

Guest MattP

Bopara back in.

I have absolutely no confidence in Ashley Giles, why are we going backwards?

Why do we keep going back to Bopara?

I thought the point of changing a losing side was to replace players with better, not worse? He should've been dumped a while ago, give others an opportunity like Bairstow and Trego.

thank goodness dernbach  has been binned - hopefully for good - what an utter clown

There was a good piece in the Telegraph the other day about Dernbach.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/england/10094700/Dazzlingly-mediocre-Jade-Dernbach-will-never-get-the-seat-beside-J-Lo-like-Andrew-Flintoff.html

The dog in the call centre bit is a particular favourite of mine.

Guest MattP

Why do we keep going back to Bopara?

I thought the point of changing a losing side was to replace players with better, not worse? He should've been dumped a while ago, give others an opportunity like Bairstow and Trego.

If they want a guy who bats and bowls a bit no excuse to have Bopara in front of Wright or Trego.

Bopara presumably got the nod after some good knocks against India in the one-day stuff in particular "finishing" the innings well and getting England over the line. This is a role that no-one in the England side plays with conviction although I think Prior could, but is inexplicably not selected for the one-day or 20/20 side

Guest MattP

I see we win and the thread goes quiet

Probably we won a dead rubber tbh.

Real stuff starts on Saturday I suppose, good news is Clarke appears as if he will be out.

Guest MattP

Although Ramdin claiming a catch earlier when he clearly dropped it was pretty poor lol

No idea how he even tried it lol

West Indies off to a good start, very dangerous side on their day.

Should comfortably beat Pakistan today.

It is less comfortable now than I thought it was going to be when Pakistan were all out for 170. Could go either way!

I've just seen Ramdin's "catch" on the highlights. What on earth was he thinking?! If he'd have spilt it much further after his original attempt it'd have gone for 4 - really poor form.

I just wish Sir Viv had held up a sign to him 'Yea Dinesh, cheatin' nah'.

Guest MattP

Mitchell Johnson's barnet. lol

Mitchell Johnson's bowling lol

Good start anyway, I'd like a few more than 68 to make sure we win but Cook and Bell look fairly solid.

Archived