Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
scinnell

Cat. One Acadamy

we are cat 2 . there is no criteria to being a cat 1 . i was told that by jon rudkin . its not a case of putting in this , having that and you get it .

There are certain criteria as such which they have to meet if they want to become cat 1.... Facilities etc....

My understanding is that we were a month outside getting a cat 1 upgrade last season following the upgrades put in place by the Thais

Therefore it should be a formality that we will be upgraded this week

The academy should really have been the bedrock upon which the club was rebuilt after we went into administration all those years ago. By now it would probably have been bearing fruit. For Leicester City to really make a long term impact as a football club, in the next 50 years rather than the next few, it should be the focus. It is such a shame we can't become a club with an ethos like Crewe, I think it would be so much more satisfying and indeed probably more successful than chasing promotion and yoyo-ing like we always did. I'd sooner see us a stable midtable Championship side with our own academy products in the first team than a yoyo club with mercenaries, personally.

The academy should really have been the bedrock upon which the club was rebuilt after we went into administration all those years ago. By now it would probably have been bearing fruit. For Leicester City to really make a long term impact as a football club, in the next 50 years rather than the next few, it should be the focus. It is such a shame we can't become a club with an ethos like Crewe, I think it would be so much more satisfying and indeed probably more successful than chasing promotion and yoyo-ing like we always did. I'd sooner see us a stable midtable Championship side with our own academy products in the first team than a yoyo club with mercenaries, personally.

Well at least not everyone has as boring expectations as you.

Derby are cat 1! So they will get the choice of the top of the cream locally and forest and leicester just feed off the so called scraps! Thats my understanding! Also from doing EPPP in my assignment at college, cat 1 teams can sign any youngsters under the age of 16 or 17 for a norminal fee without going to a tribunal!

Derby are cat 1! So they will get the choice of the top of the cream locally and forest and leicester just feed off the so called scraps! Thats my understanding! Also from doing EPPP in my assignment at college, cat 1 teams can sign any youngsters under the age of 16 or 17 for a norminal fee without going to a tribunal!

It was my understanding we could already sign players  from the midlands area...

According to the Daily Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/crystal-palace/8956789/The-new-Elite-Player-Performance-Programme-is-bad-for-the-future-of-the-English-game.html

".....any club with a Class One academy – the highest level facility, which only the most wealthy will be able to maintain – can come to our training ground, provided they give 48 hours notice, to watch our kids."

Is that right Scinnell?

Archived