Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
scinnell

Cat. One Acadamy

There should be no reason why we are not cat 1 from this year, our academy facilities now meet all criteria required for this and has done for almost a year

What they are I do not know, I do know they had to update the changing rooms and some other area from how it was previous, which they have done

In relation to what cat 1 can do ahead of cat 2, I believe the area is a wider search in scouting and options, in relation to 1st choice of youngsters and then scraps, I didn't think there was one, not below u9 anyway

There is no criteria as such !!!! A panel decides independently , i was told this by jon rudkin ffs ! The decision is today ! Maybe minutes away !

There is no criteria as such !!!! A panel decides independently , i was told this by jon rudkin ffs ! The decision is today ! Maybe minutes away !

And the panel will use criteria to decide whether we are Category 1, such as standard of facilities. There's maybe not a definitive guideline but there will certainly be some criteria we need to meet.

There's certain standards the club have to meet to gain cat one. That's a fact.

Decision is today. If we get cat one there's a strong chance we will have a separate training ground for the academy and first team.

There's certain standards the club have to meet to gain cat one. That's a fact.

Decision is today. If we get cat one there's a strong chance we will have a separate training ground for the academy and first team.

The 1st team and reserve team have their own pitches and sections at the training ground anyway

Of course there's criteria but its so open its not possible to just to tick off facilities etc and take it you've achieved success . When I spoke to Jon he said the clubs that had it and those that hadn't were so alike it was virtually impossible to put your finger on what to do and what not to do ! Horses mouth and that !

Of course there's criteria but its so open its not possible to just to tick off facilities etc and take it you've achieved success . When I spoke to Jon he said the clubs that had it and those that hadn't were so alike it was virtually impossible to put your finger on what to do and what not to do ! Horses mouth and that !

But you've just spent the last 2 pages telling us there's definitely no criteria?

So there's criteria, but there's not any criteria? Right.

The 1st team and reserve team have their own pitches and sections at the training ground anyway

Own pitches yes.

The cat 1 grading will require the academy to have a training facility solely dedicated to them.

According to the Daily Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/crystal-palace/8956789/The-new-Elite-Player-Performance-Programme-is-bad-for-the-future-of-the-English-game.html

".....any club with a Class One academy – the highest level facility, which only the most wealthy will be able to maintain – can come to our training ground, provided they give 48 hours notice, to watch our kids."

Is that right Scinnell?

Give the academy kids the day off on that day and bring in a bunch of the local youngsters off the nearest park.

lol

Own pitches yes.

The cat 1 grading will require the academy to have a training facility solely dedicated to them.

When I say own pitches they are completely set away from the academy grounds and set up which is the requirement I have been told

When I say own pitches they are completely set away from the academy grounds and set up which is the requirement I have been told

Which is what I said in the first place.

Archived