Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

One-Day cricket 2013 thread

Played the game not the tournament.

The boring old farts on Sky are consistently the most negative ex-players of any sport against current England teams.  They seem to take great enjoyment from criticising a pretty successful team in all forms of the game.

But even successful sides should be criticised, we should do it more, the aussies when they dominated weren't just happy with winning but were always trying to improve.

It's rarely constructive.  Simply a case of "this is how I would have done it I can't believe you haven't".

Bit like the NZ decision not to follow on the other week.  Look who was proved right.

Today - why risk swinging and losing wickets when you're confident 250+ is more than enough to defend against a struggling Australian team and a strong bowling line-up?  Runs on the board have won this.

It's rarely constructive.  Simply a case of "this is how I would have done it I can't believe you haven't".

Bit like the NZ decision not to follow on the other week.  Look who was proved right.

Not sure that is a good example, we should have been positive and made them follow on, thankfullythe weather wasn't as bad as forecasters had predicted,  there was no advantage in not enforcing the follow on.

Not sure that is a good example, we should have been positive and made them follow on, thankfullythe weather wasn't as bad as forecasters had predicted,  there was no advantage in not enforcing the follow on.

Why's that, did we lose?

Being constructive on how to improve is one thing, but people like Nick Knight and Ian Botham just sit there and moan, moan, moan game after game.

Very comfortable win, so impressed with the way our bowlers and fielders strangled the life out of the game.

Only annoyance was the umpires reviewing virtually everything, they should trust their own decisions more.

Guest MattP

I think a lot of people got the wicket wrong. It seems to be much harder to get the ball away than predicted.

This is what I cant understand. How can they get it so wrong when Im watching.

NZ v SL was a doozy  :appl:

Absolutely! Great way to spend a sunday afternoon with a few beers watching that, wasn't expecting much when I turned it on earlier but it was brilliant!

Archived