Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

One-Day cricket 2013 thread

Piss-poor performance from Cook and England in defending a large total.  If you let Sri Lanka meander their way through an innings without forcing them to take risks to earn their runs they will punish you at the end.

But never mind, nobody in England gives a flying fig about limited overs cricket anyway.

Group A is looking interesting going in to the final round of fixtures. Quite intriguing not knowing who we're (India) playing in the semis! 

I reckon it'll be NZ. 

Mainly cos I think India vs England would be quite an entertaining final!

Personally think Cook is to blame for today. Wastes our only review to one of the most clear cut LBW's you're going to see with 8 wickets in hand. Then Morgan cops one going well down leg side and not even close to being out and can't review, we lose one of our most explosive players.

The batting is too negative. We could've easily had 320 today, but they're too happy to run singles for the first 35 and then put themselves under pressure for the last 15.

Sri Lanka got bowled out for just around half if what they easily chased down today against NZ, yet we can't seem to do it.

Gotta hope we beat NZ now....

Group A is looking interesting going in to the final round of fixtures. Quite intriguing not knowing who we're (India) playing in the semis!

I reckon it'll be NZ.

Mainly cos I think India vs England would be quite an entertaining final!

Wouldn't say intriguing. You don't need to know until the group is decided anyway.

Personally think Cook is to blame for today. Wastes our only review to one of the most clear cut LBW's you're going to see with 8 wickets in hand. Then Morgan cops one going well down leg side and not even close to being out and can't review, we lose one of our most explosive players.

The batting is too negative. We could've easily had 320 today, but they're too happy to run singles for the first 35 and then put themselves under pressure for the last 15.

Sri Lanka got bowled out for just around half if what they easily chased down today against NZ, yet we can't seem to do it.

Gotta hope we beat NZ now....

Wouldn't say intriguing. You don't need to know until the group is decided anyway.

Agree with this, terrible decision for Morgan's LBW, but these things happen, that is why we have the review to stop terrible decisions.

It is not that Cook, Bell and Trott are bad players, but we need to push on, they need to play like Root did, run hard singles and 2s, I think Root got to fifty of 45 balls with only 3 boundaries, we don't need to be slogging it around at the start of the innings, but we need to be scoring quickly, not strolling singles and turning down quick 1s and 2s, 

The problem is with Cook, Bell and Trott playing cautious our big hitters are limited by the number of overs they face.

I appreciate the cautious approach, but they should have known the ball wasn't swinging and seaming, so they weren't going to blow SL away with our attack.

I am not saying drop Trott, or blaming him, but I don't want him in at number 3, unless we lose Bell or Cook in the first couple of overs, we need an aggressive player in at 3, someone who can use the 40 overs to take the game away. I think you need someone to hold the innings with someone to blast away at the other end, so Trott doesn't come in until Cook and Bell are out, then at the other end, Root, Morgan, Buttler, Bopara, Bresnan, Broad, Swann can all blast away with Bell/Cook/Trott keeping things ticking over.

When KP is back I would actually drop Bell and promote Root to opener, Trott 3, KP 4, 

Anyone kept up with today's cricket?! Beauty of cricket for you!

In a heavily rain-affected match, SA managed 231 off 31 overs.

WI's innings, disturbed frequently by rain, was commendable. At 26 overs, the Duckworth-Lewis par score for FIVE wickets down was 190-6. The first ball of that over, Keiron Pollard just needed to score 1 run and not get out. He gets out! If he had stayed in, the par score would have sufficed to win the match and send WI through. What a time to get out and what a time to tie the match!

From ESPN:

1992: South Africa lost to rain. 1996: They lost to West Indies. 1999: They lost to a tie. 2003: They lost to a tie on D/L. Today, South Africa have beaten all four of them

Incredible.

WI's innings, disturbed frequently by rain, was commendable. At 26 overs, the Duckworth-Lewis par score for FIVE wickets down was 190-6. The first ball of that over, Keiron Pollard just needed to score 1 run and not get out. He gets out! If he had stayed in, the par score would have sufficed to win the match and send WI through. What a time to get out and what a time to tie the match!

From ESPN:

Incredible.

It was unbelievable  lol

Got to feel sorry for the WI..

He didn't even need to score one.

They were ahead of Duckworth-Lewis for five wickets down at the start of the 26th over, but as he lost his wicket it went up to 190-6. So if he'd have just blocked that ball they'd have won.

Archived