Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SWFC_FAN

Jamie Vardy

He was awesome against us at Oakwell, and during the game I was thinking I couldn't believe we released him (never seen him play that good before)... Strong, held the ball up so well and gave our centre back a bad time all game.

He can occasionally turn it on and be a real handful, but in League One he only scored 5 goals for us and was very average in a very poor league. Did alright at the start of last season for us and to be fair think it was harsh to loan him out because he did put the effort in and had scored a few goals for us first half of the season. But it's no great loss, now he has his contract I doubt he'll be as good for Barnsley, he may prove me wrong but I won't be losing sleep over him going. Gary Madine has far more potential if he pulls his finger out his arse. Also if we use the COG money to buy Lita that would be cracking business, a reliable goalscorer.

To be fair Vardy was Person's only real mistake in terms of transfers in.

He is a hard worker, as has been said it is a massive step up from where he was.  He needs to go somewhere where he will play and score some goals - as with others I think a season in League one would be best, although this should have started the back-end of last season

A few lads I know think getting his move to Leicester went to his head and he forgot about the graft he put in to get the move in the first place. Bit of a cocky sod by all account aswell.

Showed a lot of promise early season, linked up brilliantly with strike partner held it up well for midfielders to join in attack, played the wide men in well... Really aided the team, got 4 in 9 too.

But then got an illness, followed by an injury & never looked the same player, lost form then he seemed to be trying too hard & nothing flowed... Then when our team lost form it compounded his loss of form & he looked pretty poor for a side trying to get back in autos.

Be very disappointed if we loaned him out without having a look at him again, if his early form & promise can be built upon he'll be good for our squad, especially as Beckford is hopefully being sold, Wood was woeful during a run in (it was almost like he was playing against us) & Schlupp is a long way off being a consistent forward probably needing another year with the development squad or out on loan for a year... Meaning we're hardly flush with options up front

I think vardy was terrible after his initial start. However your post is a very balanced and pragmatic view. Started well, out through illness then totally lost it - but so did the team.

Another potentially bizarre decision.

Pearson goes and gets a young striker, pays handsomely for him and now the rumour is he may be available to go out on loan.

This looks, to me, like yet more money wasted.

Vardy ain't a kid anymore. If this happens it will be likely he'll eventually get sold.

Vardy ain't Beckford or Danns.. He was a Pearson signing... And, by the looks of it, a mistake.

I presume the Pearsonites will find some argument for this being a good thing (waits with baited breath)... But I can't see anything positive in it.

Sorry, is this Wood potentially going out on loan? I thought it was Vardy. Vardy isn't young. Even then, isn't it actually quite usual for teams to buy young players for handsome fees and then send them out on loan? 

Why is it bizarre? If anything its Pearson admitting he made a mistake, and trying to double-check this. If he was to succeed at Wednesday, then we bring him back, or sell him and make back a bit of the money we paid. If not, he accepts the mistake again and sells Vardy on, for a bit less of the money we paid. Why post as if there's absolutely no possibility that NP (or anyone who supports him) might recognise that signing Vardy just hasn't worked out? More childish rubbish from you.

Wth sentences like that last one you are degrading yourself to the level of your flowwolfs, cuddly ***** and DANGEROUS TIGERs and that is a crying shame.

Sorry, is this Wood potentially going out on loan? I thought it was Vardy. Vardy isn't young. Even then, isn't it actually quite usual for teams to buy young players for handsome fees and then send them out on loan?

Why is it bizarre? If anything its Pearson admitting he made a mistake, and trying to double-check this. If he was to succeed at Wednesday, then we bring him back, or sell him and make back a bit of the money we paid. If not, he accepts the mistake and sells Vardy on, for a bit less of the money we paid. Why post as if there's absolutely no possibility that NP (or anyone who supports him) might recognise that signing Vardy just hasn't worked out? More childish rubbish from you.

Bingo... There ya go... lol

Nowt like making a silk purse out of a sows ear is there?

I'm not surprised that post comes from your good self buddy..

:thumbup:

Bingo... There ya go... lol

Nowt like making a silk purse out of a sows ear is there?

I'm not surprised that post comes from your good self buddy..

:thumbup:

No argument to the counter then? Just more childish rubbish? My first point is that the most obvious conclusion is that Pearson is admitting he made a mistake.

No argument to the counter then? Just more childish rubbish?

There's really no need.

The bloke who at one point made a great post, and I'm sure I said so, in terms of a balanced view on Pearson has, unfortunately become surprisingly defensive of him. I stated Vardy has been an expensive disappointment. Rather than just perhaps agree, you suggest that Pearson is right to send him out on loan and somehow praise the manager for having the sense to see he's made a mistake.

Well yes, he has, a costly one...

Return to your sensible, balanced analysis and ill take you seriously again.

He's not up to this level. His goalscoring isn't good enough and his first touch is inconsistent at best. Works hard but I've never been convinced by his movement for a striker.

He shouldn't be a starter in this league IMO.

He's been unfortunate, started off ok, certainly works hard and scored a couple of goals. Then he got injured, never found his way back into the team properly so naturally started struggling and his confidence was shot. What people expect him to do in a couple of 10 minute cameos, I'm not entirely sure. If he plays regularly he'll get a few goals with the right service, and do a lot of work for the benefit of the team but he probably won't pull up any trees

There's really no need.

The bloke who at one point made a great post, and I'm sure I said so, in terms of a balanced view on Pearson has, unfortunately become surprisingly defensive of him. I stated Vardy has been an expensive disappointment. Rather than just perhaps agree, you do your usual of suggesting that Pearson is right to send him out on loan and somehow praise the manager for having the sense to see he's made a mistake.

Well yes, he has, a costly one...

Return to your sensible, balanced analysis and ill take you seriously again.

I thought not. This is getting frustrating now. My views on Pearson haven't changed, I support the guy, but fully recognise his limitations, as do the vast majority of the so-called 'Pearson-bummers' on FoxesTalk. That was literally the be-all and end-all of said post which you so praised. 

You stated Vardy has been an expensive disappointment. I didn't disagree with it, in fact I agreed with it, because I said the most obvious conclusion to draw from a potential loan is that Pearson has recognised that he made a mistake, the implication being I also think of it as a mistake. I even said it twice, but you chose to ignore it twice. I agree Vardy has been an expensive disappointment. But that isn't the end of the matter is it? Vardy is still at the Club. So what do you propose we do? Say 'oh well what an expensive mistake', lambast Pearson, and then forget all about Vardy while he draws a wage and twiddles his thumbs until his contract runs out?

I said that by loaning him, Pearson might then get a chance to double-check his mistake. That is not praising him for realising his mistake, yet another childish comment from you. My analysis is as sensible and balanced as ever, and to say I am not to be taken seriously is incredibly rich coming from you.

A loan move will do him the worlds of good. Like it's already been stated, he started out in promising ways and then got injured, which led to a minor downslide.

He needs match practice and I belief he can be a decent asset to any team in this league.

I also agree with the notion that he's sort of disappointed, but what do you expect when we sign such a player from a lower league for that amount of money?

This upcoming season will be telling in many ways...

Started the season really well- works hard, makes space for his attacking partner and looked as though he could bag a few.....

Got injured, then was ill, lost his place and was never really given an opportunity after that. I'm told he looks great in training, but can't transfer that into a game and also lacks confidence.

I'd be disappointed to see him go as he might be an option off the bench; however, if we're relying on him go get us loads of goals I can't see it.

It's a hard one to call I think. His touch at times looks terrible- is this something he can improve by playing more regularly? Or by the age of 26 if you've not got it, are you ever going to have it? He certainly works hard.

I thought not. This is getting frustrating now. My views on Pearson haven't changed, I support the guy, but fully recognise his limitations, as do the vast majority of the so-called 'Pearson-bummers' on FoxesTalk. That was literally the be-all and end-all of said post which you so praised.

You stated Vardy has been an expensive disappointment. I didn't disagree with it, in fact I agreed with it, because I said the most obvious conclusion to draw from a potential loan is that Pearson has recognised that he made a mistake, the implication being I also think of it as a mistake. I even said it twice, but you chose to ignore it twice. I agree Vardy has been an expensive disappointment. But that isn't the end of the matter is it? Vardy is still at the Club. So what do you propose we do? Say 'oh well what an expensive mistake', lambast Pearson, and then forget all about Vardy while he draws a wage and twiddles his thumbs until his contract runs out?

I said that by loaning him, Pearson might then get a chance to double-check his mistake. That is not praising him for realising his mistake, yet another childish comment from you. My analysis is as sensible and balanced as ever, and to say I am not to be taken seriously is incredibly rich coming from you.

If you aren't a 'Pearsonite' (by your own admission) why do you bite when I use the term?

I think I've touched a nerve, unintentionally, and you appear to protesteth too much?

The ironic thing is I think we are essentially pretty much on a par in terms of our views on him. But if you want to keep wetting yourself when I dangle the carrot then be my guest.

lol

The simple fact is that Pearson made an expensive error in signing Vardy. If he is now 'being sensible' by sending him out on loan then

BIG DEAL.. I expect a manager earning what Pearson is earning and being as good as some people make him out to be to not make such an expensive mistake. Sven gets slated for some of the expensive rubbish he signed.. So should Nigel.

If you aren't a 'Pearsonite' (by your own admission) why do you bite when I use the term?

I think I've touched a nerve, unintentionally, and you appear to protesteth too much?

The ironic thing is I think we are essentially pretty much on a par in terms of our views on him. But if you want to keep wetting yourself when I dangle the carrot then be my guest.

lol

More dense immaturity I see. I didn't reply to you purely because you used the term 'Pearsonite', I replied because you offered a very limited and agenda-driven insight on the Vardy situation. Second sentence is meaningless.

No, I don't think we are on a par with our views on Pearson, because you don't seem at all to think he is a good manager who has served our club well, and seem increasingly intent on making very limited and boring criticisms of him, without any willingness to properly consider responses to your 'arguments'. If you want to limit your contributions on this forum to deliberately trying to piss people off and making narrow-minded and childish comments, be my guest. I don't see what you will get out of it though. 

He is turd

If you think we are going to be chasing promotion next season it won't be with Vardy

Agree with you. Knew he would be out of his depth too big a gap only we could pay a million quid for someone from non league. Will never make it at this level should sell to anyone but please get rid.

The simple fact is that Pearson made an expensive error in signing Vardy. If he is now 'being sensible' by sending him out on loan then

BIG DEAL.. I expect a manager earning what Pearson is earning and being as good as some people make him out to be to not make such an expensive mistake. Sven gets slated for some of the expensive rubbish he signed.. So should Nigel.

As said, I agree with that. I didn't say Pearson was 'being sensible' by sending him out on loan, only that it was a better solution than leaving him to do nothing for the remainder of his contract. Sven gets slated because the expensive rubbish he signed are still constricting the Club financially, Vardy may have cost a million but its not as expensive a mistake as Beckford, or putting Wellens, Gallagher etc on bumper contracts. It might be worth adding that at the start of the season, Vardy was outdoing Beckford, and was on course to outscore him and make a comfortably more significant effort to the team performance.

More dense immaturity I see. I didn't reply to you purely because you used the term 'Pearsonite', I replied because you offered a very limited and agenda-driven insight on the Vardy situation. Second sentence is meaningless.

No, I don't think we are on a par with our views on Pearson, because you don't seem at all to think he is a good manager who has served our club well, and seem increasingly intent on making very limited and boring criticisms of him, without any willingness to properly consider responses to your 'arguments'. If you want to limit your contributions on this forum to deliberately trying to piss people off and making narrow-minded and childish comments, be my guest. I don't see what you will get out of it though.

You will notice that I don't recollect I've used personal insults towards you? Though your frequent use of 'immature' and 'childish' towards myself strikes me as a pot and kettle situation?

I can't be bothered to re-post one of my previous entries about Pearson but essentially it read along the lines of:

Positives: Teams who are physically fit, an emphasis on younger players, takes no shit, makes good signings.

Negatives: tactically poor, makes strange team selections, comes across as dour. His r/ship with Stringer is bizarre and serves no good.

The main difference between Pearson 1 and Pearson 2 is in his signings. First time round, he signed few duffers... Or even those that were he got them playing for him. This time round, he's made some dross signings.

I was once a big fan of Pearson. After this season, I have reservations.

What I won't now do is to try to turn most of the negatives into positives, like I think the 'Pearsonites' do. Instead, I now concentrate on both.

That's why I think we are generally along the same lines. But continue to see me as childish if you'd rather.

:P

You will notice that I don't recollect I've used personal insults towards you? Though your frequent use of 'immature' and 'childish' towards myself strikes me as a pot and kettle situation?

I can't be bothered to re-post one of my previous entries about Pearson but essentially it read along the lines of:

Positives: Teams who are physically fit, an emphasis on younger players, takes no shit, makes good signings.

Negatives: tactically poor, makes strange team selections, comes across as dour. His r/ship with Stringer is bizarre and serves no good.

The main difference between Pearson 1 and Pearson 2 is in his signings. First time round, he signed few duffers... Or even those that were he got them playing for him. This time round, he's made some dross signings.

What I won't now do is to try to turn most of the negatives into positives, like I think the 'Pearsonites' do. Instead, I now concentrate on both.

That's why I think we are generally along the same lines. But continue to see me as childish if you'd rather.

What signings has he made that are dross? I can only really think of Futacs & Whitbread?

These aren't personal insults, these are rational observations based on the content of your posts. So no, it isn't pot/kettle. Parts of your posts over the last 2 pages have been childish, chief example being openly admitting that you are just attempting to wind me up. Pardon me if I'm wrong, but that is childish behaviour.

Even then, why can't you see how limited a statement that is? 'He's made some dross signings'. Has he not made some very good ones as well?

You don't seem to be concentrating on both, because I can't remember the last time you fairly considered the good aspects of Pearson's management. Throughout this close season it has been nothing but criticism.

Rumours here getting stronger that he is joining us on a season long loan from you lot.

What is he like then? Hardly pulled up any trees last year which is why I would be unhappy if we signed him. Espeically on loan, because I would much rather us get a goalscorer in permanently rather than on loan.

Hope it isn't true, but perhaps you lot may change my mind...

SWFC_FAN: If you're still there, the conclusion you can draw after reading all the shite on here is that the jury is still out on Vardy.

Next season will be the making or breaking of him at this level - and so Id be really surprised if Pearson let him go. I doubt the rumour is true anyway.

He is not an expensive mistake. He cost £1m and at the moment hes probably worth about £600k. So we overpaid by £400k.

That is not in the same league as spending a combined £10m on Mills, Beckford and Michael Johnson.

These aren't personal insults, these are rational observations based on the content of your posts. So no, it isn't pot/kettle. Parts of your posts over the last 2 pages have been childish, chief example being openly admitting that you are just attempting to wind me up. Pardon me if I'm wrong, but that is childish behaviour.

Even then, why can't you see how limited a statement that is? 'He's made some dross signings'. Has he not made some very good ones as well?

You don't seem to be concentrating on both, because I can't remember the last time you fairly considered the good aspects of Pearson's management. Throughout this close season it has been nothing but criticism.

And why on earth do you think that is?

I like to speak in the moment.

The club, latter half of last season, went on one of its longest winless runs ever. We then failed in the play offs against a pretty average Watford/Udinese side.

We also saw Wood become dreadful, Marshall become impotent and, despite it being clear to anyone who wanted to see, the young Defender become out of his depth.

Now, it seems, we are probably going to let Vardy go out on loan.

If you can give me much to shout and sing about re. Pearson at present then I'll listen.

Personally, over the past few months, think there's been more reservations to speak about than praise to donate to Pearson.

The only real shining light was James. And if you look in the 'best outfield player' thread, you'll see that he is a player who excites me.

To brand my posts in with those of DT is ridiculous. And shows to me you're not reading them.

Finally if you don't consider that Kane was a 'dross signing' then I give in.

History tells me he'll go on loan to Wednesday, do amazing, then not want to play for us.

Bags and bags of energy, reasonable pace, needs work but is fairly young. With a bit of confidence and the right team around him he could do fine at this level. He's not a lot worse than Beckford and I'm sure even his critics would concede he'd make it at this level under the right circumstances.

Archived