Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
scinnell

Cat. One Acadamy

A quick question about the comment in that article which read ' Only the very rich can afford to keep Cat one status'.

With FFP looming will the extra funding needed eat into the budget we would need for the first team?

Anyone know?

A quick question about the comment in that article which read ' Only the very rich can afford to keep Cat one status'.

With FFP looming will the extra funding needed eat into the budget we would need for the first team?

Anyone know?

academy spending does not count towards FFP.

bert , other teams have ALL thats been required and still not got status , once again , fact !! 

no news yesterday , it was expected tho ! 

And we have had it for 11 months cos we missed the deadline as they praps did.

And why you bothered about other clubs I don't give a fvck about others as long as we are sorted.

Was there even any official word that the decision was going to be made yesterday? Some of the posters posting as if they are 'in the know' in this thread aren't exactly to be relied upon to provide a factual account of events. Wouldn't be surprised if its all bullshit and yesterday was nothing.

There does seem to be a worrying mystery around what is required for Cat One status. It probably dictates the future of the game. Also, some anomalies, why did Newcastle originally miss out?

I think I could probably tell you what is required for that status.

I think I could probably tell you what is required for that status.

Excellent, please do then? Also, what's your source? All I can find on the net is that clubs are required to have a minimum of 18 full time academy staff operating within a minimum annual budget of £2.5m (the latter a clear explanation as to why Yeovil and Wycombe folded at the first hurdle.)

there was a meeting with fa officials that was positive but no status given yet . cant say why . monday ? think so ! 

£2.5m input which is part of the ffp ? tough decison that . i wonder how much is the input now ? cant be a massive difference imo  

there was a meeting with fa officials that was positive but no status given yet . cant say why . monday ? think so !

£2.5m input which is part of the ffp ? tough decison that . i wonder how much is the input now ? cant be a massive difference imo

I always thought academy spending is completely outside FFP

Excellent, please do then? Also, what's your source? All I can find on the net is that clubs are required to have a minimum of 18 full time academy staff operating within a minimum annual budget of £2.5m (the latter a clear explanation as to why Yeovil and Wycombe folded at the first hurdle.)

I was being half sarcastic. Money.

Archived