Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Transfer Targets Looking Promising?

Prem rejects.

But we're a Championship club, so players who might not quite cut it in the prem at the minute are exactly the standard of players we can expect to get. I'd be happy with Perch and Upson, but not a fan of Guly do Prado. We don't need a new striker, anyway.

Upson's 34 and his wages might be high, so that might be a concern, but otherwise it'd be a very tidy signing on a short contract.

Perch would be useful, but we've got De Laet, and Moore is a capable back up atm, so he would probably end up as a utility player often played at LB...

Prem rejects.

But we're a Championship club, so players who might not quite cut it in the prem at the minute are exactly the standard of players we can expect to get. I'd be happy with Perch and Upson, but not a fan of Guly do Prado. We don't need a new striker, anyway.

Upson's 34 and his wages might be high, so that might be a concern, but otherwise it'd be a very tidy signing on a short contract.

Perch would be useful, but we've got De Laet, and Moore is a capable back up atm, so he would probably end up as a utility player often played at LB...

We do need a new striker, in my opinion, but Do Prado, is not the one lol

We do need a new striker, in my opinion, but Do Prado, is not the one lol

Wood and Nuge can both weigh in with around 15 goals in a season. Vardy/Waghorn could both do well off the bench given a run of games. We have Schlupp who could put in a shift up top if needed. Hopper coming through the youth (though admittedly might still be too young) and Beckford may or may not still be here. Plus our midfield seems to chip in with a fair number of goals themselves.

I'd only bring in a new striker if we can get rid of Beckford, Futacs and possibly one of Vardy/Waghorn. Otherwise, the loan market will do just fine if we need cover - what with FFP...

Though I'll admit I didn't go to nearly enough games last season, so I'm probably wrong  :sweating: . Just seems we have a fairly strong starting front line, and the cover off the bench is still pretty decent.

Just the standard boring players who are available which most clubs in this division get linked to. I'd be more comfortable if I knew we had a scouting system apart from Steve Walsh and the odd contact at Man Utd though, preferably a good judge of forward after last summers debacle in that department.

Just the standard boring players who are available which most clubs in this division get linked to. I'd be more comfortable if I knew we had a scouting system apart from Steve Walsh and the odd contact at Man Utd though, preferably a good judge of forward after last summers debacle in that department.

Someone must have decent knowledge as i'd never heard of a little Frenchman at Ligue 2 side Guincamp called Knockaert. Decent signing there surely?

Someone must have decent knowledge as i'd never heard of a little Frenchman at Ligue 2 side Guincamp called Knockaert. Decent signing there surely?

Awaits reply about A penalty miss...

not sure who people expect us to be linked with.

upson was a class act a few years ago,  but he's past his prime, we don't need another slow center back looking for a payday.

Perch is just an  average midfielder, he might do a job, but he might not as well.

Awaits reply about A penalty miss...

well we hounded the last Frenchman out (totally unjustly) who missed a pen and he was a decent player. I'm still really pissed off the way Kermit was treated. Anyway, Knocky has the ability to be real class. He'd always be in my first team.

not sure who people expect us to be linked with.

upson was a class act a few years ago, but he's past his prime, we don't need another slow center back looking for a payday.

Perch is just an average midfielder, he might do a job, but he might not as well.

Yeah, it depends on Upson really, if he is just looking for a cushy payday, like Keown was, then we shouldn't touch with a barge pole. But if he thinks he has something to prove and believes he is still good enough to play in the prem then could be a good addition. That goes for any getting on a bit prem players.

I do like our policy of scouting young hungry talented players, but we need experience to help the younger players, both on and off the pitch.

I'm not overwhelmed by the names we are linked with, but I suppose I wasn't expecting to be.

The core of the team is in place--Leicester don't need to make a bunch of signings to be considered a contender next season.

Back in the day muzzy iZet couldnt get in the chelsea team so we loaned him he was good he signed... morale of the story just coz they dont get games for prem clubs does not mean if they come here they wont turn out to be a gem ...

I was very impressed with Upson when we played at Brighton. His experience and class oozed through and Schlupp often drifted towards Greer instead as he was much the weaker cb. We would be formidable with Wes and Upson.

Just hope this brings home what our levels of expectation should be.

If anyone on here 'expects' promotion, considering the fact QPR are not exactly holding a fire sale, whilst reading and wigan will not either, as well as our lack of action in the transfer market, then please dont join any match thread next season.

Archived