Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitwickfox

New Fair Play rules

Can any one say whether or not king power who are our shirt sponsors could in theory give the club £30 million for advertising their name on our shirts

I've already asked the same question. Someone put a link up which basically said it will go to a panel to deem which is fair and unfair

Can any one say whether or not king power who are our shirt sponsors could in theory give the club £30 million for advertising their name on our shirts

there would probably be an investigation to make sure the money was put in under sponsorship and not a loan but once it is then its revenue, I expect Man City to do the same to circumvent UEFA's FFP regs in Europe

Yeah, my understanding is that it would have to be in sponsorship, which means actually giving the money to the club, rather than loaning it, which is what the Thais have done so far. Personally, I don't think they will be willing to fork out a load of money with no chance of getting it back.

As for it being approved by a panel - what money we receive from our sponsors or for our stadium naming rights, that's up to whoever is paying for the sponsorship or stadium rights, surely? If the owners want to spend a few million a season on each, they should be allowed to - it's their money and they're paying for a service. That's got nothing to do with the FL or FFP as far as I'm concerned. I'm all for financial regulation, but there would no way of us racking up any debt from this, so they can keep their noses out. It's just another revenue stream.

But like I said, I doubt the owners will do that because it's bascially giving their money away with no chance of getting it back.

I've already asked the same question. Someone put a link up which basically said it will go to a panel to deem which is fair and unfair

I posted this link in the Financial Fair Play thread

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/04/manchester-city-financial-fair-play

which mentions that "expert panels will assess the "fair value" of sponsorship deals and if related party transactions breach them, the relevant amount will be deducted from the break-even calculations."

How can anyone deem what is reasonable, for arguments sake we have a pre season friendly vs Man Utd broadcast live in the far East, KIng Power advertised to how many millions of potential customers. The Post Office have just spent £11 million on a tv advertising campaign that was?? Certainly not much for £11 million.

Yeah, my understanding is that it would have to be in sponsorship, which means actually giving the money to the club, rather than loaning it, which is what the Thais have done so far. Personally, I don't think they will be willing to fork out a load of money with no chance of getting it back.

As for it being approved by a panel - what money we receive from our sponsors or for our stadium naming rights, that's up to whoever is paying for the sponsorship or stadium rights, surely? If the owners want to spend a few million a season on each, they should be allowed to - it's their money and they're paying for a service. That's got nothing to do with the FL or FFP as far as I'm concerned. I'm all for financial regulation, but there would no way of us racking up any debt from this, so they can keep their noses out. It's just another revenue stream.

But like I said, I doubt the owners will do that because it's bascially giving their money away with no chance of getting it back.

You might want to read up on FFP and what  the rules are as opposed to saying what  you think they should be. there's plenty of info on  the football League website. sponsorships will be reviewed to make sure a club is not getting around the FFP rules by over inflating a deal. how they  decide what is 'market' i have no idea, and i'm sure somebody  will try  to push  the limits.

You might want to read up on FFP and what  the rules are as opposed to saying what  you think they should be. there's plenty of info on  the football League website. sponsorships will be reviewed to make sure a club is not getting around the FFP rules by over inflating a deal. how they  decide what is 'market' i have no idea, and i'm sure somebody  will try  to push  the limits.

The specific point on "Fair Sponsorship Value is not covered on the Football League site, but is referred to in other FFP publications

Following the Radio Leicester show, we have submitted a couple of clarification points directly to the Football League, but are awaiting a response (and this was one of the questions)

I think we are all getting carried away. Man city, psg, monaco etc are all owned by people who will tie this shit up in the courts for years.

Only arsenal and munich really want this to come in.

I think we are all getting carried away. Man city, psg, monaco etc are all owned by people who will tie this shit up in the courts for years.

Only arsenal and munich really want this to come in.

Almost every club has already agreed to it. I'd be surprised if the clubs haven't already signed a legally binding document stating acceptance of the rules. I think in future years it may well be challenged but certainly for the next few seasons I would expect it to be administered by the book. It has already started don't forget. Clubs have already submitted accounts for the sanctionless seasons.

Archived